[FUN] MobArena v0.96.8 - Become a mob-fighting gladiator! [1.7.x, 1.8.x]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by garbagemule, May 30, 2011.

1. Offline

garbagemule

[​IMG]

MobArena - Become a mob-fighting gladiator!
    [​IMG] Latest build: v0.96.7 (1.7.x)
    [​IMG] Wiki
    [​IMG] IRC Channel
    [​IMG] Source

BukkitDev Project Page - Find MobArena on dev.bukkit.org here: LINK.

------------------------------

Old description (open)
    If you enjoy fighting monsters for glorious prizes or just the sheer thrill of battle, you and your friends can now join forces against hordes of Minecraft evils in the exciting gladiator-style survival mini-game MobArena!

Heavily inspired by Deminetix' Fight-plugin, MobArena is a PvE-take on arena-gameplay, with a similar class-based system. Instead of fighting other players, you team up with them to beat oncoming waves of monsters, earning rewards in the process. MobArena can be played alone, or with as many friends as you like!

Features:
    • Fight oncoming waves of monsters
    • Play alone or team up with friends
    • Earn glorious prizes
    • Customizable classes, rewards and waves
    • Easy to set up
    • Extremely easy to use
    • Very few user commands
    • Supports Permissions and all major economies
    • Supports Spout
    • Supports Heroes
    Note: When you post a bug report, please provide a stacktrace/error from the server log/console window. Post this stacktrace in either a pastebin, a pastie, or a CODE-block! The same applies for config-files, permissions-files, etc! Please don't put them directly in your posts, as they become gigantic and annoying to read. If you don't follow this guideline, I might ignore your post!

Wiki - Instructions, commands, FAQ, etc.
    I have set up a Wiki for MobArena. It contains a bunch of information and guides on how to set up and customize arenas, an overview of all the commands, how to set up Permissions, as well as frequently asked questions.

New: MobArena now has its own IRC channel (#mobarena @ EsperNet). Click here for a web-based IRC client. Feel free to stop by to get help setting everything up if you really don't understand the Wiki and the instructional video, or to have a chat about MobArena (or anything else, for that matter) :)

Relevant links:
    Videos:
    Getting started with MobArena, by Flamers
    Flamers made this really easy-to-follow, simple video of how to get started with MobArena. It covers installing the plugin, defining an arena region and setting up basic leaderboards, as well as a few pointers for arena design.
    Old instructional video (open)
    Instructional video for setting up MobArena:

Note: This video was made for v0.67, but all the in-game instructions still work the same for the latest versions. The config-file has changed, so make sure to read the Wiki on how to set it up.
    More Videos (open)
    Review of MobArena by plugin reviewer jamescosten (v0.84):

Note: My nickname "garbagemule" is pronounced "garbage mule", as in "trash donkey" ;)

Hilarious showcase of MobArena by Daniel James and Daniel Cherry (v0.92.3):

Delios showing off his beautiful arena setup:

slowmonkey1227 in his interesting "island" arena: YouTube
    French video by avalondrey (v0.87.3): YouTube
    German video by blutherz and his friends (v0.91.2): YouTube

Troubleshooting:
    To avoid wasting not only your own time, but mine as well, I expect everyone to do some extensive troubleshooting before posting bug reports. What does this mean?

Try MobArena on a fresh server.
    MobArena works perfectly fine when I release it. Sure, there are a few bugs, but it works. If it doesn't work for you, something is most likely wrong on your end. Set up a local test-server, and verify that MobArena works before claiming that it doesn't. When you have verified that MobArena does indeed work, you can start adding other plugins and settings until something conflicts.

Disable other plugins.
    The first thing you need to do is disable all other plugins. If you can't reproduce the bug with other plugins disabled, you know that you have a conflicting plugin. Now perform a binary search on the other plugins, or if you don't know how to do that, just add a couple of plugins back to the plugins-folder, try to reproduce the bug, and if you can't, the conflicting plugin must be in the remaining set of plugins.

