Inactive [FUN/RPG] LevelTools - Restrict Tool & Block usage to Levels! v0.4 [1.3.1-R.1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Kodfod, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Offline

md_5

Approved.

2. Offline

Rofl Disney

I don't understand how to use this config, is there a new leveling system with this plugin?

3. Offline

darth2499

What happened to this plugin? I was hoping an update would come out soon :(

4. Offline

Kodfod

Picking this back up after a long break, along with all my other projects. Please bear with me as i try to continue these (and more to come??) as i work and go to school.

5. Offline

Kodfod

Releasing the new 1.3.1 Update later today! Just some minor message changes and cleanup of the code. Next Update will be adding more features.

Hope you enjoy!

Up Dated!

6. Offline

bdf_1992

Hey, I'm not sure if it's in your abilities but I was wondering if it's possible for you to make this a bit more flexible. Say i have a plugin that adds new items, there could be a command to retrieve the item Id from your hand, then it asks you what level you want to restrict it too. I'm not sure how hard this would be as I only know very basic java but if it's possible it would be great for an adventure map.

7. Offline

Kodfod

I can add this. I will be more than likely this:
    Code:
    /lt set <id> <level place> <level break>
    Does that work for you?

Edit: Okay, Here is the change Log:

Version: 0.4
    • Added Bypass leveltools.bypass (default op)
    • Added in-game set level restrict command
    • Cleaned up code
    • Minor changes to words
    • Fixed code throwing many errors to user.

8. Offline

bdf_1992

Yeah that would be cool. Is there one also for use, say a wand or something? Also is there a message if the player can't use the item and if so is it configurable?

9. Offline

Kodfod

Not sure about your 1st question.... But I am working on the config for Custom Messages.

10. Offline

bdf_1992

basically does your level place also prevent items that have a use like water buckets or flint and steel. if so it would also work for other items from other mods that use the same code.

11. Offline

Kodfod

Yes, add the item id to the list and it will restrict it.

12. Offline

y1985

I got this error. Would you mind look into this for me?
    Code:
    23:30:04 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\LevelTools.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionErro
    : me/kodfod/lt/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.
    ava:155)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager
    java:305)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManage
    .java:230)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:222)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:198)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManagerAbstract.<init>(Serve
    ConfigurationManagerAbstract.java:50)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(SourceFile:11

at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:380)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:539)
    Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: me/kodfod/lt/Main : Unsuppor
    ed major.minor version 51.0
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader
    java:41)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader
    java:29)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
            at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.
    ava:144)
            ... 9 more

13. Offline

Kodfod

Try upgrading to Java 1.7

14. Offline

AugustAsh

I've been trying to get this to work and can't. The plugin is successfully loading, and I'm using the /lt command to set restrictions on certain blocks. I've even checked the config file afterwards to see if they are registering and they are... As an experiment I've tried restricting all block id's 1-5 to require level 5 to use/break. But it still lets me. What am I doing wrong? Here's a chuck of my config file:

Blocks:
    '46':
    Use: 20
    Break: 20
    '1':
    Use: 5
    Break: 5
    '2':
    '3':
    '4':
    '5':

Nevermind... It just started randomly working. Thanks anyway. :)

So I'm pretty sure I just forgot to deop myself like a total noob... Hopefully this will help someone else out though.

Hey, me again. What's the config option to assign a level restriction to a sword? I tried this, but it didn't work...

Stone:​
    Pickaxe:​
    Use: 5​
    Axe:​
    Shovel:​
    Hoe:​
    Sword:

Thanks. This is a great mod!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  15. Offline

Kodfod

Try using the data vaule

16. Offline

y1985

Can't download. Link seems to be broken.

17. Offline

jonoce633

I tried restricting swords but it doesn't work. I tried the data value as well.

18. Offline

ferds814

url is dead again

19. Offline

D3fCHiLD

Any chance of the download being updated. This really sounds like something I'm looking for.

20. Offline

RubbeHill

Is this outdated?:( I can't download it:'(

21. Offline

Kodfod

I have not updated the url because of not having time to update it. Someone can pick up the project if they wish. it's on my github.

22. Offline

D3fCHiLD

I had gotten it from Kodfod a couple weeks ago and have it working again. I'll post a new forum thread soon with it.

Kodfod likes this.