[FUN/MECH] PistonsExtended v1.4.0 Add Extra Functionality to Pistons [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by matter123, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Offline

matter123

PistonsExtended -Extend Your Pistons

Version 1.4.0

This plugin allows you to define pistons that are crushers that crush blocks and if you left click a piston with a slime ball you can toggle the pistons stickiness. To define a piston as a crush you attach a sign to the piston on any of the 5 sides that has the first line of [crush] & Place bedrock i block away from piston like so: P_[bedrock] where P is the Piston _ is the block you want to crush. The second third and fourth are used to define what blocks can and cannot crush anyone of the lines can have a [NOT]
    and that means that any of the data values on the sign are not to be crushed any and items that aren't on the list will be crushed an example sign would be

[Crush]​
    [NOT]​
    35,46,20​
    50,76,1​
    that sign would mean all blocks except for cloth,tnt,glass,torch,redstone torch, and stone can be crushed​
    ex image:​
    [​IMG]
    Change log:​
    Version 1.0:​
    • Public release
    Version 1.1:​
    • "Fixed" bug causing client crash
    • added ability to use the dash on signs ex 1-50 would crush everything from stone to torches​
    • you can now use obsidian instead of bedrock
    • if you place a chest where the bedrock is the crushed item ends up in the chest
    Version 1.2:
    • added auto option
    • added config
    • added dupe option line one [dupe] line 2 a single block or item id to dupe
    • chunks with pistons will now not unload
    • updated to CB 1000
    Version 1.3:
    • fixed NPE
    Version 1.3.1
    • should have fixed error with levers next to pistons
    Version 1.4:
    • early beta on auto fixed bug feedback is welcomed

2. Offline

noahwhygodwhy

just a suggestion as i saw you were looking for ideas, in the original piston mod you could throw stuff with the pistons, including humans. maybe an option in the config to restore that feature? bring back the easy to make tnt cannons

3. Offline

matter123

hmm i could do that

4. Offline

noahwhygodwhy

thank you, every one on my server was disappointed when the pistons they had been waiting for didn't work like they wanted, they had the cannons already made besides the pistons, all the redstone, and structures were already made, then notch's pistons came out, and it all went to waste, they did have fun blowing up a statue of notch holding a piston though, they'll be ecstatic if i this plugin had that feature. And i'm sure many other people would as well, so thanks for considering it.

5. Offline

matter123

so though if you put sand on a piston and expand it wont fly but if a sand falls on the piston it will launch it

6. Offline

Dyramisty

When will 1.1 be coming? since I REALLY can't wait for the change of the length =D

7. Offline

matter123

well i cant get back to coding until Monday so maybe Wednesday

8. Offline

Dyramisty

I'll be looking forward to it :D

9. Offline

matter123

1.1 will have permission support

10. Offline

poiNt_3D

Can you make pistons able to push other opened pistons? It would be very useful for lifts, for example.

11. Offline

matter123

no i cant at least not until bukkit has a piston api

12. Had this sign:

[Crush]
    [NOT]

Placed cobble, got this error + client crash:

Code:
    11:40:14 [SEVERE] java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "NOT"
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:492)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:527)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at com.matter123.PistonsExtended.Crusher.canCrush(Crusher.java:180)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at com.matter123.PistonsExtended.Crusher.access$0(Crusher.java:129)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at com.matter123.PistonsExtended.Crusher$innerblocklistener.onBlockPhysics(Crusher.java:72)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$26.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:420)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:443)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:427)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.update(World.java:399)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.setData(World.java:341)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.BlockLever.interact(BlockLever.java:154)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.BlockLever.b(BlockLever.java:130)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.dig(ItemInWorldManager.java:76)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:457)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    11:40:14 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

13. Offline

matter123

thanks im trying to reproduce that now

14. Offline

SamuelDM

this sounds like its going to be great i think ill watch this thread

15. Offline

matter123

thanks @Joy i have no idea what is causing the crash but the error is because the spelling is [NOT] not [not] or [Not] etc

16. So why the error, when I did [NOT]?

17. Offline

matter123

im not sure are you sure it was spelled with caps and had brackets?

18. Offline

Dyramisty

Hey man! You still think you gonna make it on wednesday to release 1.1? =D [EXCITED]

19. Offline

matter123

20. Offline

Stefenatefun

This looks very nice, I'll be sure to try this plugin out on my server! :)

21. Offline

matter123

thanks

22. Offline

Firefox365

Would it be possible to add the launching part of the pistons from the original mod with this plugin in the future.

23. Offline

Stefenatefun

Do you mean Entity Flinging?

24. Offline

matter123

hopefully thats coming in 2.0

25. Offline

AlexCory21

random idea to think about. Would it be possible to push blocks into a chest? Like, instead of using bedrock you use a chest. and then when the block disappears add a block id to that chest. This idea would be awesome with a cobblestone generator lol :)

26. Offline

MG127

do you read the piston activation via redstone activation?
    but you should know that a piston could be activated indirectly
    if you activate a block beside the piston, the piston is also activated

27. Offline

matter123

@MG127 i check if the piston is powered or indirectly powered
    @AlexCory21 great idea

updated to 1.1 fixed all known bugs added two features

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  28. Offline

Dyramisty

Nice update man! You still thinking of making further extendable pistons?

29. Offline

matter123

yeah that should have been in 1.1 but data corruption prevented me

30. Offline

Dyramisty

Oh well, if you need a tester, I'm all yours.

31. Offline

matter123

yeah one thing you could test for is that the permissions work PistonsExtended.crush

I now have a github https://github.com/matter123/Pistons-Extended
    if you want the latest development version you can compile it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016