Write down reproduction steps.
    Figure out the exact steps to reproduce/trigger the bug. I need precise steps, and as much information as possible, because there are often many things that could be going on. An example of reproduction steps could be:
    1. Type /ma join
    2. Punch the Archer class sign
    3. Wait for someone else to join
    4. Punch the iron block
    5. Type /ma leave before the other player picks a class

Check the console window/server.log
    Make sure you check the server.log file for any MobArena errors or exceptions. If you find any, copy the ENTIRE exception (including all the lines that say "at com.garbagemule.MobArena...") and paste it (with the other information) in a CODE-tag here in the thread.

Donations:
    I develop MobArena for the fun of it and the positive feedback is all it takes to make me happy, but a few people have asked for a link, so if you're one of them, here's a link: Donate - You can donate as much as you want, even down to a few cents! If I get enough donations, I will spend the money on an extra Minecraft account to aid me in developing/testing/debugging MobArena :)

Changelog:

Version 0.94.3.24
    • Updated for CB 1337.
    • The repair-delay node is now unused! The reason for this is that it is now possible (with the release of 1317) to cancel block damage in explosions, and still retain the animation and sound! This also means that arenas should be fully pistons-compatible (for arenas that don't use soft-restore or force-restore)! I'm hoping to see some screenshots and videos of shifting arenas! :)
    • You can now right-click signs in the lobby! I finally found a super easy solution to the improperly updating inventory issue with right-clicking class signs. The result is that players can now left- or right-click as they please. This should solve all issues related to players not being able to choose classes, due to spawn region and WorldGuard/Factions/whatever conflicts.
    • It is no longer possible to warp out of the lobby.
    • New per-arena setting: final-wave - Allows for setting a final wave, meaning on that wave, the arena will end, regardless of how many players are alive.
    Version 0.94.3.11 (open)

• v0.94.3.11 - Updated Register, built against CB 1240.
    • v0.94.3.8 - Added basic leaderboards.
    • v0.94.3.6 - Fixed MagicSpells support - MobArena no longer supports MagicSpells pre-v1.1!
    • v0.94.3.5 - Fixed a bunch of bugs introduced with CB 1185, as well as a couple of minor MobArena bugs.
    • Updated for CraftBukkit #1185
    • Updated economy support (now supports iConomy 6).
    • Added the three new mob types, Enderman/Endermen, CaveSpider/CaveSpiders, Silverfish. They can be used just like the other mob types in the waves.
    • Endermen cannot pick up arena blocks (this is why).
    • Endermen cannot place blocks in arena regions.
    • The per-class permission syntax has been fixed and changed slightly. The Wiki has been updated (clicky).
    • Fixed MagicSpells issues.
    Version 0.94.2 (open)

• Redstone circuits now work properly in arenas.
    • Lightning now properly strikes on spawnpoints on special waves.
    • Fixed an issue where players somehow warping/cheating out of the arena world get kicked from the server when discovered.
    • Added MagicSpells support. Use the magicspells.yml file to ban certain spells from the arena either for the whole session, or only during boss waves.
    • Fixed the Heroes death conflict. MobArena and Heroes should now play nice together. Further Heroes support is planned for upcoming releases.
    • [COLOR=#1000000]MobArena will no longer support the discontinued Permissions 2.x and 3.x permission systems.[/COLOR] Recommended permissions systems include PermissionsBukkit (defacto standard) or PermissionsEX.
    Version 0.94.1 (open)

• Added two new boss abilities: 'shuffle-positions' and 'flood'. Try them out!
    • Players disconnecting/crashing during an arena session no longer get corrupted data files due to economy rewards.
    • Weapon durability is now correctly set to "unlimited".
    • Item sub-types (cocoa beans, bonemeal, colored wool, etc.) now work again.
    • Players can no longer join the arena without first picking a class.
    • MobArena now works with spawn-monsters=false again.
    Version 0.94 (open)

