[FUN/MECH] PistonsExtended v1.4.0 Add Extra Functionality to Pistons [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by matter123, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Offline

matter123

PistonsExtended -Extend Your Pistons

Version 1.4.0

This plugin allows you to define pistons that are crushers that crush blocks and if you left click a piston with a slime ball you can toggle the pistons stickiness. To define a piston as a crush you attach a sign to the piston on any of the 5 sides that has the first line of [crush] & Place bedrock i block away from piston like so: P_[bedrock] where P is the Piston _ is the block you want to crush. The second third and fourth are used to define what blocks can and cannot crush anyone of the lines can have a [NOT]
    and that means that any of the data values on the sign are not to be crushed any and items that aren't on the list will be crushed an example sign would be

[Crush]​
    [NOT]​
    35,46,20​
    50,76,1​
    that sign would mean all blocks except for cloth,tnt,glass,torch,redstone torch, and stone can be crushed​
    ex image:​
    [​IMG]
    Change log:​
    Version 1.0:​
    • Public release
    Version 1.1:​
    • "Fixed" bug causing client crash
    • added ability to use the dash on signs ex 1-50 would crush everything from stone to torches​
    • you can now use obsidian instead of bedrock
    • if you place a chest where the bedrock is the crushed item ends up in the chest
    Version 1.2:
    • added auto option
    • added config
    • added dupe option line one [dupe] line 2 a single block or item id to dupe
    • chunks with pistons will now not unload
    • updated to CB 1000
    Version 1.3:
    • fixed NPE
    Version 1.3.1
    • should have fixed error with levers next to pistons
    Version 1.4:
    • early beta on auto fixed bug feedback is welcomed

2. Offline

Dyramisty

I'll see what I can do, I know nothing about java, but am downloading the sdk now and see if I can compile it, I'm interested in learning java too actually so this'll be my kickoff =P

3. Offline

matter123

ok note that these builds are untested as such i will not support them if you have issues

4. Offline

Dyramisty

I'll back up and switch back to your supported build if I encounter any probs, could you update me on how to compile? I downloaded and installed the latest sdk but still it seems javac is an unrecognized command.

5. Offline

matter123

hmm did you add java to your build path also wait 1 minutes and ill be pushing 1.1.6 with permission support

6. Offline

Dyramisty

Add java to my build path? Oh man I understand you have no time helping out a Noob =P Although I learn pretty quick. I'll wait for 1.1.6
    Any chance you feel like teaching me those compiling basics, I'd be glad to help you test afterwards.

7. Offline

matter123

sure but i need to have breakfast also git is being annoying

8. Offline

Dyramisty

Take your time, I've re installed the latest SDK (This one right? http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javaee/overview/index.html) And then I open cmd, set the folder to the src and run "javac *.java" followed by "jar cf PistonsExtendedTest.jar *" .. The console tells me both javac and jar are unrecognized commands. Any idea?

9. Offline

matter123

yeah
    type echo %path% and tell me what it says

10. Offline

Dyramisty

It says:

Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\Common F
    iles\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft
     Shared\Windows Live;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\
    Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSyst
    em\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Techno
    logies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSSH\bin
    EDIT:
    I think you meant this:

Code:
    C:\Users\Dyramisty\Desktop\matter123-Pistons-Extended-65963a9\matter123-Pistons-
    Extended-65963a9\src>echo %C:\Users\Dyramisty\Desktop\matter123-Pistons-Extended
    -65963a9\matter123-Pistons-Extended-65963a9\src%
    %C:\Users\Dyramisty\Desktop\matter123-Pistons-Extended-65963a9\matter123-Pistons
    -Extended-65963a9\src%
    I got a little further (I think) When I run javac, it says this:

Code:
    C:\Users\Dyramisty\Desktop\matter123-Pistons-Extended-65963a9\matter123-Pistons-
    Extended-65963a9\src>C:\glassfish3\jdk\bin\javac *.java
    javac: file not found: *.java
    Usage: javac <options> <source files>
    use -help for a list of possible options
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  11. Offline

matter123

try javac com.matter123.PistonsExtended.* but im releasing 1.1.6 in a couple of hours after i check that config works

12. Offline

Dyramisty

Nah didn't work, I'll wait for 1.1.6

13. Offline

matter123

ok
    it will probly be 1.2

14. Offline

Dyramisty

U uploading anytime soon?

15. Offline

matter123

as soon as i test permissions work want to test it?

16. Offline

Dyramisty

Sure, need my email or something?

17. Offline

AlexCory21

OMG!!! Thank you matter123 for taking my idea and throwing it into the mod :) Below is a youtube video demonstrating the "unlimited cobblestone generator"

18. Offline

Dyramisty

Hey you got the 1.2 up yet? Btw, this dude above me made me have a great idea since I'm an official graphics designer and have medium knowledge of flash and video editing, I could make certain small tuts for your plugin if you'd like.

19. Offline

matter123

that would be awsome and yes i would like your emal to give so you can test 1.1.8

20. Offline

Dyramisty

Posted it on your private wall.

21. Offline

Vaupell

Thank you needed this since they removed the destruction ability of ice ;)
    lovely.

22. Offline

matter123

23. Offline

Dyramisty

Hey man,
    Testing results:
    1: I could use both Crush and Dupe without adding the nodes.
    And 2nd: Up on using the Duper my server restarts without any error message.

24. Offline

matter123

ok what did your sign look like?
    and ill get 1.1.9 in a couple of miniutes

25. Offline

Natron77

I already mentioned this as a plugin request: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/req-auto-pistons-activate-whenever-there-is-a-block-to-push.26641/

but it looks like it would be a great fit into your plugin.

I'd like to be able to put a sign on a piston (with a tag like [AUTO] or something) that would make that piston automatically become powered whenever there is a block in front of it to push (other than another piston, water, or lava since I would like to be able to auto push cobblestones made by water+lava).

26. Offline

matter123

ok sounds easy enough

actually in needs a lever on it too

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

27. Offline

Dyramisty

I used
    [Dupe]

Let me know when 1.1.9 is up.
    Btw, I'll be uploading a tut soon showing how to make a cobblestone generator in combination with falsebook, using a 3 sec delayed automatic clock.

28. Offline

matter123

ok
    well 1.2 will be a bit as i update dupe and add auto

29. Offline

Dyramisty

Alright man, when u uppin?

30. Offline

matter123

yeah well im performing a major rewrite of the code later today probably, as well as support for 1000

ok the rewrite is more major then i thought because there are piston events now 1.1 will infact work with 1000

31. Offline

7eggert

The nethrar plugin can keep chunks loaded.