[FUN] LevelUp v0.3 - Adds levels/experience and perks to Minecraft [766]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by dgahimer, May 12, 2011.

1. Offline

dgahimer

Plugin: LevelUp - A plugin to add levels and experience for certain tasks to Minecraft
    Version: 0.3

LevelUp allows players to gain experience from various activities, gain levels, and use those levels to acquire perks to aid certain skills.

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    Source

Features:
    * Gain experience from mining, de-foresting, and digging
    * Track levels gained from experience
    * Use levels to gain perks (currently the perk is static: players have a (1 - .995^(level - 1))% chance of instantly destroying blocks )
    * Permissions support

Install:
    * Always back up your server. Always. For this plugin, for other plugins, even if you aren't using plugins. Back up your server.
    * Download LevelUp.rar from the above Mediafire link
    * Extract the .rar to the plugins folder
    * If desired, navigate to plugins/LevelUp and open block_xp.prop in your favorite text editor. Change the numbers to change how much experience each block is worth
    * Currently, the amount of XP needed to reach a given level is found by the formula: XP = 10,000 * level

Commands:
    Code:
    /levelup [username] - When used without an argument, /levelup sends the XP and level to the player who
        calls the command. If the caller is not a user, it tells the user that the command may not be used.
        With an argument, it returns the level and XP of the username sent
    Permissions:
    * levelup.command -- a user with this permission is able to use the command above
    * levelup.level -- a user with this permission is able to gain experience
    * levelup.perk -- a user with this permission is able to user level perks

MySQL Support:
    The "properties.prop" file has 7 mandatory fields and 2 optional fields that need to be filled out to use a MySQL database. The fields are:
    - * use-database= If this field is true, the server tries to use a database

* database-type= In this field, you need to input the database software you are using. Currently, MySQL is the only software supported

* database-host= This is the host name of the SQL server you are using

* database-port= This is the port number of the SQL server (default is 3306)

* database-name= This is the name of the database you with to use

* database-user= This is the username you wish to use with the SQL server

* database-password= This is the password you with to use with the SQL server

* database-table-chars= This is the name of the table you wish to use for characters (default levelupcharacters)

* database-table-blockxp= This is the name of the table you wish to use for block xpl (default levelupblockxp)

For those of you who have previously used my plugin or who start without using a database and proceed to implement a DBMS solution, it will automatically convert from file to a database. This will delete your files once added to the database. Remember what I said about backing everything up earlier? I highly recommend you do that. If this ruins any characters, I apologize, but in my admittedly brief testing, it worked flawlessly.

Changelog:
    v3.0
    * Added support for MySQL

v0.2b
    * Reworked leveling algorithm. It now takes (20000 * level)xp to reach the next level

v0.2
    * Added functionality to track blocks placed by users to prevent farming ores
    * Removed the ability to instantly destroy blocks the user interacts with (buttons, doors, levers, etc.)

v0.1
    * Added levels, experience, Permission support, and level perks

TODO:
    * Add more perks, and allow the user to choose between them (with the server-configurable choices on whether to allow or disallow the possible perks)
    * Add "give xp" and "remove xp" commands
    * Add support for more dbms's
    * Multiworld support
    * Feel free to make suggestions

Thanks for reading this far!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
    ssdx123 likes this.
  2. Offline

keithhhhhh

Up to you of course but, can u make it to where u need a certain lvl to break a certain block type instead of breaking blocks extreamly fast, i use the secretdoor plugin and would hate to have someone break a block they shouldnt

3. Offline

alex123099

Code:
    16:27:37 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_DAMAGE to LevelUp
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at me.dgahimer.LevelUpBlockListener.onBlockDamage(LevelUpBlockListener.j
    ava:100)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$27.execute(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:390)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:289)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callBlockDamageEvent(C
    raftEventFactory.java:180)
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.dig(ItemInWorldManager.java:8
    7)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:438)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:196)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:372)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:287)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    16:27:37 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_BREAK to LevelUp
            at me.dgahimer.Character.convertOldCharacters(Character.java:72)
            at me.dgahimer.Character.updateLevel(Character.java:125)
            at me.dgahimer.Character.<init>(Character.java:43)
            at me.dgahimer.LevelUpBlockListener.onBlockBreak(LevelUpBlockListener.ja
    va:54)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$34.execute(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:432)
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.d(ItemInWorldManager.java:156
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.b(ItemInWorldManager.java:118
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:441)
    16:27:37 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_DAMAGE to LevelUp
            at me.dgahimer.LevelUpBlockListener.onBlockDamage(LevelUpBlockListener.j
    ava:100)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$27.execute(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:390)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callBlockDamageEvent(C
    raftEventFactory.java:180)
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.dig(ItemInWorldManager.java:8
    7)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:438)
    >

not working

4. Offline

Masterflapdrol

You could make another plugin that can spawn experience orbs. like /experience [playermane] [amount] and than that amount of experience will pop up around his head. that would be fun :p

5. Offline

BCTsurvival

6. Offline

Cyteq

7. Offline

Ametz

I get this when i type in bukkit command prompt:
    And i see that the:
    player_char.dat
    File is empty, Do i need to add something to that file myself?

Ooh, and i dont get any EXP for mining eighter...
    I added: STONE=2000 in block_xp.prop to see if someting happens, but it dont..