• Completely revamped the waves system! Undeniably the biggest feature in MobArena since multiple arenas in v0.92, the new customizable waves are guaranteed to bring much more awesomeness to your MobArenas. The waves system brings two new wave types, swarm waves and boss waves. The latter is a very elaborate feature, and the whole waves system has been given its own page on the Wiki. Note: MobArena will ignore all old wave settings, but use sane defaults.
    • Revamped the logging system. Instead of logging: true, you can now use logging: yml/xml. The logging system will now keep track of the last session only, but also maintain a collection of 'totals' for each arena. The idea behind these easy-to-parse files is making the stats available on server web pages.
    • Added SuperPerms/PermissionsBukkit support. Note that specifying mobarena.arenas.* and mobarena.classes.* probably won't work, but these nodes are given to everyone by default.
    • Added Spout support. Currently, the only Spouty thing MobArena does is print (some) announcements as notifications/achievements. This should limit the amount of "chat spam" that MobArena produces. Other Spout-features are planned, but don't expect something crazy. Note that MobArena does NOT require Spout!
    • Monsters will no longer target pet wolves. This is a major nerf to pet classes, but they were very overpowered as it was.
    • Fixed item amounts greater than 64 sometimes bugging out. You should now be able to put arrow:1024 for your Archer classes :)
    • Fixed players losing their stored items and/or earned rewards upon disconnecting from the arena.
    • Fixed blocks not restoring when burned by fire.
    • Fixed an issue with entry fees. They should no longer cause any problems.
    • Fixed slimes. That's right! Slimes that spawn as a result of bigger slimes splitting upon death are now considered arena monsters. This also means that Slimes no longer drop slime balls; as intended.
    • Revamped the repairing algorithm. It is now MUCH more sophisticated, and is capable of repairing not only signs and containers, but also torches, doors and beds. Redstone -should- repair properly as well, but it is still slightly buggy.
    • Added support for restorable containers. Registered chests, dispensers, and furnaces will have their contents stored upon arena start, and restored at arena end. This is useful for providing the arena players with chests with e.g. upgrades or food.
    • Added new commands (for the feature above) - /ma addcontainer <name>, /ma delcontainer <name>, /ma containers. These commands work much like the the spawnpoint commands. To add a container, simply look at the container and type /ma addcontainer <name>.
    Changelog (continued)

apes, chakyl, Steffion and 64 others like this.
  2. Offline

Calamitatis

WOW, this plugin is amazingly fun, the people on my server love it, cant wait till the next update when score is added, Thank you so much

3. Offline

darkwarriors

Code:
    12:31:06 [WARNING] Task of 'MobArena' generated an exception
    java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
            at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:806)
            at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(HashMap.java:841)
            at com.garbagemule.MobArena.Arena$2.run(Arena.java:880)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:438)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

.4 mobarena version. cb1000

thanks for update and thaks fot added min player, my players love your plugins

4. Offline

wouter0100

I have a Arrow Bug.
    When i come in the arena and i choose an class its ok.
    Then we starter, play..
    Then i go die.
    And the game is end.
    I go ingame (/ma j)
    choos a class and i have 16 arrows!?!?!
    Config:
    Code:
    # MobArena Configuration-file
    # Please go to https://github.com/garbagemule/MobArena/wiki/Installing-MobArena for more details.
    global-settings:
        update-notification: true
        enabled: false
        allowed-commands: /list, /pl, /time, /weather
    classes:
        Chef:
            items: stone_sword, bread:6, grilled_pork:4, mushroom_soup, cake:3, cookie:12
            armor: 314,315,316,317
        VIP:
            items: diamond_sword, bread:64, grilled_pork:64, mushroom_soup, cake:64, cookie:64, bow, arrow:10000
            armor: 310,311,312,313
        Tank:
            items: iron_sword, grilled_pork:3, apple
        Knight:
            items: diamond_sword, grilled_pork:2
            armor: 306,307,308,309
        Archer:
            items: wood_sword, bow, arrow:10000, grilled_pork
            armor: 298,299,300,301
    arenas:
        default:
            settings:
                world: NLMineCraft
                enabled: true
                protect: true
                entry-fee: ''
                logging: false
                clear-wave-before-next: false
                detonate-creepers: false
                detonate-damage: false
                lightning: true
                auto-equip-armor: true
                force-restore: false
                soft-restore: false
                soft-restore-drops: false
                require-empty-inv-join: true
                require-empty-inv-spec: true
                hellhounds: false
                pvp-enabled: false
                monster-infight: false
                allow-teleporting: false
                spectate-on-death: true
                share-items-in-arena: true
                player-limit: 0
                max-join-distance: 0
                repair-delay: 5
                first-wave-delay: 5
                wave-interval: 20
                special-modulo: 4
                max-idle-time: 0
                min-players: 0
                max-players: 0
            waves:
                default:
                    spiders: 10
                    creepers: 10
                    skeletons: 10
                    wolves: 10
                    zombies: 10
                special:
                    ghasts: 0
                    zombie-pigmen: 10
                    slimes: 10
                    powered-creepers: 10
                    giants: 0
                    humans: 10
                    angry-wolves: 10
            rewards:
                waves:
                    after:
                        '3': $30
                        '5': $50
                        '7': $70
                        '10': $100
                        '13': $130
                        '16': $160
                        '18': $180
                        '21': $210
                        '30': $300
                    every:
                        '3': $30
            coords:
                p1: 185,0,-679,68.2492,49.49989
                p2: 221,108,-644,122.699234,21.149868
                lobby: 202,56,-663,2.100112,11.699962
                arena: 203,69,-659,180.29932,-1.2000632
                spectator: 203,69,-678,1.049404,-2.1000576
                spawnpoints:
                    s1: 208,68,-667,46.79927,-15.900037
                    s2: 198,68,-667,-41.700756,1.3499438

