[FUN] MobArena v0.96.8 - Become a mob-fighting gladiator! [1.7.x, 1.8.x]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by garbagemule, May 30, 2011.

1. Offline

garbagemule

[​IMG]

MobArena - Become a mob-fighting gladiator!
    [​IMG] Latest build: v0.96.7 (1.7.x)
    [​IMG] Wiki
    [​IMG] IRC Channel
    [​IMG] Source

BukkitDev Project Page - Find MobArena on dev.bukkit.org here: LINK.

------------------------------

Old description (open)
    If you enjoy fighting monsters for glorious prizes or just the sheer thrill of battle, you and your friends can now join forces against hordes of Minecraft evils in the exciting gladiator-style survival mini-game MobArena!

Heavily inspired by Deminetix' Fight-plugin, MobArena is a PvE-take on arena-gameplay, with a similar class-based system. Instead of fighting other players, you team up with them to beat oncoming waves of monsters, earning rewards in the process. MobArena can be played alone, or with as many friends as you like!

Features:
    • Fight oncoming waves of monsters
    • Play alone or team up with friends
    • Earn glorious prizes
    • Customizable classes, rewards and waves
    • Easy to set up
    • Extremely easy to use
    • Very few user commands
    • Supports Permissions and all major economies
    • Supports Spout
    • Supports Heroes
    Note: When you post a bug report, please provide a stacktrace/error from the server log/console window. Post this stacktrace in either a pastebin, a pastie, or a CODE-block! The same applies for config-files, permissions-files, etc! Please don't put them directly in your posts, as they become gigantic and annoying to read. If you don't follow this guideline, I might ignore your post!

Wiki - Instructions, commands, FAQ, etc.
    I have set up a Wiki for MobArena. It contains a bunch of information and guides on how to set up and customize arenas, an overview of all the commands, how to set up Permissions, as well as frequently asked questions.

New: MobArena now has its own IRC channel (#mobarena @ EsperNet). Click here for a web-based IRC client. Feel free to stop by to get help setting everything up if you really don't understand the Wiki and the instructional video, or to have a chat about MobArena (or anything else, for that matter) :)

Relevant links:
    Videos:
    Getting started with MobArena, by Flamers
    Flamers made this really easy-to-follow, simple video of how to get started with MobArena. It covers installing the plugin, defining an arena region and setting up basic leaderboards, as well as a few pointers for arena design.
    Old instructional video (open)
    Instructional video for setting up MobArena:

Note: This video was made for v0.67, but all the in-game instructions still work the same for the latest versions. The config-file has changed, so make sure to read the Wiki on how to set it up.
    More Videos (open)
    Review of MobArena by plugin reviewer jamescosten (v0.84):

Note: My nickname "garbagemule" is pronounced "garbage mule", as in "trash donkey" ;)

Hilarious showcase of MobArena by Daniel James and Daniel Cherry (v0.92.3):

Delios showing off his beautiful arena setup:

slowmonkey1227 in his interesting "island" arena: YouTube
    French video by avalondrey (v0.87.3): YouTube
    German video by blutherz and his friends (v0.91.2): YouTube

Troubleshooting:
    To avoid wasting not only your own time, but mine as well, I expect everyone to do some extensive troubleshooting before posting bug reports. What does this mean?

Try MobArena on a fresh server.
    MobArena works perfectly fine when I release it. Sure, there are a few bugs, but it works. If it doesn't work for you, something is most likely wrong on your end. Set up a local test-server, and verify that MobArena works before claiming that it doesn't. When you have verified that MobArena does indeed work, you can start adding other plugins and settings until something conflicts.

Disable other plugins.
    The first thing you need to do is disable all other plugins. If you can't reproduce the bug with other plugins disabled, you know that you have a conflicting plugin. Now perform a binary search on the other plugins, or if you don't know how to do that, just add a couple of plugins back to the plugins-folder, try to reproduce the bug, and if you can't, the conflicting plugin must be in the remaining set of plugins.

