Inactive [FUN/MECH] SuperJump v0.8 - Launch Users [1.2.5-R3.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Bubby4j, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Offline

Bubby4j

[​IMG]
    Version: v0.8

BukkitDev

This plugin will allow you to make blocks that when walked over, will launch a player in any direction you wish! Even above the clouds!

Usage:
    Place a sign with (without the quotes):
    '[Jump]' on the first line (case doesn't matter)
    The launch speed X on the second line
    The launch speed Y on the second line
    The launch speed Z on the second line

The sign must be directly below the block you want people to launch when stepped on.

If you want to test it, put in plugins folder, start server, and have the following text on a sign:
    [Jump]

Config File:
    Code:
    onlyOpPlace: 'true' # Choose if only ops can create jump signs.
    timeout: '0.5' # Choose timeout, to prevent users from getting launched twice, or to place a limit on how often they can use it, in seconds, -1 for no timeout
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Features:
    * Launches users that walk over particular blocks
    * Useful for a base with a cool entrance
    * isOp option to only let ops create jump signs
    * Timeout config option to choose how often users can use it

Planned:
    * Let users select options
    * Mob Launching
    * Minecart Launching
    * Boat Launching (Should work in water!)

Download latest on BukkitDev!
    Old versions:
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Source
    Licence:

Show Spoiler
    You are allowed to use my plugin, and view source code, under the following conditions:
    You do not claim you made it
    If someone asks, you must tell them that I made it
    Do not use large portions of my code
    You may modify it for your own use, but not distribute the modified version of it

Changelog:
    Version 0.8
    * Updated for latest bukkit

Version 0.7
    * Fixed some performance issues

Version 0.6
    * Fixed issues where people wouldn't land in the same spot

Version 0.5
    * Added config file and option to only let ops create the jump signs

Version 0.4
    * Updated Plugin to recommended build.

Version 0.3
    * Fixed a bug where numbers can't be too long

Version 0.2
    * Changes the way it flings the user, to help prevent inconstancies

Version 0.1
    * Releasing my awesome plugin

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
    vphonem, GreyBishop, Bronski and 2 others like this.
  2. Offline

Kainzo

3. Offline

Firelight7300

Jeez, I Tried Your Plugin And All The Players On My Server Who Were Watching Me Begged Me To Make A Launch Pad For Them. :p AWESOME

4. Offline

Madmonkey

how come when i put this underground the [Jump] part changes to my name instead?

nvm i got it working
    its fun too although i killed myself lol
    btw how do i find where i want to be launched at?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  5. Offline

Bubby4j

You change the numbers to change the launch force, so if you want to launch people up, the second number should be positive. If you want to launch them along the x axis positively, change the first number to be positive.

6. Offline

Kainzo

Can we go negative in numbers to go different directions?

How's the permissions coming btw? :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

NathanWolf

Yes please! I have a fling spell that I wanted to do this... I've tried setting the player's velocity, but it was a no go. I'd love to look at your code, but if you don't like the idea of me copying your ideas (not your code), then you prolly shouldn't share it :(

Your "license" section is a little scary for a Bukkit plugin, though I have no intention of decompiling your code :)

8. Offline

Madmonkey

hmm so how do i like launch to a exact spot?

9. Offline

Bubby4j

You need to mess with the values until you get it correct. It is best to have a water landing.

10. Offline

Madmonkey

how do i mess with a landing anyway i wanna get a water landing too but i dont know where to shoot at due to i dont know how to launch to a exact same spot

11. Madmonkey since it uses game physics it would be hard to work out unless you want the coder to put calculus or a small physics sim in his mod.. what I'd recommend is.. put something like 2,0,0 in and see how far you go (write it down) then try 3,0,0 etc and when you have a few values you can make a good educated guess, then fine tune it.
    Helps if you have access to godmode whilst testing, or do it near spawn. Good luck!

Oh and if you dont have the patience for that then just put any values in for a long throw, then try it and see where you die, then put water *there*. Simple.

12. Offline

Madmonkey

i still dont get how to mess with the values.... i want to make it to be launched to a exact spot

13. Offline

Kainzo

How goes the op perms? :D

14. Offline

Bronski

One of my favorite mods, for sure. We've already made a few fun things to play on. Bravo :)

15. Offline

sithoius

This is the most epic server plugins in existence. This makes me want to play minecraft even more.

16. Offline

MrCamping

How launch speed works exactly?
    It seems to launch very randomly. I land somewhere in a 50x50 perimeter.

Other then that, Its an awesome plugin. Do you plan to make some kind of invincibility on landing?

17. Offline

SplenectomY

TNT Launching. Please tell me you plan on attempting this. :D

18. Offline

Kainzo

Still waiting on ops - only mode - but otherwise this plugin is sheer madness and awesome.

19. Offline

MrFroho

Heyo, i love the idea of this plugin and I'd love to get it to work on my server. Right now the error im getting is [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to SuperJump

I tried removing all plugins except superjump, same error. I'm running bukkit 493 which i believe is recommended. please let me know whats up, and if u want to join my server to check it out leme kno :)

20. Offline

Bubby4j

I will get the new recommended and debug.

Works fine on 556, what plugins do you have installed?

21. Offline

MrFroho

Ah ok i updated to 556 and it works great, thanks budday

22. Offline

h3ndy_

Your downloads are wrong.
    WHen i click download 0.3 what should fix the 50x50 max thing, it is still the version 0.1

23. Offline

Bubby4j

Huh? What do you mean?

24. Offline

Jelle

I think he means: When i startup the server it says "21:08:07 [INFO] SuperJump version 0.1 has been enabled!"
    I think it is the 0.3, but the server says it is 0.1 ;)

And maybe u could add a godmode or something?
    Or maybe something else, because i don't like it to die :p

EDIT: I mean a short godmode, not for always.
    Only when u land on the ground.

25. Offline

h3ndy_

Exactly :)
    Still the over 50 big is not changed

26. Offline

Firelight7300

To make it more awesome then it already is, compatibility with NoCheats plugin is an option.

27. This just stopped working for me. I didnt change anything on my server and it was still working yesterday ;/ Oh well... Back to JumpBlock.

28. Offline

Kainzo

Any shot at op+ only yet? I'm still very interested in supporting this plugin.

29. Offline

h3ndy_

I read the topic about your server on the MC forums and i just wondered why you don`t use plugins to solve most of the rules?

30. Offline

Kainzo

Huh?

31. Offline

h3ndy_

for example
    There are tons of AnitGrief Plugins here.
    ->
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-autoplant-v1-03-keep-forests-alive-cb-556-cb-440.6930/

whining -> maybe solved by http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ch...l-chat-censoring-system-544.9328/#post-153511
    For Spam i did not find something, but censoring common uswanted words should make things much more unfunny to Spammers
    Cheers