Inactive [FUN/MECH]MobCatcher v3.0.1 - Capture mobs and get spawn eggs legitimately[1.4.2-R0.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Malikk, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Offline

Malikk

theres not really a way to average it. You either pull the correct id number or you don't.

Basically, without rewriting the entire data system (which would take a very long time), I could either make it where if you stacked the eggs, they would loose their data (but it would pile up in the data file) OR I could make all the eggs in the stack use the data from ONE of the eggs (which would make colors, sheared, powered, tamed, etc. really unbalanced)

Neither is really a good idea. I think removing stackability was and still is a good decision.

2. Offline

diannetea

I guess I'll just make mywolf carry them

3. Offline

tangy777

it is apparently set to default that only OPs can catch mobs... how can i change that so everyone can catch them??

4. Offline

Malikk

By default everyone should be able to capture, you would have to have taken that permission away. OPs however, by default, have all captures for free, so everyone else needs to make sure they have the cost items as well

5. Offline

tangy777

thanks! is there any way i can get the premmission back?

it still wont work D=

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  6. Offline

Malikk

I've literally never had a person have a problem with this. By default, the permission is set to true, you shouldn't have to change it. Have you added any mobCatcher permissions at all for anything?

Another thing, if you have any plugins that would stop people from damaging mobs, that would cancel this plugin as well

7. Offline

tangy777

ok thanks! can you make it so that if you catch a certain type of sheep (like a red one) it will summon another red one? The people on my server are mad about this D= BTW great plugin! one of my favs

8. Offline

Malikk

This plugin already does that.

9. Offline

tangy777

sorry i'v been having so many problems D= im new to Bukkit.

there is probably a promblem with my computer or server... my friends still cant catch mobs with out being oped...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

Malikk

Its okay, there's a lot more information on BukkitDev than there is here. And they're trying to migrate over anyways. But generally, if you don't find what you're looking for here, check the BukkitDev Page, there's a little more information.

Are there any errors in your server console?

11. Its like pokemon

12. Offline

trout1212

Bro! You should make it so like if you make a cake [cake] and eat it [cake] you get an enderpearl! lol see what I did there? :D

13. Offline

Malikk

im not sure i follow your logic.

14. Offline

trout1212

LOL because EGGS are what you use to catch the mobs, if you put the EGGS in the CAKE then i guess you could say you "caught" yourself and could throw the enderpearl just like you would the SPAWNING EGG (caps lock is just for emphasis) :D

15. Offline

tangy777

you make not any no sence.

16. Offline

Malikk

I actually had a version a while back where you could capture players, but I never released it. lol

You do not make any sense.

lol ;)

17. Offline

tangy777

RELESE THE VERSION THAT YOU CAN CATCH PLAYERS!!!!

bleh -.- i deleted this and re-downloaded it and still only OPs can catch

18. Offline

Malikk

it was extremely hackish and I never finished it, lol. Basically how it worked tho was when you hit a player with an egg, they were turned invisible and were set as the passenger of the capturing player (like mobRider does, for example), then when you spawned them back, they were teleported to the block you clicked on and remade visible. There were a lot of loose ends, and it made the plugin a lot less efficient because I had to handle some different events. Mostly a novelty thing, lol

Have you changed any permissions for this plugin at all?

19. Offline

gabriel11798

Does the captured (hostile) mob act docile to you?

20. Offline

Malikk

no, when you spawn it back it behaves normally. I've been considering adding that as a feature, but I've taken on a couple of other projects

21. Offline

gabriel11798

Alright.

22. Offline

tangy777

nope, not at all

23. Offline

Malikk

Are there any messages in the server console or sent to the players trying to capture when it doesnt work? (assuming you havent disabled any messages)

24. Offline

trout1212

Would you mind doing that? :)

25. Offline

Malikk

I never finished it and it wouldnt be compatible with the plugin as it is now. So, sorry

26. Offline

Doobanator

PPPPPPPPEEEEEETTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSS

27. Offline

tangy777

YES! update!

sorry that this has nothing to do with this plugin, but does anyone know of a plugin that you can teleport offline player??? so the next time that offline player logs on he will be in a certain area? Please reply to this message if you have heard of one of these plugins... Im going to try to post this message on a few popular plugins so i can get this plugin... i need this plugin desparately so please reply to this message and give me a link to the plugin if you find one! Thank you so much for spending the time to read this :p Thanks!

28. Offline

Malikk

tangy777

I've not heard of such a thing. Should be pretty easy to make tho.

All you would need is a command to set the location the player will be teleported to when they log in, right?

Mind if I ask what this is for? lol

29. Offline

tangy777

Yeah... i got a plugin and i teleported to super far away... i went so far that the chunks wouldn't load anymore... and now i can't go into my accout (on the server) it froze my computer and lagged it all up. If i try to log on to that server (mine) it will shut down the server... can't go onto it. if you find this plugin please tell me! Thanks!

30. Offline

Malikk

tangy777

I think there's an easier solution for you.

Move the folder for the world your player is in outside of your server folder, then run your server. It will either spawn you in a different world or generate a new one, it doesn't matter. Once your player spawns correctly, drop the removed world back into your server folder and you should be good to go.

Unless you've got some corrupted data files, then I might have you delete some stuff