Write down reproduction steps.
    Figure out the exact steps to reproduce/trigger the bug. I need precise steps, and as much information as possible, because there are often many things that could be going on. An example of reproduction steps could be:
    1. Type /ma join
    2. Punch the Archer class sign
    3. Wait for someone else to join
    4. Punch the iron block
    5. Type /ma leave before the other player picks a class

Check the console window/server.log
    Make sure you check the server.log file for any MobArena errors or exceptions. If you find any, copy the ENTIRE exception (including all the lines that say "at com.garbagemule.MobArena...") and paste it (with the other information) in a CODE-tag here in the thread.

Donations:
    I develop MobArena for the fun of it and the positive feedback is all it takes to make me happy, but a few people have asked for a link, so if you're one of them, here's a link: Donate - You can donate as much as you want, even down to a few cents! If I get enough donations, I will spend the money on an extra Minecraft account to aid me in developing/testing/debugging MobArena :)

Changelog:

Version 0.94.3.24
    • Updated for CB 1337.
    • The repair-delay node is now unused! The reason for this is that it is now possible (with the release of 1317) to cancel block damage in explosions, and still retain the animation and sound! This also means that arenas should be fully pistons-compatible (for arenas that don't use soft-restore or force-restore)! I'm hoping to see some screenshots and videos of shifting arenas! :)
    • You can now right-click signs in the lobby! I finally found a super easy solution to the improperly updating inventory issue with right-clicking class signs. The result is that players can now left- or right-click as they please. This should solve all issues related to players not being able to choose classes, due to spawn region and WorldGuard/Factions/whatever conflicts.
    • It is no longer possible to warp out of the lobby.
    • New per-arena setting: final-wave - Allows for setting a final wave, meaning on that wave, the arena will end, regardless of how many players are alive.
    Version 0.94.3.11 (open)

• v0.94.3.11 - Updated Register, built against CB 1240.
    • v0.94.3.8 - Added basic leaderboards.
    • v0.94.3.6 - Fixed MagicSpells support - MobArena no longer supports MagicSpells pre-v1.1!
    • v0.94.3.5 - Fixed a bunch of bugs introduced with CB 1185, as well as a couple of minor MobArena bugs.
    • Updated for CraftBukkit #1185
    • Updated economy support (now supports iConomy 6).
    • Added the three new mob types, Enderman/Endermen, CaveSpider/CaveSpiders, Silverfish. They can be used just like the other mob types in the waves.
    • Endermen cannot pick up arena blocks (this is why).
    • Endermen cannot place blocks in arena regions.
    • The per-class permission syntax has been fixed and changed slightly. The Wiki has been updated (clicky).
    • Fixed MagicSpells issues.
    Version 0.94.2 (open)

• Redstone circuits now work properly in arenas.
    • Lightning now properly strikes on spawnpoints on special waves.
    • Fixed an issue where players somehow warping/cheating out of the arena world get kicked from the server when discovered.
    • Added MagicSpells support. Use the magicspells.yml file to ban certain spells from the arena either for the whole session, or only during boss waves.
    • Fixed the Heroes death conflict. MobArena and Heroes should now play nice together. Further Heroes support is planned for upcoming releases.
    • [COLOR=#1000000]MobArena will no longer support the discontinued Permissions 2.x and 3.x permission systems.[/COLOR] Recommended permissions systems include PermissionsBukkit (defacto standard) or PermissionsEX.
    Version 0.94.1 (open)

• Added two new boss abilities: 'shuffle-positions' and 'flood'. Try them out!
    • Players disconnecting/crashing during an arena session no longer get corrupted data files due to economy rewards.
    • Weapon durability is now correctly set to "unlimited".
    • Item sub-types (cocoa beans, bonemeal, colored wool, etc.) now work again.
    • Players can no longer join the arena without first picking a class.
    • MobArena now works with spawn-monsters=false again.
    Version 0.94 (open)