and then when i reload my config
    the arrows are back?

5. Offline

Flamers

6. Offline

shell64

can you deactivate the god mode by entering in the arena?
    because a large user of my server have god mode on, and when they enter in the arena, they can't die.

7. Offline

wouter0100

thanks, i hope its fixed now.
    and can you make that an Op all commands can use ingame?

8. Offline

Flamers

@shell64 first off whats with the human centipede picture, I'm pretty sure there are some decency rules that forbid that kind of thing... and second that wouldn't be easy as different plugins use different ways to do it AFAIK

9. Offline

garbagemule

@morizuki - Bummer, I'll have to look more into it. I could've sworn it worked for me...

@keysix - First question: Already implemented. Read the Permissions-page on the Wiki. Second question: Not gonna happen, sorry.

@columb - I can't block ships from entering the arena, no. If MoveCraft doesn't allow ships to move if they hit other blocks, that's your solution. Do you really want MobArena to be bloaty, jerky and laggy (like War, for instance), just because you didn't want to put your arena in a glass dome? :) Your max idle time report doesn't help me. I need stacktraces - I've told you this before :( darkwarriors seems to have the same bug as you, but he posted the stacktrace and I immediately found the issue.

@Flamers - I don't believe in luck. I believe in awesome! Jokes aside, the spectator bug should definitely be completely gone now :)

@Calamitatis - Thank -you- for using it :) Hopefully I can weed out all these bugs and get the scoreboard feature implemented soon.

@darkwarriors - Luckily, the stacktrace was enough to let me know exactly what was going on, but in the future, please try to remember to explain what happened right before and right after the exception. Until I push the next bugfix, don't use the max-idle-time feature :)

@shell64 - No, I can't do that. 'Godmode' is a made-up term that does not actually have a 'player state' associated with it. Thus, depending on what kind of plugin you use, I would have to somehow override it and hook into it to try to undermine it. Instead, I can add an extra check or two in the damage listener in MobArena, and it MIGHT work. Can you please tell me which plugin you use for Godmode, and link me to its thread or source code so I can examine it? :)

10. Offline

Poe

Awesome! Most fun in minecraft in months! You should talk to the creator of the mystery box plugin and make a points system in the mobarena to use with the mystery box :)

11. Offline

Flamers

@garbagemule then I have another bug for you <3 We had 3 players playing, I died first (feel of a platform into a pit of creepers (Y)) When I went back to the spec point I had all the items I had in the arena but when I dropped an item in dropped the item I had previously. I will try and reproduce it at some point.

