Inactive [FUN] GolfCraft v1.5.3 - Play golf with a bow and golf(snow)balls! [1.2.5-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Musaddict, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Offline

Musaddict

2. Offline

jeffro1001

Good news!

I've found a work around for the limbo issue.

It will require the PlugMan addon though.

Once a user gets bugged, have everyone that is currently golfing do the /golf command ( to exit golf mode )
    Have the user log out of the server.

Run /plugman reload GolfCraft

When they log back in again, they will be able to golf.

It's a bit of a hassle but not as much as having to bounce the entire server.

Hows School / job going Mus?

3. Offline

Musaddict

Glad to hear there's a workaround

Lets just say I'm working 60 hours weeks (school + work), and volunteering 15 hours every weekend.

I need a little something to take my mind off, so I'll update GolfCraft to 1.2.5-R3.0 :p

4. Hi Musaddict, this is a really awesome plugin you have! I am currently attempting something similar (with basketball), and I was wondering how specifically you altered the velocities of the golfballs. If you could show me any source code, that would be awesome (I won't copy it, just look for inspiration). If not that's okay, and I totally understand. Again awesome plugin.

5. Offline

Musaddict

TBH, it's one of those "i'm not sure why it's working, but it is." things, lol. Has to do with converting the players yaw, and then using bow force to calculate the magnitude of the yaw. Beyond that, idk if my code can help you, cause it's kinda jerryrigged, lol.

6. Offline

turkey2349

how do you delete a hole you've created?

7. lol ok, I understand what you're saying.. I think I figured out my problem.

EDIT:
    on second thought, I'm wondering if you created a custom entity for the golf ball, and if so, how you created a new instance of it. I have a class Basketball which extends EntitySnowball from net.minecraft.server, but whenever I try to spawn it I get errors.

8. Offline

Musaddict

You'd have to ask Feed_Dante about that one, if he remembers :p Took him and I a good many hours to get it working properly.

islendingabok_team likes this.
  9. Offline

Ryu576

can You Make A video How To Place It PLz