Inactive [FUN/MECH] Tossers v1.2 - Creepers that jump up jump up and chow down [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by redf1sh, May 10, 2011.

1. Offline

redf1sh

Tossers - Creepers that jump up jump up and chow down.

Tossers has been updated, finally! I've also moved to dev.bukkit.org, you can see it over there!

2. Offline

redf1sh

Just confirmed, it even works for me! Now I can get back to making weird plugins/whiskey in peace.

3. Offline

Plague

NEVER use a plus sign in the title, keep the thread updated for latest RB

4. Offline

Klausar

Crashes and worldresetts your server with 860

5. Offline

redf1sh

I was hoping to make it clear that it didn't work on 818, which was the RB last I was on. Updated it.

Crap man, that sucks! It works for me on 860, can you post the crash dump?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  6. Offline

Klausar

There is no error message it just says "cant keep up"

7. Offline

redf1sh

I think that message has something to do with server load. You sure it's this plugin? Does it actually reset the world?

8. Offline

Klausar

I deleted it and now it works. hmmm....

9. Offline

redf1sh

You're gonna have to give me more to go on mate. What version of craftbukkit? What other plugins? Is it really actually resetting your world without a single error message? You're being far to vague for me to help, which I'm happy to do.

10. Offline

Klausar

I use RB 860 and it closes the connection to every member it doesnt really crash the server but it resetts theire inventorys.

11. Offline

redf1sh

Weird, and it works without Tossers... huh. This shouldn't have anything to do with inventories or worlds, since it doesn't touch any of that stuff - it just messes with Creepers.

12. Offline

ArcFox

Is it by any chance possible to have BOTH, the exploding AND this tossing creeper on the server?^^

13. Offline

redf1sh

Yup! In the config file there is an option that lets you choose the percentage of creepers that do what.

ArcFox likes this.
  14. Offline

ArcFox

Holy..! Downloading right now :D

15. Offline

redf1sh

You'll want to check out the multiplyer option too, check out the OP.

16. Offline

TheTennessee

Curiosity question, what do charged tossers do?

Do they do extra damage or something?

I currently have it set to 50% for the chance, so I have both tossers and creepers now. I love these kinds of mods, since they add a ton of depth to the game. Giant, and now tossers as well.

17. Offline

blackbinary

This plugin dos not work for me :(
    i have many plugins .. so i try it with a plain Bukkit server version 860 and ONLY Tossers

Config:
    Code:
    TossMultiplyer: 2
    TossPercentage: 100
    SaySomething: true
    now @ InGame , the creeper cames close spam the Message and disappere in front of my.

Nothing with Jumping Creeper :(

Have some one else this problem?

18. Offline

redf1sh

Are you sure you're using 860? That was the bug with build 818.

I think they behave like any other creeper unfortunately, maybe I'll add something special with a new version... hmm! Glad you're enjoying the plugin :).

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

19. Offline

blackbinary

OMG i'm so stupid, you are right! It was not the 860 Build. I was so sure about this. I think i wget the wrong file last time. Sorry!

It works now.
    Realy great Plugin!
    I like it :)

20. Offline

redf1sh

Awesome! Glad it works :p.

21. Offline

Dressingoak

Very fun plugin! :D
    However, it could be nice to be able to use color codes like &1, &2, etc..., in the Creeper message. On our server, we often use the red color (&c) to explain commands and stuff like that - so more options would be cool!

22. Offline

Antikas

Would it be possible to have configuration options be specific by world? Ie.,
    Code:
    World 1:
         TossPercentage: 100
         SaySomething: true
    World 2:
         TossPercentage: 0
         SaySomething: false
    That would allow us to have tossers in one world, and mayhem and destruction in others! :D

23. Offline

redf1sh

I added this to the new version :D, see the OP for details.

I actually just added multiworld support this morning, I swear I'm psychic or something. It's not as fancy as your suggestion (just a list of worlds tossers works on), I'm thinking I'll add those options in the next release.

New version (1.2) is released, adding:
    • Multiworld support, you can now limit tossers to worlds of your choosing.
    • Added damage option to config, so you can make creepers 1-hit kill if you want to be evil (or you know, do less damage too, it's a number).
    • Removed the Creeper: prefix to messages, and let your creepers talk in fancy colours.
    • Bugfixes.

24. Offline

KuroSnow

This is awesome win. I leave the % at 95, so that occassionally when you least expect it, you get a creeper that blows up in your face. =D

Should make super charged creepers launch you into the air. Like, Aerial faith plate style.

Also: rotation of messages, so it doesn't always say the same thing. =)

25. Offline

Antikas

Awesome, thank you! :)

26. Offline

redf1sh

Oooh I like it. I was thinking of making them launch people but not themselves (so they survive), and upon death drop cake. Rotating messages is a great idea!

Mmmm cake.

27. Offline

KuroSnow

Mmm... Cake. But if you make them launch people, should reduce falling damage some. (Or not. Customizable maybe? Would mean my players would REALLY have to level up their acrobatics skills in mcMMO. XD )

Edit: P.S. Don't suppose you can make it when creepers die, there's some kind of confetti...?

28. Offline

colin8696909

man could they get even scarier. lol

29. Offline

redf1sh

Confetti would be awesome, but I can't do any visuals that couldn't already be done in game (otherwise I'd need to mod the client side of things, as in minecraft on peoples computers instead of the server). The closest I can figure for confetti would be lit tnt, but that kinda defeats the point of the plugin :D.

30. Offline

KuroSnow

What about random colored wool particle effects?

31. Offline

gameswereus

I love this mod :p I add in onto my server every once and a while so people are always nervous if it's on or now.. :p