• Completely revamped the waves system! Undeniably the biggest feature in MobArena since multiple arenas in v0.92, the new customizable waves are guaranteed to bring much more awesomeness to your MobArenas. The waves system brings two new wave types, swarm waves and boss waves. The latter is a very elaborate feature, and the whole waves system has been given its own page on the Wiki. Note: MobArena will ignore all old wave settings, but use sane defaults.
    • Revamped the logging system. Instead of logging: true, you can now use logging: yml/xml. The logging system will now keep track of the last session only, but also maintain a collection of 'totals' for each arena. The idea behind these easy-to-parse files is making the stats available on server web pages.
    • Added SuperPerms/PermissionsBukkit support. Note that specifying mobarena.arenas.* and mobarena.classes.* probably won't work, but these nodes are given to everyone by default.
    • Added Spout support. Currently, the only Spouty thing MobArena does is print (some) announcements as notifications/achievements. This should limit the amount of "chat spam" that MobArena produces. Other Spout-features are planned, but don't expect something crazy. Note that MobArena does NOT require Spout!
    • Monsters will no longer target pet wolves. This is a major nerf to pet classes, but they were very overpowered as it was.
    • Fixed item amounts greater than 64 sometimes bugging out. You should now be able to put arrow:1024 for your Archer classes :)
    • Fixed players losing their stored items and/or earned rewards upon disconnecting from the arena.
    • Fixed blocks not restoring when burned by fire.
    • Fixed an issue with entry fees. They should no longer cause any problems.
    • Fixed slimes. That's right! Slimes that spawn as a result of bigger slimes splitting upon death are now considered arena monsters. This also means that Slimes no longer drop slime balls; as intended.
    • Revamped the repairing algorithm. It is now MUCH more sophisticated, and is capable of repairing not only signs and containers, but also torches, doors and beds. Redstone -should- repair properly as well, but it is still slightly buggy.
    • Added support for restorable containers. Registered chests, dispensers, and furnaces will have their contents stored upon arena start, and restored at arena end. This is useful for providing the arena players with chests with e.g. upgrades or food.
    • Added new commands (for the feature above) - /ma addcontainer <name>, /ma delcontainer <name>, /ma containers. These commands work much like the the spawnpoint commands. To add a container, simply look at the container and type /ma addcontainer <name>.
    Changelog (continued)

apes, chakyl, Steffion and 64 others like this.
  2. Offline

ACStache

Nothing, you need Vault now in order to make anything virtual economy related work.

3. Offline

DoJo_Master

4. Offline

MortesNoize

5. Offline

ryvix

6. Offline

scottymalloty

Yes I did and I noticed there was no pay to join option as there was in previous versions for me.

7. Offline

chickenuggets

getting error when creating class them whole plugin messed up

at com.garbagemule.MobArena.util.ItemParser.getData(ItemParser.java:196)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.util.ItemParser.withDataAndAmount(ItemParser.java:153)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.util.ItemParser.parseItem(ItemParser.java:125)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.util.ItemParser.parseItems(ItemParser.java:98)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.ArenaMasterImpl.loadClass(ArenaMasterImpl.java:306)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.ArenaMasterImpl.loadClasses(ArenaMasterImpl.java:277)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.ArenaMasterImpl.initialize(ArenaMasterImpl.java:233)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.MobArena.onEnable(MobArena.java:81)

8. Offline

ACStache

there's an option called "entry-fee:" for each arena, use that. also money works the same as it always has, $amount, whether it's in rewards or in the entry fee.

what's the beginning of the error? also I think it's similar to this ticket and why it messes up.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  9. Offline

chickenuggets

it only showed that, and btw when i installed it i didnt have chef class and theif class

10. Offline

shanko

Code:
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:422)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:187)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:358)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:371)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:238)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:256)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:381)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:336)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.MobArena.onEnable(MobArena.java:81)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.ArenaMasterImpl.initialize(ArenaMasterImpl.java:242)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.ArenaMasterImpl.loadArenas(ArenaMasterImpl.java:489)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.ArenaMasterImpl.loadArena(ArenaMasterImpl.java:519)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.ArenaImpl.<init>(ArenaImpl.java:174)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.log.YMLSessionBuilder.<init>(YMLSessionBuilder.java:28)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.log.YMLSessionBuilder.reset(YMLSessionBuilder.java:109)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.util.config.Config.set(Config.java:345)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.configuration.MemorySection.set(MemorySection.java:186)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.configuration.MemorySection.set(MemorySection.java:156)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO    at org.apache.commons.lang.Validate.notEmpty(Validate.java:363)
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] INFO java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot set to an empty path
    06.05 17:12:23 [Server] SEVERE Error occurred while enabling MobArena v0.94.4.65 (Is it up to date?)
    06.05 17:12:22 [Server] INFO [MobArena] Enabling MobArena v0.94.4.65
    with the latest beta

11. Offline

ACStache

12. Offline

jokerwi1d

When I click the iron block it doesnt start the game or ready up and i am the only one on the server please help.

