[FUN] IonCannon V1.3.1 [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Xesxen, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Offline

Xesxen

Note: It seems that i can't edit the title at the moment. It IS compatible with build 1185!

Ioncannon
    Version: v1.4

Since I had some free time, i decided to port this amazing hMod plugin to Bukkit. This amazing plugin fires a sort of lazer, which will explode. (This is called an Ion Cannon)

Requirements:
    • Permissions. Players need to have the permission 'ioncannon.fire' to be able to load and fire the cannon.
    • If you don't have Permissions, then you must have OP rights in order to be able to fire the cannon.
    How to use it:

Use /ioncannon to load your cannon, then use your left mouse button to select a block and fire the cannon.
    You specify the width by using: /ioncannon <width>
    Make sure that another plugin doesn't stop TNT from exploding. It will fail.

You can reload the config with /ionreload. The configfile is located at /plugins/IonCannon/config.yml. On the first load of this plugin, it'll make a config file itself, so there's no need to do that yourself.
    The configfile looks like this:
    ioncannon:
    bordertype: 57
    logBlockType: false

Bordertype is the type of block which is used to cover the ioncannon. Currently, it's diamond, like in this sample. logBlockType logs the current borderType to the player if they do /ioncannon. That output will look like this:
    "Warning: Ion Cannon Primed.
    [....]
    Ioncannon fires with borderblock [borderType]"
    If you set this to true, then it'll display this line. It's default off.

Features:
    • Fires an Ioncannon
    Download the Ioncannon Plugin: Zip (Normal click) | Jar (Note: Right mouseclick -> Save as. If you don't do that, then you'll get a lot of crap)

Changelog:
    Version '1.4'
    • Introduced the config file with nodes: ioncannon.borderType and ioncannon.logBlockType
    • Made sure that it's compatible with build 1185
    Version '1.3.1'
    • Made it possible to use the cannon without Permissions (fallback)
    • Cleanup of the code
    • You get a nice "Access Denied" message when you don't have access to the command.
    Version '1.3'
    • Renamed the permission to 'ioncannon.fire'
    • Updated the plugin to build 953
    Version '1.2'
    • Added the creation of a fire block inside the TNT portion of the beam. This means the "beam" will explode.
    • Changed the " :: WARNING :: ION CANNON LOADED" and the like to nice colourful messages. Also, I made these messages broadcast to the entire server, not just you.
    • Compiled against a bundle of newer versions of things, if that even does anything.
    • Nothing else.
    Thanks to Crazyoldman

Version 1.1

• Fixed long constructor
    • Removed some debug code
    Version 1.0

• Public Release
    To Do:
    • Make diamond disappear after it blew up. <-- Now you can setup the borderType (block id). This can also help this, but it still needs to be done.

melis256 and Guest like this.
  2. Offline

dabram71

Yikes, the ultimate griefer tool! :O

3. Offline

Xesxen

Well, it isn't a griefer tool, since you need permissions (permissions plugin) or OP rights. This is more like a toy to play with for admins :)

4. Offline

Darkvoltage3

5. Offline

Xesxen

6. Offline

WardenWolf

I strongly, and I do mean STRONGLY recommend use of the NoLagg plugin if you use IonCannon. Otherwise your server will be brought to its knees by the TNT explosions and when attempting to transfer all the destroyed block entities as you approach the area of destruction. The difference is between night and day. It's practically a requirement. If you use NoLagg, you will indeed get no lag from the Ion Cannon.

7. Offline

bananapie62

hey i get this error with the plugin when i load it

Code:
    2012-10-18 08:41:57 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\Ioncannon V1.4.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/event/player/PlayerListener
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:152)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:305)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:230)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:223)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:199)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManagerAbstract.<init>(ServerConfigurationManagerAbstract.java:50)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(SourceFile:11)
        at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:377)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:539)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/event/player/PlayerListener
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:44)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:29)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at nl.xesxen.IonCannon.IonCannon.<init>(IonCannon.java:21)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:148)
        ... 9 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.event.player.PlayerListener
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:34)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:29)
        ... 28 more
    2012-10-18 08:41:57 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-6"
    2012-10-18 08:41:57 [SEVERE] org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.com.google.gson.JsonParseException: Date is not formatted correctly
    2012-10-18 08:41:57 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.updater.BukkitDLUpdaterService$DateDeserializer.deserialize(BukkitDLUpdaterService.java:97)
    2012-10-18 08:41:57 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.updater.BukkitDLUpdaterService$DateDeserializer.deserialize(BukkitDLUpdaterService.java:90)
    2012-10-18 08:41:57 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.com.google.gson.TreeTypeAdapter.read(TreeTypeAdapter.java:59)
    2012-10-18 08:41:57 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:93)
    2012-10-18 08:41:57 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:176)
    2012-10-18 08:41:57 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:755)
    2012-10-18 08:41:57 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:694)
    2012-10-18 08:41:57 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.updater.BukkitDLUpdaterService.fetchArtifact(BukkitDLUpdaterService.java:51)
    2012-10-18 08:41:57 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.updater.BukkitDLUpdaterService.getArtifact(BukkitDLUpdaterService.java:28)
    2012-10-18 08:41:57 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.updater.AutoUpdater$1.run(AutoUpdater.java:77)
    2012-10-18 08:41:57 [SEVERE] Caused by: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "2012-09-28T20:34:43"
    2012-10-18 08:41:57 [SEVERE]    at java.text.DateFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
    2012-10-18 08:41:57 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.updater.BukkitDLUpdaterService$DateDeserializer.deserialize(BukkitDLUpdaterService.java:95)
    2012-10-18 08:41:57 [SEVERE]    ... 9 more

Please tell me how to fix it.

8. Offline

Xesxen

Hmm... Seems like that bukkit is handling the plugins different now. I'll try to fix this.

I wonder how it could be that Ioncannon 1.4 had survived so long without any patch.

Here it is: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/ioncannon/files/4-ioncannon-v1-5/
    A little warning: Permissions has been replaced with PermissionsEx. If you want to use another permissions system, then tell me and I'll implement it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016