Meanwhile here is the config file:

Code:
    # MobArena Configuration-file
    # Please go to https://github.com/garbagemule/MobArena/wiki/Installing-MobArena for more details.
    global-settings:
        update-notification: true
        allowed-commands: /list, /pl
    classes:
        Oddjob:
            items: stone_sword, netherrack:2, wood_pickaxe, fishing_rod, apple:2, grilled_pork:2, 259
        Chef:
            items: stone_sword, bread:6, grilled_pork:4, mushroom_soup, cake:3, cookie:12
            armor: 314,315,316,317
        Pyro:
            items: wood_sword, apple:2, grilled_pork:2, 327, 327, 327
        Tank:
            items: iron_sword, grilled_pork:2
        Knight:
            items: diamond_sword, grilled_pork
            armor: 306,307,308,309
        Demolition:
            items: 272, 46:20, grilled_pork:2, 70:20
        WaterGod:
            items: stone_sword, apple:2, grilled_pork:2, 326, 326, 326, 326
        Archer:
            items: wood_sword, bow, arrow:64, arrow:64, arrow:64, arrow:64, arrow:64, grilled_pork
        Wolf Master:
            items: stone_sword, grilled_pork, bone:3
        Builder:
            items: sand:10, gravel:10, wood_sword, cookie:8
            armour: 298,299,300,301
    arenas:
        default:
            settings:
                world: world
                clear-wave-before-next: false
                soft-restore: false
                require-empty-inv-join: false
                require-empty-inv-spec: false
                hellhounds: true
                monster-infight: true
                special-modulo: 5
                max-idle-time: 60
                entry-fee: $1000
                min-players: 0
                max-players: 2
            coords:
                lobby: -182,61,-9,88.20002,6.600002
                arena: -195,67,-4,177.82309,18.749949
                p2: -168,107,19,242.74966,18.750067
                p1: -224,47,-25,47.749653,71.70005
                spectator: -201,88,-1,0.0,0.0
                spawnpoints:
                    s2: -186,67,1,125.39981,8.099986
                    s1: -207,67,2,237.29999,7.949985
                    s16: -204,67,6,-154.72876,9.449978
                    s17: -207,67,-18,-29.478027,4.949992
                    s18: -184,67,9,-203.02954,13.649991
                    s19: -174,67,-8,-291.38098,12.749982
                    s9: -184,67,-16,-347.02655,7.0499616
                    s12: -187,67,8,-215.62695,-1.0500401
                    s13: -175,67,-4,-277.72705,9.149964
                    s14: -205,67,-17,-21.077148,10.799966
                    s7: -196,67,5,-182.32605,9.299959
                    s15: -213,67,3,-119.32764,13.499979
                    s8: -182,67,-3,-275.1765,5.0999646
                    s5: -196,67,-14,-359.6261,10.049969
                    s6: -209,67,-3,-91.27591,1.4999595
                    s3: -187,67,-8,54.89984,8.2499895
                    s10: -208,67,-16,-35.926636,7.799963
                    s20: -191,67,-3,-273.22998,8.849989
                    s4: -206,67,-7,305.10013,14.399989
                    s11: -200,67,12,-180.82697,2.6999578
            waves:
                default:
                    creepers: 10
                special:
                    ghasts: 4
                    zombie-pigmen: 8
                    slimes: 10
                    powered-creepers: 8
                    giants: 4
                    humans: 8
                    angry-wolves: 0
            rewards:
                waves:
                    after:
                        '99': $1
                    every:
                        '1': $100
                        '5': $200
        team:
            settings:
                world: world
                entry-fee: '$2500'
                clear-wave-before-next: true
                soft-restore: true
                require-empty-inv-join: false
                require-empty-inv-spec: false
                hellhounds: false
                monster-infight: false
                special-modulo: 4
                max-idle-time: 0
                min-players: 2
                max-players: 0
            waves:
                default:
                    creepers: 8
                special:
                    ghasts: 0
                    zombie-pigmen: 10
                    slimes: 5
                    powered-creepers: 10
                    giants: 5
                    humans: 10
                    angry-wolves: 8
            rewards:
                waves:
                    after:
                        '99': $1
                    every:
                        '1': $200
                        '5': $500
            coords:
                p1: -218,60,-140,148.99974,47.100067
                p2: -172,114,-60,-44.050266,61.94999
                arena: -194,71,-104,-183.40027,19.799995
                lobby: -196,101,-123,-95.35028,15.599979
                spectator: -196,101,-82,-92.6503,85.950005
                spawnpoints:
                    s1: -214,74,-66,-120.85033,18.74999
                    s2: -210,74,-64,-136.6003,18.299992
                    s3: -206,72,-66,243.79968,24.899998
                    s4: -213,70,-80,220.2497,10.199993
                    s5: -191,70,-75,258.1999,44.099983
                    s6: -180,70,-76,97.69987,19.34999
                    s7: -174,74,-64,119.89988,30.149996
                    s8: -187,70,-63,161.74988,10.79999
                    s9: -200,70,-68,127.09987,17.099989
                    s10: -195,70,-87,139.84987,24.59999
                    s11: -205,70,-97,-113.35007,20.100006
                    s12: -209,70,-91,-152.9502,16.35
                    s13: -205,70,-87,-112.000206,17.550007
                    s14: -214,70,-95,-159.10023,20.550009
                    s15: -210,70,-104,1.9996996,24.15001
                    s16: -199,70,-95,-125.050316,21.30001
                    s17: -187,70,-96,-226.90031,24.00001
                    s18: -181,70,-94,-195.25049,17.55001
                    s19: -184,70,-88,-189.55022,25.500015
                    s20: -177,70,-86,-172.75012,18.45002
                    s21: -179,70,-100,-170.95042,27.600021
                    s22: -177,70,-106,-239.80032,31.950006
                    s23: -179,70,-112,-269.5003,28.800007
                    s24: -179,70,-122,-297.25046,3.7499952
                    s25: -180,70,-133,-302.65045,-2.400005
                    s26: -191,71,-119,-302.05072,20.099998
                    s27: -198,72,-124,-323.20068,17.999998
                    s28: -199,73,-128,-95.95069,19.950005
                    s29: -190,73,-127,20.8993,31.350008
                    s30: -189,74,-131,16.099276,33.6
                    s31: -196,74,-132,10.699291,27.150002
                    s32: -198,76,-137,-327.40063,23.25
                    s33: -194,76,-138,-16.000671,43.50001
                    s34: -189,76,-136,-342.10068,36.750015
                    s35: -214,70,-134,-32.950592,3.4500093
                    s36: -205,70,-124,3.799212,16.50001
                    s37: -203,73,-102,-98.65076,49.949993
                    s38: -210,78,-101,-50.500732,34.199997
                    s39: -215,78,-97,-140.05078,32.999992
                    s40: -215,78,-107,-71.95076,31.949991

