Inactive [FUN/MECH] VoxelAir v2.008 - Configurable Flight and Travel Powers [1317]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Voxel Box, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Offline

Voxel Box

[​IMG]

VoxelAir: "We'll have our wings and the wind will be with us."
    written by by: przerwap
    Get it here: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    Tested compatible with: #1317
    documentation by: plusnine

Changelog:
    v2.008 - Fly, Ridge, Fly is now VoxelAir, and includes a more robust flight system than ever! Check the documentation for everything that's new, and be sure to remove your flyRidgeFly.jar file and config folder from your server's plugins folder.

Documentation:
    http://www.voxelwiki.com/minecraft/VoxelAir

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)"> </font><font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)"><font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">[​IMG]</font> </font>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2016
  2. Offline

Bobertbarker

Sorry I had this page open for a while and didn't see your response until it refreshed (from me posting that)

3. Offline

przerwap

'tis fine.

4. Offline

Codemonkeyninja

Can you please update to the newest recommended build I really want this on my server

5. Offline

przerwap

Works just fine for me.

6. Offline

Ambedrake

Works fine for my server as well, as for the port thing, I can disable it for all players including admins but the admns.txt overrides don't seem to take effect. Was wondering if there is a trick to it or if i'm just missing something.

7. Offline

Codemonkeyninja

Is it Supposed to bounce you alike your constantly jumping up but your not while you hover

8. Offline

quickclay

Weird.. the right mouse button no longer works with the feather, but the left does. Not sure what happened as there's been no changes to my server recently. :(

9. Offline

przerwap

someone likely did /letmefly
    or w/e the command to globally toggle flying was.

10. Offline

quickclay

Ah I'll take a look at the config. I'm the only admin, so I should know, but maybe I changed something accidently.

11. Offline

Xzlider

couldnt there be a config file in which u could choose to make it only ops who thr could fly!

12. Offline

DigitalMocking

Permissions support would be really nice.

13. Offline

mahari3

im sorry but ive gotta ask;
    why cant ANYONE make a plugin that you dont need a feather (or make that option configurable) and make it so that you hold shift so go down, hold space to go up and when you relese either of those keys you stay where you were, making it so you dont have to type /hover or right click with a feather in your hand, to hover in the air? to me it doesn't sound that hard although ill be truthful; i have no clue how to make a plugin and what it reqires, but really? how could no one have though of this? why make it SO much more complicated than it has to be?! all i want is a simple plugin that does what i just described. can ANYONE give me a link to something like that? i want something simple, nothing more nothing less.

14. Offline

NeutronRocks

Toggle all flight settings off and only people on admns.txt will be able to utilize the feather.

The VoxelPlugins will likely never support permissions.
    I'm pretty sure there's a plugin suggestions thread on this forum. Post that there.

15. Offline

joselitoeu

Can you share the world "Kingdom of Adacia" for download? I loved it, and i want to play on it =D

16. Offline

Voxel Box

We probably won't be distributing schematics of our work around, but thanks for your interest.

Feel free to apply for the server's greylist, and you may be able to get in to see it in game.

http://www.voxelwiki.com // http://www.thevoxelbox.com/contact

17. Offline

Zalerinian

can you please fix the hover thing? it makes you repeatedly bounce... also, when i use VoxelAir on my 1060 server, when underwater, i get missingtex spelt backwards everywhere i look, underwater only though. Also, cow's lose their skins and also display what little bit of missingtex fits on them.... please fix this D:

18. Offline

przerwap

That would be the fault of the very unstable, and rolled back build 1060

19. Offline

Zalerinian

so the 1060 version of VA has errors? aww :( is it possible they will somehow be fixed later?

20. Offline

Voxel Box

Pretty sure he meant Bukkit build 1060. Our plugin does not support build 1060.

21. Offline

Zalerinian

well it sorta works

22. Offline

chae1025

Hi I'm a user of VoxelAir. I tried using it but couldn't make it to work. Also when I logged back my character keeps going up even though I don't have any feathers. This is really annoying me. Please answer fast! thanks!

23. Offline

Voxel Box

Left click with a feather to exit extended flight mode.

Right click to fly. Delete the configuration files and re-run VoxelAir to see if there was a problem with the config.

24. Offline

Voxel Box

Do ye have VoxelAir installed on your Bukkit server? If nay, g't it, me hearties!

Also, happy International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

25. Offline

EnzoFX

This appears to be working just fine for me in 1185.

26. Offline

Voxel Box

Sweet. I'll update the build number once it's all official!

27. Offline

EnzoFX

Works just fine for me in 1240.

28. Offline

Voxel Box

Updated! Thanks for keeping us in the loop (it's not currently running on The Voxel Box).

29. Offline

mypetsquirrel

works just fine for me in 1317. Only problem I have had, and it's been mentioned before, so I apologize, but, i was hovering (and going up) and accidentally dropped my feather. I thankfully am an OP so I simply spawned me another, but what happens if a non-OP does this?

It would be nice to be able to configure how fast up/down your hover nudges. so, I could change it to a gentle fall, so eventually the player will get to the ground, and be able to GET a feather, Or set it to 0 and be able to float at the same place indefinately.

Just some thoughts.

You mentioned that it will likely never be useable with permissions, might I pick your brain and find out why?

30. Offline

Voxel Box

We use VoxelPermissions, which works fine for us. A conversion to rely on someone else's work is NOT what our plugin devs want. We're trying to be 100% interdependent from other people's work.

Also, not much we can do about dropping you're feather... just don't drop it.

31. Offline

mypetsquirrel

While being 100% "independent" from other people's work is admirable from a dev standpoint, it's not that user friendly for your clients who don't always only use your code. Just a thought.

Btw: I am assuming you meant independent, as 100% interdependent means you only rely on others.