13. Offline

MortesNoize

Permission?
    Forgot to Join the Arena?

The other People can fight ?

14. Offline

Mishrathium

Are you only able to have ONE leaderboard setup? I've tried putting up a few with no success
    v0.94.4.65 / cb 2149

15. Offline

Flamers

16. Offline

Gankachi

OK... I think I've got a problem. On our server, we wanted to have several different waves and bosses and all. This is the code I put:
    Show Spoiler

global-settings:
    enabled: true
    allowed-commands: /list, /pl
    update-notification: true
    classes:
    Chevalier:
    items: diamond_sword, potion:8197:3
    armor: 306,307,308,309
    Tank:
    items: iron_sword, potion:8229:2
    armor: 310,311,312,313
    Archer:
    items: wood_sword, bow, arrow:256, potion:8197:3, bone
    armor: 298,299,300,301
    Alchimiste:
    items: stone_sword, potion:16428:30, potion:16388:8, potion:16389:20, potion:8197:3, potion:8226:1
    armor: 314,315,316,317
    Saboteur:
    items: stone_sword, flint_and_steel, netherrack:2, tnt:4, potion:8197:3
    armor: 298,299,300,301
    arenas:
    1t:
    t1:
    mobarena:
    settings:
    world: Daedora
    enabled: true
    protect: true
    logging: true
    entry-fee: ''
    clear-wave-before-next: false
    clear-boss-before-next: true
    lightning: true
    auto-equip-armor: true
    soft-restore: false
    soft-restore-drops: false
    require-empty-inv-join: true
    require-empty-inv-spec: false
    hellhounds: false
    pvp-enabled: false
    monster-infight: false
    allow-teleporting: false
    spectate-on-death: true
    auto-respawn: true
    share-items-in-arena: true
    min-players: 3
    max-players: 24
    max-join-distance: 50
    first-wave-delay: 5
    wave-interval: 15
    final-wave: 100
    monster-limit: 100
    monster-exp: false
    keep-exp: true
    food-regen: false
    lock-food-level: true
    spout-class-select: false
    player-time-in-arena: world
    auto-ignite-tnt: false
    waves:
    recurrent:
    basic:
    type: default
    priority: 1
    frequency: 1
    monsters:
    zombies: 10
    skeletons: 10
    spiders: 10
    creepers: 10
    wolves: 10
    cow: 5
    pigs: 5
    special:
    type: special
    priority: 2
    frequency: 4
    monsters:
    powered-creepers: 10
    zombie-pigmen: 10
    angry-wolves: 10
    blazes: 10
    exploding-sheep: 10
    single:
    slime-swarm:
    type: swarm
    wave: 6
    monster: slime
    amount: low
    silverfish-swarm:
    wave: 9
    monster: silverfish
    amount: medium
    blaze-swarm:
    wave: 15
    monster: blaze
    amount: high
    cave_spider-boss:
    type: boss
    wave: 10
    monster: cave_spider
    health: high
    abilities: arrows, root-target, throw-nearby, shuffle-positions
    giant-boss:
    wave: 20
    monster: giant
    health: high
    abilities: fire-aura, fetch-target, fireball, flood, disorient-target
    final-boss:
    wave: 100
    monster: blaze
    health: psycho
    abilities: fire-aura, lightning-aura, living-bomb, chain-lightning, arrows, root-target, fetch-nearby, fetch-distant, warp-to-player, shuffle-positions, disorient-target
    ability-announce: false
    ability-interval: 2