And yes 40 spawn points are needed :p

12. Offline

Hamad

I love this plugin, everybody loves it, they always quit thier job and head to mob arena instead..
    btw, I want to request something that makes the plugin more better:
    1) Anti Camping, But I don't see some players camping, only ops :D...
    2) Top Ten Players (I think thats the scoreboard on your todo list)
    3) When Joining, Inventory are stored automaticly, if the player earned alot of prizes and his inventory will be full when he leaves, I don't know what to do about it, since thieves are lockpicking Public arena chest :D.
    4)Number of mobs killed during battle, at the end, 1st, 2nd and 3rd gladiator rank will be shown.
    And Thanks For Creating This Awesome Plugin,
    Hamad.

13. Offline

shell64

thanks for the reply.

i use essentials 2.5 for the /god command http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ge...n-of-useful-commands-and-features-1000.15312/

source code : http://tiny.cc/EssentialsSource

14. Offline

mahari3

OUCH! that stung. hmmmm... not sure if you mean EVERYTHING to do with my permissions(i.e. groups.yml & users.yml) or just the apermissions.jar.

15. Offline

Flamers

@Hamad you could use the clear the whole wave before the next one to stop camping? Or add more spawns?

16. Offline

ACStache

just the jar file, don't delete your groups and users files.

17. Offline

morizuki

well i tried over and over without plugins XD

18. Offline

mahari3

ok thanks

19. Offline

garbagemule

@Poe - Glad to hear you're having more fun in Minecraft with MobArena! :) I don't want to add special systems that rely on certain plugins, as it leaves everyone who doesn't use the plugin out in the cold. Instead, I will provide easy-to-read-and-parse logs of stuff, such that it will be very easy to use the MobArena stats with other plugins, if need be.

