[FUN/MECH] Sploderrows v2.0- Fire and explosive arrows [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by cowman24, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Offline

cowman24

Sploderrows:
    Version: v2.0 [733]
    Allows usage of exploding arrows and fire arrows.

[cake]Version 2.0![cake]

I'm excited to bring a total of 5 new features, 5 mechanics updates, and bug fixes.
    Everything new will be explained in more detail in its own spoiler as I write them, this is just to list everything new.

NEW in 2.0:
    • Permissions! (In more than one way!)
    • Hunterrows !(or hunt arrows, still deciding on that, if you have a better name for what they do tell me, I might change it)
    • Protected Area!
    • Detonators!
    • [type]price replaces [type]cost and currencyitems.
    • [flintnsteel] gets used when set as a price.
    • Separated out tactical arrows to be a subset of each type instead of only sploderrows.
    • Independent triggering for tactical arrows.
    • LESS LAG! I probably should have put this higher up on the list.
    • Added tacticalradius setting, acts like fireradius but for tactical subset of fire arrows.
    • I didn't feel like commenting out an attempt at area selection wands so now there is a super secret surprise command that works but wasn't working well enough for me to include it in the update. [creeper]
    • Anything that you notice is different that I have not listed here is also in the update, however if said difference screws you over you can safely assume its a bug, and will be fixed.
    Tactical Arrows:
    Show Spoiler

Explode when you trigger them later.
    You can use a left click with the item you fired them with to trigger them, or a detonator.
    You can fire these by sneaking while shooting any type of arrows.
    Tactical arrows behave differently than normal arrows in other ways.
    Generally this difference is that default power is reduced.
    Actually its the only way besides the trigger ability.

Hunterrows:
    Show Spoiler

These are special arrows that you can use for safe hunting, without making the area you are hunting in an eyesore or causing alot of lag.
    They dont destroy blocks, only hurt entities, however they dont make a sound, as other explosions would. They also dont make special effects, which is great for anti lag.

Permissions:
    Show Spoiler

The base permissions node is sploderrows
    the next level contains sploderrows.bows and sploderrows.splode and sploderrows.det
    splode is for /splode commands
    bows is for firing bows
    det is for detonators permissions

bows permissons are as follows:
    bows.fire
    bows.splode
    bows.hunt

splode permisssions:
    splode.save
    splode.reset
    splode.set
    splode.get
    splode.help
    splode.reload
    splode.listvar

det permissions:
    det.make

there is only one det permission, but soon more

Protected Areas:
    Show Spoiler

Right off the bat I should tell you all you MUST have at least 1 protected area for it not to crash, here is a fixer yml file.

Code:
    Areas:
        fix: world:0.0:0.0:0.0:0.0

Detonators:
    Show Spoiler

To make a detonator, you place a sign, and make the first line in this syntax.
    [<type>] <name>
    type is H for hunterrows, S for sploderrows, and F for fire arrows.
    name is the name you choose for the detonator, not your name.
    the last 3 lines are for adding names, it will say they are not valid if the player is not logged on that you add. you MUST include the full name.
    Dont worry about adding yourself, you are defaulty on the members list.

On right click of the sign, all the tactical arrows of type <type> will be detonated for everyone in the members list. I will work on making the detonators bind to the actual sign and more members signs later.

You know it worked if you see COLORS!!

Everything else:
    Show Spoiler

Dependancies:
    • Permissions, for now
    • MultiVerse (compatible, not really dependent)

Features:

• Exploding Arrows
    • Tactical Arrows Subsets
    • Fire Arrows
    • Hunting Arrows
    • 11 Configurable Settings:
      • Splode Bow Item #
      • Fire Bow Item #
      • Hunt Bow Item #
      • Radius of fire created by Fire Arrows
      • Radius of fire created by Tactical Fire Arrows
      • Cost of Sploderrows in any item.
      • Cost of Fire Arrows in any item.
      • Cost of Hunterrows in any item.
      • Whether or not arrows can combust/explode mid-air
      • Force of Sploderrows/Hunterrows
      • Force of Tactical Sploderrows/Hunterrows
    • In game configurable
    • Out of game configuration file
    • Multi-World support + (+ only if you create worlds using /mvcreate)
    • Automatic configuration generation for all worlds
    • All commands are under a single /splode command, to make /help less cluttered.
    Download
    Don't have permissions? Download this instead!