rewards:
    waves:
    every:
    '3': feather, bone, stick
    '5': dirt:4, gravel:4, stone:4
    '10': iron_ingot:10, gold_ingot:8
    '30': diamond:10
    after:
    '7': minecart, storage_minecart, powered_minecart
    '13': iron_sword, iron_pickaxe, iron_spade
    '16': diamond_sword
    '100': diamond_block:50, diamond_sword:10, diamond_helmet, diamond_chestplate, diamond_leggings, diamond_boots, cookies:125, cake:20, mobspawner
    p2: -582,22,639,50.09961,-3.0000033
    p1: -655,7,588,227.99951,42.299995
    arena: -592,12,613,-266.70068,5.550023
    lobby: -588,12,612,-56.250618,18.000021
    spectator: -589,16,614,-260.10065,40.50002
    spawnpoints:
    s1: -607,12,596,-358.35062,5.7000194
    s2: -607,12,630,-183.60065,6.9000235
    s3: -624,12,613,-84.30066,5.4000254

(note that I collapsed for the arenas 1t and t1 because I didn't change them). I haven't got any kind of problems concerning the server, except that each time I put this config, it deletes the three arenas and only keep the 'default' arena. If someone already had this problem, I'm sorry to ask again, but what should I do?

17. Offline

Mime21

Hello, did you know your plugin does not work with MCMMO Plugin. I installed MOB ARENA onto my server with MCMMO and everything was completly messed up, is there any fix to this CONFLICT?

18. Offline

ACStache

describe "completely messed up" and we might be able to. beyond that, I run both plugins with no issues, so I have no idea what you're talking about. do you have any errors in your server.log?

19. Offline

essential

Hello, sorry for my language i m french, my player in my server like you'r Plugin ! its very good after i donate for you, but you can UpGrade you'r plugin for the version of craftbukkit 1.2.5 r1.3 .. :( thx

20. Offline

Viralcraftowner

Hi. The plugin is bugigng al little for me.
    TNT and Creepers in the mob arena can break blocks and even obsidian blocks. I have set worldguard so they cant but still creepers and tnt continue to break blocks in the mob arena. , and now i have to keep reparing it. Why is this and how do i fix it?
    Would REALLY appriciate it if someone could help me with this.

21. Offline

Walter1985

Check your config file if it says "protect: true". If its not, this might be the problem.
    Also you might recalibrate your arena points. As an example if the ground is not part of your arena setting, it can't be protected by the plugin.

But I also have my own bugs found. The problem of spawning monsters via monster eggs or building a Iron Golem in the arena should have been patched in an earlier version, but its still not. I tried it on two different servers with two different configs and plugins.

Moreover there seems to be a bug if the config says "spectate-on-death: true". People are very often still part of the arena after their death, even when the round has ended or a new round has started. They doesn't know that and so they equip a new inventory because they think that they have lost their inventory. The inventory is sometimes restored if we say them to type /ma leave, but sometimes this doesn't help or their new inventory is replaced by their old inventory whitch was saved when they joined the arena.
    A perfect solution might be giving everyone entering the arena building by command (/ma join, /ma spectate) or physically arena notifications, so that they can see the waves (even the spectators). If leaving the arena by command (/ma leave) or physically by leaving the building (the arena-zone covers my whole building, even the lobby and the spectate-area) the plugin should "/ma leave" those people automatically. That should solve the problem of the inventory restores, because if people type /home or things like that they physically move out of the arena. At this point their inventory should be restored.

I still have a few bugs left but I will tell you later about them (don't have time left now ;) ).

22. Offline

ACStache

Walter1985 The intent of MobArena and the inventory saving as it is now was designed for closed spectator areas, and arenas/spectator areas you couldn't walk into or out of freely, or teleport to/from. Also, making them "auto /ma leave" just seems silly. Since when was it a good idea to reward those who don't follow the directions? Perhaps there can simply be a spectator greeting message warning them that bad things will happen to their inventory if they don't "/ma leave" themselves

As for the Iron Golems/Spawning Eggs, there were no promises made that those would be allowed. Yes, it would be cool if they were, but as it stands now, that is a feature, not a bug. No mobs, besides what MobArena spawns, will spawn in the arena.