@Flamers - Aww :( Agnate and I are restructuring a lot of the code right now, and will be testing it out a bit later, so I'm probably not gonna look for the bug just yet. Lol at the amount of spawnpoints :D I love it!

@Hamad - Glad you're liking MobArena! 1) Already implemented. Read the Wiki :) 2) You're correct :) 3) Again, I must ask you to read the Wiki. There is a setting that disables the inventory storing so players need empty inventories to join. 4) Will be implemented with scoreboards.

@shell64 - Thanks for the links :) It turns out Essentials' damage event listener is on lowest priority, which means I should be able to un-cancel the damage event cancelled by the godmode. I'll include the checks/uncancelling in the next dev build I push, so you can test it, alright? :)

@mahari3 - I didn't mean for it to sting! But the exception says that you don't have the Permissions class in the jar file, so either you're using an old version of Permissions, or something else is completely messed up. None of it has to do with your Permissions settings, as ACStache says; back up those :)

20. Offline

mahari3

lol, and btw i deleted the permissions.jar and downloaded: permissionsEx (so much more flexable than yeti) and now i only have ONE error ONLY ONE! omg dude i love ya(and no not in the gay way lol). it fixed sooooo much! the error is with residence so ill take it up with them. thanks sooo much

ACStache and garbagemule like this.
  21. Offline

Flamers

@garbagemule I'm sorry :p I think I need more tbh, the area it's in is huge :D

Also we need cake respawning please? :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Offline

mahari3

can someone give me a like to a flying plugin? cause these dont work for me at all:
    easyflight v0.5, flight v2.5, superpowers, ibeleiveicanfly.
    @garbagemule-mobarena is A W E S O M E

ha, your making a lot of updates real quick. do you get any sleep?:D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  23. Offline

shell64

Yes i can test, no problemo. thanks!

24. Garbage, due to a bug in an earlier version of MA, we now have somewhat of an issue. At some point, people were able to leave the Arena with some of the weapons/tools that are somehow indestructible.

Could you either:
    - Add some config flag, if enable, it destroys any indestructible tool used outside of Arena.
    - Tell us how these tools are made indestructible, then I could get one of our Devs to write a plugin to clean them perhaps :/

Thanks!

25. Offline

garbagemule

@Flamers - Nice arena! Very... Blue :p

@mahari3 - I had 3,5 hours of sleep last night, then 8 hours of back-breaking physical work. It's now 8 PM, and I doubt I'll get more than 5 hours of sleep tonight, to be honest >.< What can I say? I just really want this plugin to be bug-free D:

@shell64 @thestriker095 - Here's a test build you guys can try. It fixes the player health issue, and (hopefully) the godmode issue.

@Joy - It's not easy to locate these items. Their durability is set to -32768, which obviously increases every time the item is used. However, I sincerely doubt that any of your players play so much that they'd be able to have reached a durability higher than -2000, which means if you (for a while) run a plugin that checks players' inventory upon joining the server, and removing any items with a durability lower than -2000, you should be able to weed it out. Have the plugin check the inventory of opened chests as well. Should be doable. Sorry for the mess :(

thestriker095 likes this.
  26. Offline

Flamers

@garbagemule it was lava before but that could be exploited :(

27. Offline

Ratchet

is there anywhere I can get 93.3 or 93.2? one of the latest updates is making mobs not spawn properly in my arenas, haven't changed anything else on the server except updated mobarena

28. Offline

shell64

Damage works with god-mode, this is perfect ! Thanks for the rapidity :p

29. Offline

mahari3

im having problems with the mobarena permissions, it will let me do all the setup commands but i cant use
    /ma join default
    why would that be? it did this without me even setting up permissions...

30. Offline

garbagemule

@Ratchet - You can dig through the history of the MobArena.jar file on github if you want. Did you properly stop the server, overwrite the jar, and then start the server back up? If not, that could very well be the problem.

@shell64 - Good to hear! Will keep the un-cancelling in there then :)

@mahari3 - Read the Permissions-page on the Wiki :)

31. Offline

Ratchet

yes it has been restarted multiple times since updating