Inactive [FUN/MECH] VoxelAir v2.008 - Configurable Flight and Travel Powers [1317]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Voxel Box, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Offline

Voxel Box

[​IMG]

VoxelAir: "We'll have our wings and the wind will be with us."
    written by by: przerwap
    Get it here: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    Tested compatible with: #1317
    documentation by: plusnine

Changelog:
    v2.008 - Fly, Ridge, Fly is now VoxelAir, and includes a more robust flight system than ever! Check the documentation for everything that's new, and be sure to remove your flyRidgeFly.jar file and config folder from your server's plugins folder.

Documentation:
    http://www.voxelwiki.com/minecraft/VoxelAir

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)"> </font><font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)"><font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">[​IMG]</font> </font>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2016
  2. Offline

Voxel Box

you are correct. VoxelAir is what we call "working as intended". aiming up to fly means you go, well, up. very up.

for smaller precision jumps, you want to see where you are going to land, not stare up at the sky and not stick the landing, which is why the greater control is set up for you when looking down with the plugin.

~plusnine.

3. Offline

Bdl2

Thing is I wasn't aiming up. Rather down, at an angle. Still throws me very high. But if that's intended, very well.
    Thank you for being patient with me, I appreciate it.

4. Offline

Pim1234

why not normal flight mode by holding shift?
    awesome plugin for the rest

will there come permissions support?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016
  5. Offline

dhxmg

Am I the only one who has problem with the step sound buildup?
    It's kinda annoying :S
    If you fix it there will be [cake]

6. Offline

Bdl2

I don't think it can be fixed. That sound is Minecraft making up for all the steps you would've taken had you been walking, and the same thing occurs with singleplayer mods that allow flight, like SPC.
    I think the only way to stop the sound would be to mute footsteps on your end, sadly.

7. Offline

dhxmg

Well, at least Zombes flight mod has none, but I can't use client-side mods because my client is kinda unstable :S

8. Offline

andune

Very cool mod. Any chance of releasing the source code? I'd like to modify it to support Permissions so that I can enable this on one world, but not any others. Thanks!

Also, for the use case where you want to enable flying for a select group of users (as specified by admns.txt) and not have it on for anyone else, there's a bug: everyone gets the side effect that holding a feather results in no fall damage. This prevents me from turning this mod on for even a select few people because the side effect is global to the entire player population.

Please fix if you can, or if you wouldn't mind sharing the source so I can add the aforementioned Permissions tweaks so I could limit this on a per-world basis, that would be great! Thanks.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016
  9. Offline

Pim1234

this plugin goes straight trough antihack and nocheat!
    i only want VIP's to be able to fly and i want this plugin, so could you please add permissions?

10. Offline

przerwap

nope

11. Offline

Pim1234

could you at least make it a bit friendly to antihack or nocheat?
    that it would obey them? if not this plugin is totally useless. (which sucks because it is the best i've seen)

12. Offline

przerwap

Read the isntallation instructions. If you have you would know that you can restrict the plugin to people on admns.txt

13. Offline

Pim1234

missed it i guess.. sorry for troubling you then (although permissions are great :()

14. Offline

andune

Why hostile to Permissions? It's a fantastic plugin! But not everyone wants it enabled on every world or perhaps would like finer-grained control over who gets what. (for example, I think your blink-capability is a lot of fun and I might want to turn it on for just a few players). And without some finer-grained control, it's an all-or-nothing proposition. I really think the Voxel server you have is great and I'm not out to compete with it by going all-in and creating a Voxel server clone, but I'd love to enable a feature or two from some of the awesome plugins you've made!

I love this plugin and would love to enable it in some capacity on my server, I'm more than willing to do the work. If you prefer to keep the code base "Permissions-free", I'd be happy to maintain a Permissions-enabled fork. Or even my own private copy, if you didn't mind (although I'd certainly be willing to share it with others if you were OK with that).

Thanks for considering.

15. Offline

Voxel Box

I understand your concerns, but plesae understand we are a creative server and we develop creative server tools that purposefully intended to restrict as few players as possible, not the other way around. The concepts underlying VoxelAir are simple, and an interested developer would have no problem putting such a plugin together that supported the Permissions plugin. We are just not that developer.

~plusnine

16. Offline

Kanoa_W

Perhaps you could add info as to how the config file works? I see lots of variables I could change, and while I could change them all one at a time to figure out exactly how they work, it would be nice to have that information in your well documented instructions ;P
    Many many thanks, Kanoa.

17. Offline

Voxel Box

I disagree. If you read the documentation and the plugin's various commands and toggles, then the configuration file should need no explanation whatsoever.

~plusnine.

18. Offline

Kanoa_W

So sorry! You are indeed right, and I have made more than a fair arse of myself. Please forgive my obliviousness and accept my abounding gratitude for your wonderful plug-in :D

19. Offline

Shasjas

Is there any way to stop that annoying jumpiness that occurs when hovering?
    It makes it a bit difficult to do precise things with voxelsniper.

20. Offline

Voxel Box

no. unless you are using a client mod like zombe's flymod, you are always subject to your client's enforcement of minecraft gravity vs. voxelair's attempts to hold you in place on the server's end of things. hover mode is designed as a stop-gap measure for users who are too lazy or inept to install a more comprehensive flight system for themselves.

~plusnine.

21. Offline

andune

Thanks for the thoughtful response. I agree the concepts are simple, but rather than build a VoxelAir clone where I just clean-room re-write basically all of your code (same functionality) with the only notable exception that I'm adding permissions support, would you consider giving me access to the source so that I can do just that without re-creating all of the nice work you've done creating this plugin? I'd be happy to maintain a Permissions-enabled fork, so you don't have to be "that developer". And I think it's much better than me trying to write/maintain a complete replica of this plugin without just being able to fork and incorporate upstream changes directly.

But, it's your code and completely your call, so please don't feel pressured into anything. I, personally, would love to make use of this on my server, but I'm not a creative server nor am I out to stand up a Voxel replica and try to steal your userbase. I'd just like to incorporate a few aspects in specific ways on my server. If you're OK with that and don't mind giving me access to the source to do just that, I'm happy to do the legwork.

Thanks for considering.

22. Offline

Shasjas

OK thanks for your reply. I went and got Zombes instead.

23. Thanks so much. This plugin is better than ever.

24. As I dont have the time to read through all of this....is it somehow possible to lower the speed of flying while rightclicking with the feather?

25. Offline

przerwap

No.

26. Offline

quickclay

I'd like to see consumption of feathers configurable. One feather per time increment flying would be nice. :)

27. Offline

Bobertbarker

Is it possible for you to post your source code? I want to change it around a bit to remove the Thru (crouch right click) command. Also I want to change something with Godsays. I would make it on my own, but this will be my first real Java project, and I'd like to have a source code to start with.

28. Offline

Ambedrake

I would appreciate a way to kill the through porting, it null and voids the point of safes >.<

29. Offline

przerwap

Code:
    allowClassicFRF: true

30. Offline

Bobertbarker

I second this.

31. Offline

przerwap