[FUN/MECH] PistonsExtended v1.4.0 Add Extra Functionality to Pistons [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by matter123, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Offline

matter123

PistonsExtended -Extend Your Pistons

Version 1.4.0

This plugin allows you to define pistons that are crushers that crush blocks and if you left click a piston with a slime ball you can toggle the pistons stickiness. To define a piston as a crush you attach a sign to the piston on any of the 5 sides that has the first line of [crush] & Place bedrock i block away from piston like so: P_[bedrock] where P is the Piston _ is the block you want to crush. The second third and fourth are used to define what blocks can and cannot crush anyone of the lines can have a [NOT]
    and that means that any of the data values on the sign are not to be crushed any and items that aren't on the list will be crushed an example sign would be

[Crush]​
    [NOT]​
    35,46,20​
    50,76,1​
    that sign would mean all blocks except for cloth,tnt,glass,torch,redstone torch, and stone can be crushed​
    ex image:​
    [​IMG]
    Change log:​
    Version 1.0:​
    • Public release
    Version 1.1:​
    • "Fixed" bug causing client crash
    • added ability to use the dash on signs ex 1-50 would crush everything from stone to torches​
    • you can now use obsidian instead of bedrock
    • if you place a chest where the bedrock is the crushed item ends up in the chest
    Version 1.2:
    • added auto option
    • added config
    • added dupe option line one [dupe] line 2 a single block or item id to dupe
    • chunks with pistons will now not unload
    • updated to CB 1000
    Version 1.3:
    • fixed NPE
    Version 1.3.1
    • should have fixed error with levers next to pistons
    Version 1.4:
    • early beta on auto fixed bug feedback is welcomed

2. Offline

Dyramisty

Sounds great, what piston events you working with? =D
    Updating as we speak.

@AlexCory21

Yup like he said or use falsebook and create your generator based on an automated ic clock, they always keep the chunk loaded. See my crappy video for details:

Better vid coming soon.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  3. Offline

matter123

@everyone -sorry if someone named everyone exist and i tagged you
    i updated to 1000
    added dupe sign is as follows
    [dupe]​
    5​
    or to dupe an item​
    [dupe]​
    278​
    added [auto] add a sign that says that and a lever to make it auto push when it has something to push​

4. Offline

Dyramisty

Hey man, after last update the pistons stopped crushing for me and the console spams me with:
    Could not pass event CHUNK_UNLOAD to PistonsExtended

5. Offline

srsdude

Can we please crush players? =3

<3

6. Ehh

"chunks with pistons will now not unload"

Wont that get out of hand quick? People will/can place a lot of Pistons quite easily. Is that really needed, and if not, can it be configurable.

7. Offline

matter123

@Joy its in the config file

8. Ok great, did not check, figured changelog would mention it :p

But what does it break if not used? As in, don't need to replace signs if a chunk has become unloaded I presume.

9. Offline

matter123

no its just if you watched the video made by @AlexCory21 it wasn't practical because the chunks unloaded

10. Ok. This just spammed me when loading the plugin with default/no configuring:

Code:
    17:08:36 [SEVERE] Could not pass event CHUNK_UNLOAD to PistonsExtended
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.matter123.PistonsExtended.WorldListener.onChunkUnload(WorldListener.java:14)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$49.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:584)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
            at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.unloadChunks(ChunkProviderServer.java:243)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1705)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:441)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

Happens with:
    KeepChunksWithPistonsLoaded: false
    KeepChunksWithPistonsLoaded: true

Both.

11. Offline

matter123

thanks i really needed that error message *note this is not sarcasm*

Warning due to serius flaws of 1.2 i reccomend you go back to 1.1 until such flaws are fixed

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

12. Offline

Dry_Taste

can you put a download link for 1.1 up?

13. Offline

Oxygene

+1 Only just downloaded this today and cause it wont work I'd love 1.1 to try out :p

14. Offline

matter123

1.3 is up i don't have the time to update main post but link points to 1.3
    notifying @Timothy Dixon
    if you want to on the notification list pm me with subject of Pistons Extended

15. Offline

Dyramisty

1.3 is working like a charm.

16. Offline

Natron77

Running 1.3 on CraftBukkit 1000, [auto] isn't working.
    I get this in my server window whenever I change anything around a piston with a lever:
    Code:
    18:09:59 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_PHYSICS to PistonsExtended
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlockState canno
    t be cast to org.bukkit.material.Lever
            at com.matter123.PistonsExtended.Auto$autoblock.getLever(Auto.java:83)
            at com.matter123.PistonsExtended.Auto$autoblock.onBlockPhysics(Auto.java
    :36)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$26.execute(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:420)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:332)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:445)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:432)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.update(World.java:401)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.setData(World.java:343)
            at net.minecraft.server.BlockLever.interact(BlockLever.java:154)
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.j
    ava:219)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:553)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    >
    Here's an image of how I have the piston set up:
    autoPistonBug.jpg

17. Offline

matter123

@Natron77 ok ill fix that asap

Updated fixed bug thanks Natron77
    alerting @Timothy Dixon

if you want to on the notification list pm me with subject of Pistons Extended

18. Offline

vinstic

Hi, I love your mod, but my world crash if I have this sign and add another block :
    [Crush]
    [NOT]
    And i cant get auto to work! I place a piston with a sign with [auto] and a lever beside, but it doesnt work at all :p I am new to this mod :)

19. Offline

matter123

ok
    im still working on auto

20. Offline

Infectedd

Feature suggest: a sticky piston can draw just as many blocks as it can push if a command is used on it

21. Offline

vinstic

What about this [NOT] sign, can you make anything about it?
    @Infectedd - I would also suggest that a sticky piston can draw many blocks, but the question is what the smartest way to do it is, but I like your idea :) But you need to write how many blocks it should drag on the sign... or something :)

And maby you could add so the items infront of the piston (items like cactus) can be pushed into a chast as well :D

22. Offline

Infectedd

@vinstic : how about using a command to define it? The plugin stores how many blocks a piston can draw back in a flatfile.

23. Offline

vinstic

It sounds great :D I hope matter123 can add that :D

24. Offline

matter123

@vinstic to fix it i would open your world in mcedit and delete the sign and until i can fix it don't write any signs with not and the id 3

25. Offline

vinstic

Good, but I always do backup so it is no problem :) I just write it to let you know about it :)
    What do you think about Infectedd´s idea? :D

26. Offline

matter123

@vinstic its good but i need to fix all the bugs first

27. Offline

Natron77

The error is no longer happening, but [auto] isn't working. No matter what I try, it is never pushing blocks automatically. I've placed the sign and lever on every side, etc.
    Other functions ([crush], etc) are working though.

28. Offline

matter123

i know im still trying to fix it.

29. Offline

Dyramisty

How things going man?

30. Offline

Cheeqow

it's looking nice . i'ill try it thanks

31. Offline

matter123

@Dyramisty everything is going fin ive just been forget to commit on my github if thats what your asking