Inactive [FUN/MISC] zombieattack v0.4 - Zombies will break blocks to get to you [803+] Working in 1.6

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by JoeJoeMcBean, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Offline

JoeJoeMcBean

zombieattack - Zombies will break blocks to get to you
    Version: v0.4
    Uses Permissions (Tested with v3.0.3).​
    Honors WorldGuard regions (Tested with 5.0-alpha10).​

0.4 -
    Improvement on zombie digging. Seems to work much better, and doesn't get the block stuck at the feet.
    Also added some logic around the null thread issues that creep up, looking for feedback please.
    Additional note on permissions. I had to add - 'zombieattack.user.enabled' to the Default group to get it to work. Relying on '*' inheritence from Admins didn't seem to do the trick.

Description:
    Want to add some additional difficulty to survival? This plugin will allow zombies to break blocks of your choice to get to the targetted player. You choose the blocks you want zombies to be able to break and the time in seconds it takes for the zombie to break that block type. WorldGuard can be used to protect regions from zombieattacks. Permissions lets you set what player/group is under attack.

The default enabled settings in blocks.config (block type, time to break):
    Show Spoiler

DIRT,4
    GRAVEL,3
    GRASS,4
    LEAVES,3
    SAND,3
    COBBLESTONE,5
    WOODEN_DOOR,5
    WOOD_DOOR,5
    WOOD,5
    FENCE,5
    SNOW_BLOCK,2
    WOOL,3
    GLASS,2

For example: A zombie targets you in your sand walled home. The zombie will come up to the wall and in 3 seconds will break out that block of sand in front of it. This will continue until one of you are dead or you leave the server.

Download jar here (or from the attached file below):
    zombieattack.jar

Installation:
    Copy the zombieattack.jar file to your plugins directory. The plugin will create the plugins/zombieattack folder, zombieattack.config, and blocks.config with default settings.

Features:
    Honors WorldGuard regions, can set which regions zombie's do not attack.​
    Set permissions for players/groups under zombie attack.​
    Customizable breakable block list with timers. Full list here under Enum Constant Summary section.​
    Source included in the jar.​

Permissions:
    Show Spoiler

zombieattack.user.*​
    zombieattack.user.enabled​

TODO:
    Show Spoiler

Multiworld support (work started)​
    code clean up​

Changelog:
    Show Spoiler

Version 0.3
    Fixed the non-breaking blocks when worldguard is enabled but zombie not in a region.​
    Fixed that ENTITY_TARGET spam​
    Version 0.2
    Allows for not having WorldGuard and/or Permissions​
    Version 0.1
    Release​

Attached Files:

2. Offline

cloned

Multi-World support would be awesome as I don't want this in all my worlds. Updates?

3. Offline

Zarius

Love this mod - just wish I could use the version where zombies dig properly.

@JoeJoeMcBean

Any luck fixing the CPU issues?

@Ranzear

Did you manage to fix anything?

4. Offline

Codex Arcanum

Getting this error every time a zombie attacks someone.

12:03:41 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-3416"
    12:03:41 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    12:03:41 [SEVERE] at com.mcbean.zombieattack.zombieattackHandler.run(zombieattackHandler.java:32)
    12:03:41 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

5. Offline

EmanuxJade

work fine on 803 ;) tyvm

6. Offline

JoeJoeMcBean

My apologies guys. I've been <insert excuse here>.
    I'll start working on some updates!

7. Offline

Blobinet

Awesome plugin!
    Could you improve zombies IA ? Like if someone hides in a stone house(Zombie can't destroy) with a wooden door (Zombie can destroy) the zombie would move to the door and destroy it to reach the player, instead of just running into the walls. This could also be like a game mode :p where players have to survive zombie's attacks and eventually become one when killed .

8. Offline

JoeJoeMcBean

@everyone , made some updates. v0.4 is out. Worldguard and Permissions and Minecraft 1.6 seem to work fine.
    As always feedback welcome!

9. Offline

kahlilnc

Thanks for the update. :D

10. Offline

Zarius

Very cool! Look forward to trying it out when I upgrade my server to 1.6 :)

11. Offline

JoeJoeMcBean

Oh as a side note, many times when I've seen that null thread spam it's been because of another plugin canceling the target event, like friendlies, or perhaps vampires. If anyone that seems to get this problem can let me know if they are running some sort of plugin the affects the way creatures target or not target (attack) you, I would appreciate the insight.