Source Code

Directions:
    • Right click with the item assigned to SplodeBow to fire Sploderrows.
    • Right click with the item assigned to FireBow to fire Fire Arrows.
    • Right click with the item assigned to HuntBow to fire Hunterrows.
    • Right click while sneaking with any bow to fire the tactical version of that bow.
    • Left click to trigger your Tactical Arrows.
    • "/splode help" in-game for help with /splode commands.
    Bugs:

Show Spoiler

• Sploderrows don't emit a fuse as they are supposed to.
    • Protected Areas dont automatically add an entry, you have to add it yourself. Read the instructions in the protected areas spoiler.

TO-DO:
    • Fix bugs.
    • Make blocks be able to trigger a groups Sploderrows when powered by redstone.(?)
    • Make Tactical Sploderrows not despawn.
    • Video?
    • Dispenser support.
    Changelog:

Code:
    Version 2.0
    -Protected Areas
    -Hunterrows
    -Permissions
    -Detonators
    -Less Lag
    -Everything else
    Version 1.3
    -Auto-add new worlds
    -currencyItems setting
    -Added Worlds: node
    Version 1.2
    -Fixed the bug that was fixed in 1.1 in a way that did not crash the plugin.
    Version 1.1
    -Fixed a bug where if you didn't have a world named "world" it crashed.
    Version 1.0
    -Initial Release
    -Commented out a lot of code.

NB:
    Excessive amounts of arrows, explosion force, or fire radius WILL cause lag.

When submitting error reports via reply please make sure to include as much relevant information as possible, and make SURE you include console output, otherwise I can only help if the error is an extremely common problem that is easily fixed.

skillinazn likes this.
  2. Offline

cowman24

Its standard yml format. 4 spaces for each new node.

your world names should start at the same line as the d in Worlds.
    I really have been trying to, but this week and next are AP testing weeks, as well as I had an SAT this morning, so I've been awfully busy. Haven't had much time.
    So it used to work but now it doesn't? did Permissions change or something? Try adding another node for some other plugin that you know works. If that node doesn't work then maybe there's a formatting error.

3. Offline

Brvtvs

It used to work, now it doesn't. It isn't a YAML formatting issue, but it might be a roles issue seeing as that is fairly out of date. However, all my other subgroups work perfectly, so I am not sure what the issue could be.

4. Offline

cowman24

try adding an node like essentials.*, or try putting the sploderrows.splode.* and see if they can use /splode commands

5. Offline

thepackett

*download* :D

6. Offline

gmore70

Im stumped. Cant get this to work at all. Cant find any list in the above for commands. When I type in /splode commands I get nothing. When I type in /splode help I do get a list of meaningless commands that dont make any sense. Nothing like "turn on exploding arrows" or anything.

Im no dumb dumb. I have tons of mods on my bukkit server. I can code. But this one completely stumps me. I need some commands.

Details. Running Bukkit 766. Minecraft 1.5.2. I have group manager running. I am set a "admin" with my permissions setting more my group as *. I have tried adding each permission node as you list in your help file. I have no crash reports on my console. I have added a protected area based on the above in the area yml.

Maybe a quick list of in game commands. If there is a "trick" for installation other than install the Jar file, add those notes.

The mod sounds great, but I just cant get it to work.

7. Offline

Jaiph

Once installed exploding arrows should be on by default, you just need to have gunpowder in your hand and some arrows in your backpack. Right-click and it will fire one. Took me a while to work it out...at which point I right clicked whilst too close to a wall, boom dead :p

8. Offline

Ginger

Howdy, I'm pretty new to minecraft and started a server for my kids. We're having great fun with this mod, so thanks very much.