Viralcraftowner Obsidian should be able to withstand those explosions. You may have a plugin that increases the power of explosions or reduces the blast resistance of Obsidian. MobArena doesn't alter either one of those things. If a block is broken by an explosion, it should be replaced, if it's in the arena region. Do as Walter1985 suggested, and make sure the arena region covers a few blocks below the lowest part of the arena floor. Also, typically, WorldGuard doesn't play nice with MobArena if you overlap the regions.

What I want you to do is this: follow the Troubleshooting guide in the main post, and report back here what you find.

23. Offline

Walter1985

Thank you ACStache for your comment.
    Okay I can see what you are pointing at. It would be nice if there is such a warning function. I might solve the problem by disabling such teleport commands like /home by Worldguard and i will flag the mobarena worldguard zone with a farewell, that warns about leaving without typing /ma leave.

Oh and about the Iron Golems, snowmans and other mobs that might help in the arena by spawning them with eggs. It would be very lovely to switch it true or false. My only solution was to add supply waves like a ocelot wave. Players can now taim them to cats, which is very effective aggainst creepers. But there is a problem in this solution. Mobs like Iron Golems or Snowmans which are spawned by a wave (like a supply wave) doesn't make damage to enemys. They are trying to kill them but when they attack they doesn't do any damage. I think this is not really a "bug" because it seems to be another thing which was "not promised".

Comming to some other "bugs" I found. There seems to be no reset for redstone systems. If you as an example build a redstone system for a shooting dispenser (activated by a class that places repeaters) in edit mode, the system breaks. Its not really a problem caused by your plugin. You can even produce this ploblem by copy/paste redstone with world edit. A solution might be a function of autoreset redstone at the beginning of the round. A reset solution might be a sign (designed by your team) that just sends a impuls at every beginning of a round.
    But for those people who got the same problem, we found a solution. We use the plugin falsebook. With falsebook you can place a falsebook-sign that detects a special block in a special radius. If this sign succesfully detects the block of your choice, a redstone signal is send. So if you want a class that should be able to activate redstone systems (we call our class engineer ;) ) you just have to give this class the block of your choice that activates those systems. We gave our engineer some redstone torches (you can even use gravel, stone or whatever you want). If the engineer places them on a special place, the item detector of falsebook detects the torch and acitvates the dispenser. At the end of the round the torch is affected by the arena reset and as an result of that the dispenser stops shooting.

I also found a bug which I think someone else already posted because it is very obvious. But I didn't found this problem in the "issues" section, so I will post it maybe "again". There seems to be big problems with enderdragons. When using a enderdragon as a boss the first problem is his livebar. You first have to drain his mobarena health (low, medium, high, psycho). After that you can drain his livebar. And when he is finally done, he destroys the arena. He creates his portal by making a big hole in the arena ground. The hole is very deep and at the end of the hole is his portal. If players jumps into this portal, they are kicked by mobarena because they tried to travel to another world. After the round is finished, the hole is still there and the arena has to be repaired. It can be said that the mobarena works at the mob itselfs by giving him mobarena live. But you must enable that this monster will automaticly despawn after his mobarena live has been drained. Oh ye and after his mobarena live is down, the next wave spawns. So in case of that it is very obvious that this mob becomes just a normal mob after he was handled by mobarena.

I used mobarena very often and I still have some bugs left. But I think its enough for this thread ;)

24. Offline

ShizzleTMS

Will There Be A Stable Build Soon?

25. Offline

mojos98

I Have an error please help me:

>11:29:21 [INFO] [MobArena] Enabling MobArena v0.94.4.65
    >11:29:21 [INFO] [MobArena] No boss abilities found. Extracting defaults...
    >11:29:21 [INFO] [MobArena] Extracted abilities: ChainLightning, DisorientDistant, DisorientNearby, DisorientTarget, FetchDistant, FetchNearby, FetchTarget, FireAura, Flood, LightningAura, LivingBomb, ObsidianBomb, PullDistant, PullNearby, PullTarget, RootTarget, ShootArrow, ShootFireball, ShufflePositions, ThrowDistant, ThrowNearby, ThrowTarget, WarpToPlayer
    >11:29:21 [WARNING] [MobArena] Vault was not found. Economy rewards will not work!
    >11:29:21 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling MobArena v0.94.4.65 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot set to an empty path
    at org.apache.commons.lang.Validate.notEmpty(Validate.java:363)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.MemorySection.set(MemorySection.java:156)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.MemorySection.set(MemorySection.java:186)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.util.config.Config.set(Config.java:345)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.log.YMLSessionBuilder.reset(YMLSessionBuilder.java:109)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.log.YMLSessionBuilder.<init>(YMLSessionBuilder.java:28)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.ArenaImpl.<init>(ArenaImpl.java:174)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.ArenaMasterImpl.loadArena(ArenaMasterImpl.java:519)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.ArenaMasterImpl.createArenaNode(ArenaMasterImpl.java:548)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.ArenaMasterImpl.loadArenas(ArenaMasterImpl.java:481)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.ArenaMasterImpl.initialize(ArenaMasterImpl.java:242)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.MobArena.onEnable(MobArena.java:81)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:336)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:381)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:256)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:238)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:371)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:358)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:187)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:422)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

26. Offline

ACStache

it's cause you're using CB 1.2.5-R1.3 and MobArena 0.94.4.65, check the topic of the IRC channel. This goes for everyone having the above error. If you post this exact error after this post, I'm not helping you ;)

mojos98 likes this.
  27. Offline

vietlazed

28. Offline

ACStache

29. Offline

JHTudhope

Hi guys,
    I've found a serious bug with mob arena. We have a very large arena that was working perfectly until my players started complaining about fires caused by the boss ability chain lightning. The fires remain after a match and after a while it gets annoying as you have alot of fire everywhere that never goes out. Initially I dealt with this by manually putting them out every few matches. Inevitably I got sick of having to go in and put the fires out and decided to enable the soft reset option as a workaround instead. That was when all our problems began. As soon as I enabled soft reset we realized that the arena had now become destructible and as I hadn't planned ahead for that (our arena is encased in glass) and it was going to cause more problems than it fixed I disabled it and decided I'd just have to put up with putting the fires out or remove the chain-lightning. But here's the thing.... after enabling soft reset for that brief period of time a strip of blocks roughly 35 blocks in width has become permanently un-editable regardless of whether protect is on or off in the config or whether edit mode is enabled in the game.
    At first I thought it was only our arena but we have since discovered that the strip runs as far as we have explored our world so far... including straight through one of my players homes :(
    I do not run any plugins to protect blocks as this is a small private server and I'm 100% sure this was caused by mob arena as described above.
    How can i fix this? Does anyone have any ideas. As you can imagine my players are really upset.
    I do have a backup from before I installed mob arena but we'll lose several days if I revert to it.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:
    Well I found the cause for this if anyone else runs into the same problem. I have two arenas on my server and for some reason mob arena had merged the region co-ordinates for both of them. The un-editable strip of blocks was where they overlapped each other. After re-assigning coords for both arenas it is now fixed. This definitely happened after enabling soft reset and then disabling it for my second arena.

EDIT2:
    The above is only a temp fix. As soon as I restart the server the coords are merged again. This is extremely annoying. I'm going to try backing the fixed config up and a hard restart to see if that works.

EDIT3:
    Nope no joy, mob arena insists on overwriting my arena coords every time I reload my plugins or restart the server... aarg :( How can I stop it from editing my config file? Making the config read only causes a huge list of severe errors on server start so that's not a solution... :(
    Any ideas??

EDIT4:
    Well I fixed it! It was my fault after all the above lol :) I had a container defined in my first arena that was intended for my second arena. I must have added it and forgotten to set which arena I was editing at the time. As soon as I deleted the offending line of code everything was working as intended! Phew :)

I hope all the above helps anyone else with my odd problem!

30. Offline

Mime21

Yes, when I do /mcc it just doesnt pop up and etc, seems as if theres a permissions conflict also

31. Offline

stfupls

It works and im really happy but ive got a question:

how i do like in a wave there spawn 2 skeletons how i let them spawn like 1 skeleton?