[FUN] PumpkinVirus - Allow pumpkins to spread (infect) your server

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Indiv0, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Indiv0

READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE DOWNLOADING.

<font color="rgb(136, 136, 136)">Introduction:</font>

This plugin is a bukkit port of my hMod plugin which is also titled PumpkinVirus. PumpkinVirus allows pumpkins to spread throughout the map and was created with an eventual goal of being used to simulate a game mode in which players attempt to stop the pumpkin infestation.

Download latest:<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    Github source: PumpkinVirus Source

<font color="rgb(136, 136, 136)">Features/Implemented Functions:</font>
    * Pumpkins spread upon enabling of command (branch spread)
    * Pumpkins may suffocate player upon spread
    * Several commands to control pumpkins implemented
    * Pumpkin spread speed can be changed
    * Values for plugin stored in .YML file

<font color="rgb(136, 136, 136)">TODO:</font>
    * (Done in 0.6) Implement pumpkin player targeting
    * Implement second type of pumpkin spread (linear)
    * Set up github wiki
    * (Done in 0.6) Set up permissions support
    * (WIP) Release videos demoing plugin

<font color="rgb(136, 136, 136)">Bugs:</font>
    * Pumpkins may be laggy upon spawn, becoming invisible temporarily (Only if /pumpkinmax set too high)
    * (FIXED) Changing delay time between pumpkin "iterations" only works if done before enabling of virus, after enabling will only work again if server is rebooted
    * (FIXED) Pumpkins spread way too fast, crashing server if not disabled within ~30 seconds
    * (FIXED) Pumpkins take time to appear if allowed to spread for too long
    * (FIXED) Pumpkins may exhibit strange spawn characteristics due to recent code changes (E.g. forming squares)
    * (FIXED) Pumpkins may stack on each other to reach sky level, despite height restrictions

<font color="rgb(136, 136, 136)">Commands:</font>

Code:
    /pumpkinvirus:
        description: Enables/Disables PumpkinVirus.
        usage:
            /<command>
    /pumpkindelay:
        description: Changes delay time between pumpkin spawns.
        usage:
            /<command> [delay]
    /pumpkinheight:
        description: Changes maximum pumpkin spawn height.
        usage:
            /<command> [height]
    /pumpkinmax:
        description: Changes maximum amount of pumpkins controlled by PV.
        usage:
            /<command> [maximum]
    /pumpkinage:
        description: Changes maximum age a pumpkin can be.
        usage:
            /<command> [age]
    /pumpkininfo:
        description: Choose whether or not to display debug info in console.
        usage:
            /<command>
    /pumpkinclear:
        description: Clears updating pumpkins.
        usage: |
            /<command>
    /pumpkinstack:
       description: Allow or deny pumpkin stacking (being able to grow on each other).
       usage: |
            /<command>
    <font color="rgb(136, 136, 136)">On branching:</font>
    There are two main types of pumpkin spread which I will implement: branched and linear.
    Branched in based on the player placing a pumpkin, then that pumpkin continues spawning pumpkins which spawn more pumpkins etc. until it reaches its maximum age (dies).
    Linear is essentially branched but with each pumpkin having a max age of one meaning they only spawn one pumpkin then die.

<font color="rgb(136, 136, 136)">Stability</font>:
    This plugin is now stable, and it is now very easy to diffuse dangerous situations because /pumpkinvirus now disables the pumpkins, and /pumpkinclear will prevent pumpkin overloads. This plugin will most likely not damage your world, but may crash the server if intentionally set to do so.

<font color="rgb(136, 136, 136)">Release:</font>
    The plugin is approaching release, and 0.6 will be the version released most likely. 0.6 will have all the main features, and as of 0.6, the commands have been shorted/aliased, and optimized for quick control. Many bugs have been eliminated and new features implemented. Once linear spread is implemented and the players on my server create a "trailer", the plugin will be submitted to bukkit.

Feel free to try out the plugin, and report any bugs you encounter!

Please be warned, this plugin is in early stages of development and may damage your server!
    Only use in secluded areas and <font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">ALWAYS HAVE BACKUPS!!!</font>
    I cannot be held responsible for any damage to your computer, server, dog, etc. through the use of this plugin.

Reserved.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
    robertdiecry likes this.
  2. Offline

batlham

LOL funny! I saw a video of it :)
    I will be watching for this mod to be stable and configurable. It would be fun to dork with people on the server! :D
    I would get swamped with "Somethings wrong!" and "I think we were hacked!" LOL

You know... After seeing this I bet you have to skills to make a mod that can "grow" giant trees. With them looking different from each other. A real trees growth is just a math formula with a bit of random thrown in.

3. Offline

Indiv0

@batlham
    You know, that sounds like a fun idea for a plugin, I might just do that once I have this at a stable version.

4. Offline

Adondriel

^ i want this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.