Is their more detail on defining a protected area in the areas.yml somewhere, or can anyone explain how to do it? Even an example would be helpful.

i.e. What does the following mean? What coordinates do I need to get (xyz?) and how do I arrange them?
    fix: world:0.0:0.0:0.0:0.0

Need help, my kids keep blowing my house up!!!:eek:
    Thanks,
    Ginger

9. Aw damn.. I thought it said "Spidercows" ! That would have been awesome !

10. Offline

kahlilnc

Does this have cooldowns?

11. Offline

Z0mb1n3

This looks really cool! Would you mind updating for build 818?

12. Offline

Keffjuh

I've tried this on my server.
    Didnt work .. tried shooting explodin' arrows.. didnt work either.
    Needs to be updated ?

13. Offline

Crafty Crafter

I am having a rather large problem with this plugin. I guess it needs to be updated.

Error:
    Code:
    [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Sploderrows v2.0 (Is it up to date?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at me.cowman94.sploderrows.Sploderrows.restoreAreas(Sploderrows.java:131)
            at me.cowman94.sploderrows.Sploderrows.onEnable(Sploderrows.java:162)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:125)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:750)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:253)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:134)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:112)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:219)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:146)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Version:
    Code:
    [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-766-g3fc0460-b818jnks (MC: 1.6.6)

14. Offline

cowman24

Me thinks you need to read the first post more thoroughly.

Also, sorry for being away so long, I got hit by a figurative truck of work.

For making a protected area you need to use the coordinates from the F3 screen, you press F3 and you get what avid players call the debug screen. The x and z coords are what you need. they go in max x : min x: max z: min z of your area

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  15. Offline

Jazy Lopez

For some reason the Permissions seem to be broken, Other players can't use the bows even though I tried adding every possible Permission node (sploderrows.bows.fire bows.fire bow.fire sploderrows.bow.fire splodearrows.bows.fire bows.* sploderrows.bows.* etc.)
    Could you give me the correct permissions (Maybe I'm typing them wrong) or fix them Please, I really like this plugin :D

Thanks

16. Offline

Joeyderijk

Make better tutorial for making the Detonators

17. Offline

Luckz

20:37:01 [SEVERE] Nag author: 'cowman94' of 'Sploderrows' about the following: onPlayerCommandPreprocess has been replaced with a new signature, (PlayerCommandPreprocessEvent)

18. Offline

Jazy Lopez

oh and The sign error is affecting signs from Essentials, Best if you fix it quickly :)

19. Offline

colin8696909

didn't work needs to be updated i think. :(

20. Offline

noahwhygodwhy

tried this when i did a command
    Code:
    18:59:31 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Sploderrows v2.0 (Is it up to da
    te?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at me.cowman94.sploderrows.Sploderrows.restoreAreas(Sploderrows.java:131
    )
            at me.cowman94.sploderrows.Sploderrows.onEnable(Sploderrows.java:162)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:125)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:799)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:253)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:140)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:118)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:345)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.commands.Commandreloadall.run(Commandreloadal
    l.java:19)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.commands.EssentialsCommand.run(EssentialsComm
    and.java:66)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onCommandEssentials(Essentials.jav
    a:446)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onCommand(Essentials.java:343)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:12
    8)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:2
    79)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:428)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:413)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    >
    any ideas?

21. Offline

Jazy Lopez

I searched your whole source and I couldn't find the permission nodes?...
    Please update, I get errors when using sploderrows or shooting entities... The error crashes sploderrows as preventing any of the other arrows from working...

22. Offline

Jazy Lopez

23. Offline

SplenectomY

This seems like a cool mod. Would be nice if it were updated.

24. Offline

ThesaurusRex84

Does this work with dispensers/can it work with only dispensers?

25. Offline

Arjan

hellyeah.

26. Offline

zibimucha

work on 1.8 ?