[FUN/MISC] Tribu v0.6.4 - The ZombieSurvival continuation [1.6.4]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Graindcafe, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Offline

Graindcafe

Tribu - A zombie survival game !

Currently looking for translators please contact me by PM if your language is not already translated or not fully translated.

What is it ?
    Tribu is a zombie survival game in which you can set zombie spawns. Zombies will appear wave by wave once the game is started. You have to kill them! Each kill will get you money and points, and with the money you can buy items to kill more zombies. The game will stop when everyone is dead.

2. Offline

TheFluffey

That is what I would do, But how would you be able to buy guns from that block?

3. Offline

mmob18

Well, as the name of the plugin suggests, you can "create custom blocks through Spout!". You could make a block where it would be like "Right click block, give [player] [gun id], and then deduct [money]That was an example, it wouldn't actually work. This plugin does support iConomy, EssentialsEco, and a couple other economy plugins.

4. Offline

TheFluffey

Sorry, I thought tribu only had its local economy :D MY bad. And thank you.

5. Offline

mmob18

No, thank you. Without your input and stuff, I really wouldn't know what to do with this plugin.
    I'm pretty much done updating it, it's being tested as I am writing this. :)

6. Offline

Wiinick

So mmob18 Graindcafe whats the news on your progress. And est. of release.

SUGGESTIONs:
    1)-Zombies burning toggle stops zombies from burning in lava and whatnot, so can this be fixed?
    2)-If you dont have enough lag, toll signs dont work, i know this for a fact.
    3)-Buy signs need support for damage values (44:3) (17:1) (278:50)
    4)-This is JUST a suggestion i dont expect it to happen. Make world guard support so that when u enter a worldguard region it activates spawns set for that area.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  7. Offline

mmob18

I am almost done the updating process, it's in testing now. Surprisingly, I haven't had much contact with Graindcafe, I have to ask him if the fully approves of the "compiled ToDo list".
    WorldGuard support, eh? For that specific thing to happen, "when u enter a worldguard region it activates spawns set for that area" I think WorldGuard would have to edit it's own source.

8. Offline

Wiinick

mmob18
    It was worth a try. Worldguard does have some region detection features so i thought id give it a try.

9. Offline

mmob18

Well, if you want, when I'm done all the stuff I am currently working on, I could get a copy of the WorldGuard source code and try to make it work.

Wiinick Estimated time of release.. Well, I want to get in touch with Graindcafe, see what he thinks about the finished product before I release it. I think by the end of the week I will be done testing it for 1.2.3, I would prefer not to release it untill the 1.2.3 RB comes out. It still doesn't have any of the extras we talked about, it is just the same plugin, but it is updated. If you really need the plugin now, I could ask Graindcafe about that. The Bukkit Team could make further changes to the code upon finishing testing.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

Wiinick

mmob18 I dont need it but i want it. Im still waiting for worldguard to be compatible with Kino to stop firespread. In short the release time of this plugin is 1/2 of the 2 plugins holding me back from upgrading. Either way i can wait, im patient. Ive been waiting for someone to take over this plugin, so take as long as you need, im just glad your working on it. Oh yes, i have 1 more suggestion that should take about 10 min to implement. In short, players shouldnt be able to join tribu if they have items in hand. Just make a red error saying You must put away your items before you can join tribu. This is not needed to be done but my friend did it and people liked this function. Its your choice, im just giving out ideas. As you can tell im an idea man.

11. Offline

mmob18

Hmm.. I was pretty sure that it was already implemented and is configurable.. I'll check

12. Offline

TheFluffey

You could make it so that a door must be opened before zombies are allowed to spawn in a certain area, no?

13. Offline

Wiinick

I dont think it works that way. Although with 1.2.3 doors do have an open/closed position tracking now, so its possible. I just had a great idea, check this, to make a pile of junk go away(if you play COD zombies youll know what i mean)you use falsebook IC's to place/replace a block and then use 1 more IC(integrated circuit) to strike lightening. So in short it would look like, 1 item at a time disappearing at a semi-fast pace then 3 lightning shots(Zeus bolt IC) are activated at the same time. I got to try this now! Ive totally digressed now lol.

14. Offline

TheFluffey

Pretty Genious :D and I was talking about the custom tribu doors!

15. Offline

Wiinick

What do you mean by custom tribu doors? Isnt that just a door where you can put a sign on it and put [Pay]

16. Offline

TheFluffey

Yea, he may make custom block ones that reset and have no signs in the way or anything :D

17. Offline

Wiinick

You mean like custom blocks like spout or like set blocks that interact, like a door on obsidian. Obsidian being the set block to make that special door.

18. Offline

TheFluffey

Yea, like as soon as you step on this block it activates spawns... You stand on the block and type like /tribu activate spawns (ActivatorName)... Then link it by typing the spawns individually and then what block to link them to.. Like /tribu spawn (Spawnname) link (ActivaterName)

19. Offline

Wiinick

Well i find that redstone ore would be very usefull. When u hit or step on it, it changes states. This is also very god to make a trap with a BUD switch (block update detector). Believe it or not a BUD switch can be made in minecraft.

20. Offline

TheFluffey

Yea, but for the simplicity and Anti-Lag, a script is much better.

21. Offline

Zynastor

For ispawn, dspawn, etc. it's telling me /ispawn [jump], etc. help?

22. Offline

Wiinick

23. Offline

mmob18

Wow.. This helps so much.
    You guys don't mind if I integrate other plugins with Tribu, right? So it would be like:
    For [some epic feature], get this plugin: [link to download]

24. Offline

Wiinick

For [some epic feature], get this plugin: bleedingmobs[link to download]
    Is that how you mean? Gimme another example. Also its your plugin, kinda, you do what u want.
    And im glad i could be of some help.

25. Offline

mmob18

Another example:
    For configurable "Gun Purchase Blocks", get MoreMaterials[http://forums.spout.org/threads/fun...custom-blocks-and-items-spn-737-cb-1-1-r4.70/].
    NOTE: Must be running Craftbukkit++ for this feature to work[http://forums.spout.org/threads/craftbukkit.938/]

If this is okay with you guys, I want to make a lot of these "configurable features", just to make the plugin completely customizable. And this is as much your plugin as it is mine. I do not own the plugin, nor did I take part in any of the initial development. I'm just a guy who knows Javascript and loves helping people out.

What version of Bukkit are you running?

26. Offline

Zynastor

1.2.3-R0.2 (#2060)

27. Offline

TheFluffey

That would be awesome - simply add a command to buy the weapon... configure it in yaml:

packs:
    Ak: 318:1045-1,318:1046-120 # 1045 is gun- quantity of 1. 1046 is ammo- quantity of 120.

Then, you could use /tribu buy Ak

Add it to a custom block with more materials... Texture the outline of the gun.

SET!

28. Offline

Wiinick

Well, i like it, but i can see 2 problems with people who want the plugin. 1st being that more plugins = longer reload/startup and more tax on resources. 2nd, more plugins = more upkeep on updates. I like it though. It adds more fun to the game. Its just like multiverse, there r 3 plugins for it, core,portals,etc(<--forgot last one).

29. Offline

mmob18

True.. More plugins = More RAM required and more resources needed..
    The reason you're having errors is because the plugin hasn't been updated for 1.2.3 yet. Once again, I'll remind you that I am almost done testing the plugin with 1.2.3 and making the changes that are needed.

30. Offline

Zynastor

31. Offline

Wiinick

I CANT WAIT!!!! This is gunna be awesome!

There is no plugin for this, so i thought id ask u if it was doable. Redstone activated jukeboxes. I would love this. Also there is no other plugin that has this feature.