Inactive [FUN/RPG] Limbo v0.4.8 - Go to hell! [1.2.5]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by obnoxint, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Offline

obnoxint

Limbo v0.4.8

Let your players suffer beyond life.

Watch the proof of concept on​

[​IMG]

Summary
    Limbo expands the consequences of death. Players who have died must survive a certain time in Limbo. Be merciful or increase the duration of the punishment if your players do certain things.

kahlilnc and Noppoly like this.
  2. Offline

94miner

So, I sent myself into Limbo and tried to use a special world but i'm not sure if it worked and I don't know how to get out of limbo to test either.

3. Offline

obnoxint

So... what exactly is your question?

4. Offline

Eistee²

It´s a nice idea :)!
    But maybe you can add a command which allow to make a "rescue block" so you can creat a level where you must go through to reachs this block for rescue?

5. Offline

obnoxint

I'm glad you like it.
    Hmmm... this might be something for a future version, but I have to think about it. Anyway, thanks for the inspiration.

6. Offline

94miner

How can I make it so I can use completely different sets of worlds (overworld, nether, and end) when people die. And what happens when people die in limbo?

7. Offline

obnoxint

I think I don't understand the first question.

When a player dies while he/she is in Limbo and the player has the Limbo.affect-permission for the Limbo world the timer will be reset. This means: when you set the property BanDuration to 600000 (10 minutes) and the player dies after 5 minutes, he/she has to stay for 15 minutes in total and a new random respawn location will be chosen. If the permission is not set, the player simply respawns at the spawn location of this world.

8. Offline

94miner

Okay, Iunderstand a bit better now.

As for question 1, What'd I like to do is have it happen when people die they spawn in a special world that one can only go to through death and when they die in that world the timer is reset like you said but they are "teleported" to spawn in a new world still different from the normal set of worlds.

(Thank you for your earnest responses, it help :) )

9. Offline

obnoxint

You're welcome.

This is not possible with the current feature set of Limbo but will be in a future version (after Minecraft 1.3 and an according CraftBukkit RB is released). I recommend to subscribe to file updates on BukkitDev.

10. Offline

94miner

So, for clarification....what happens on death (regarding spawn too) and on death within limbo?

11. Offline

obnoxint

Assuming you set the 'limbo.affect' permission as a global permission, a player who died in any world will respawn in the world you defined as being the Limbo randomly at one of many possible locations. He/she will have to stay in this world for as long as defined in the properties file. The player can not teleport to locations in another world. If the player dies while he/she is in Limbo, the "timer" will start over. If the player survives, he/she will be "resurrected" at a random location, also defined in the properties file.

12. Offline

94miner

Okay, i get all but "a player who died in any world will respawn in the world you defined as being the Limbo"
    Does this mean I can set another world as the Limbo world? And what's to stop people from dying just to get to that world? Cause I'm not about to replace my nether/end worlds with something else.

13. Offline

obnoxint

It should be a world not accessible otherwise. E.g. via teleport. But it don't have to be. It's up to your imagination which and what kind of world you want your Limbo to be.
    Well... you can't prevent your players from dying... but you can make them fear the Limbo! Maybe the page Usage and Configuration suggestions can give you an idea about the nearly endless possibilities.

14. Offline

94miner

So if I set it as the nether and allow people to go to the nether through the normal portals, then people can get to the nether by dying and by the portals?

15. Offline

obnoxint

Yes, and a player who enters Limbo by teleporting through a portal can leave again whenever he/she wants.

16. Offline

94miner

Okay that sounds cool. Thanks for all the explinations, answers, and speedy help.

If I use Multi-Verse 2 (which I will be either way) will I be able to have a different set of limbo worlds?

17. Offline

obnoxint

Not in the current version but multiple Limbos is a planned feature coming after a recommended build of CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.3 has been released.

Have fun!

Version 0.4.7 released.

Players now have a chance of being resurrected at their beds.

Read more: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/limbo/?comment=30

Have fun!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  18. Offline

Riolu

Oh, yeah, it's good one plugin, because I get annoyed by players that die just for fun or fro restore hunger bar.

obnoxint likes this.
  19. Offline

obnoxint

Version 0.4.8 released.

The changes are mostly internal.

Limbo now uses a new method to determine the type of creature killed by a player. If you are updating from a previous version, please reread the page Configuration and adjust your "KillMercy"-settings accordingly.

Have fun!

20. Offline

PoisonPotato

Be cool to see the time last longer every time you die. Maybe have it reset Within a certain time frame or somthing like that

obnoxint likes this.
  21. Offline

obnoxint

Nice idea, consider it as considered. :D

22. Offline

ace11118

Can You Help Me I Die And Spawn In Normal World!

23. Offline

obnoxint

Please review the properties. This has been reported before and is a configuration problem.

24. Offline

ace11118

i spent hours playing with config properties for it and it never worked