I've also added some checks for a null value so hopefully that fixed the issues with vampire and friendlies.
    Again feed back appreciated.

12. Offline

Ranzear

Not really. When I really tested hard I found it was only when zombies were moving over flat terrain towards a player that extraneous threads and high CPU usage would occur, but I noticed a patch note for 1.6.x that is said to prevent spawning an insane number of threads so it could have been some weird glitch triggered by this plugin.

Haven't had a chance to try Bukkit 812 nor ZombieAttack 0.4, but I do have repeatability on the CPU hogging glitch.

13. Offline

Arcaian

This looks really cool ! When 1.6 is not buggy and when all the plugins and SMP mods I use (FancyPack, Mo'Creatures, stuff like that) is ported then I will most defeinetly use it :D

14. Offline

vrox

Cant wait for multiworld support. :D I only want this on one world.

15. Offline

crupler22

Great plugin! Just a few suggestions. Add the dig animation to the zombie. (idk how hard that would be). And for me it seems if im in a house with no openings they dont see me so they will never come get me. Maybe allow the ability to configure it so they "smell" you. Thanks for your hard work!

16. Offline

kyfwana

I'm experiencing a major performance hit every time a zombie "targets" a player with this mod. I am not using any other plugins that affect mobs. I have had to delete this mod because of this problem.

17. Offline

Redem

The zombies rarely actually destroy the blocks unless they are on a flat, straight path towards you and you place a block down. What I suggest is:

Make it so that once they cant "move forward" yet they can detect the player is on the other side, they immediately go straight forward and break blocks (both upper body block and lower body block) because they are easily farmed. They need a 6 Block radius detection (configurable if you want) to find players. They just are too easy.

P.S. Thank you soo much for making zombies, what they should be. Keep developing!

18. Offline

drakcore

The plugin still maxes out a core per zombie but only when they are tracking/chasing you, when they breaking blocks the CPU usage drops.

19. Offline

megaman0122

yeah the same thing happens to me... is that fixable?

20. Offline

turqmelon

It would be awesome if this could only happen at night, and on random occasions. So we could define a 'Blood Moon' and during that particular time, zombies would be able to break blocks to get to you...just an idea. ;)

21. Offline

Rurikar22

Completely lags up a server. Mod is just unusable in it's current form.

22. Offline

Plague

NEVER use a plus sign in the CB version, keep the thread updated for latest recommended CB

23. Offline

earliestkrab

well done, old chap

24. Offline

Ruddah Bagga

EDIT: okay the problem is me clearly not understanding how your permission nodes work because I am the unintuitive scum of the yaml world. I've stuck - zombieattack.user.enabled (which I'm assuming makes the zombies target people) into my default group, which gets inherited through all my other groups. I don't want the admin to get targeted though, and admin permission is at - '*' and simply giving it a negative - zombieattack.user.enabled node is not working. Does the solution involve - zombieattack.user.* at all?
    In fact, does the solution actually involve these permissions? or am I totally misinterpreting how they work..

Anyways, if anyone with the patience for how little I obviously know could lend a hand that would be lovely

EDIT2: Is the "user" in the node actually supposed to be replaced by the username and am I unfathomably stupid for not noticing?

25. Offline

Zarius

I've no idea why there are both the permissions there but either should work. I used "zombieattack.user.enabled" myself and using "-zombieattack.user.enabled" should remove this permission for your admins if you wish.

I do believe that I too had CPU issues with this plugin but hard to tell when you have quite a few plugins set up.

26. Offline

Legolas75893

@Zarius it's this plugin. I have 42+ plugins, and I had CPU issues RIGHT after I added this. Then, I tried JUST this running and it was still causing issues.

27. Offline

Zarius

Yeah, I got that impression too - shame since I loved the concept of this plugin.

28. Offline

Legolas75893

Yeah. My server really loved the plugin. (/sarcasm) The Staff loved it anyway :D haehahe. I'll see if I can fork this later when I learn more Java. I hope someone else can fork this in the meantime, though.

kahlilnc likes this.
  29. Offline

Ruddah Bagga

Huh..alright, I must be screwing something up then. I'm using the Essential's GroupManager, which should work with anything that works with Permissions

30. Offline

jtlcr777

I actually have no CPU problems with this plugin at all...

31. Offline

compgurusteve

Are you able to set times such as .5, .09, .08?