[FUN/GEN/MISC] WeatherSigns v0.3 - Change the weather and time with signs [iConomy 5] [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by badbh222, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Offline

badbh222

WeatherSigns - Change the weather and time with signs.
    Version: 0.3

Description:

WeatherSigns is a plugin requested by @Jordan White who wanted to be able to make signs that would let users change the weather and time at the cost of iConomy credits, this is simply that, it does also work without iConomy.

Basic Usage:

Drop "WeatherSigns.jar" in the "plugins" directory and restart the server or reload the plugins.
    Then, edit your Permissions config files and give your users whatever permissions you want, listed below.

After the initial setup, go ingame and create a sign with the first line "[WeatherSign]" and the second line "Weather" or "Time".
    Depending on what you want that sign to change, if you put "Weather" on the second line, you need to type either: "Sun", "Rain", "Snow", or "Storm" on the third line, if you don't, the sign just won't work.
    Otherwise, if you put "Time" on the second line, you need to type either: "Dawn", "Day", "Dusk", "Night", or a number between 0 and 24000 for a custom time.
    The fourth line only matters if you have iConomy installed, as this is the cost to use the sign.
    You have to type a number, which is allowed to have a decimal place if you want, this cost will be taken from the player when they change the weather or time through a WeatherSign.

Once you have created the sign and have permission, the first line will turn green to show it is active, if someone tries to bypass having the correct permissions by typing "&a[WeatherSign]" to fake an active sign, it will turn red, disabling the sign, which will not work when someone clicks it.

Now that the sign is enabled, you (or anyone else with permission) can just right click it to change the weather or time and if you have iConomy enabled, the cost you put on the sign will be taken from your balance.

Sign Overview:

[WeatherSign]
    Weather // Time
    Sun / Rain / Snow / Storm // Dawn / Day / Dusk / Night / 0-24000
    iConomy Cost​

Permissions:

This plugin was built against Permissions 3, but should work fine on 2.x.

• Create WeatherSigns - This permission node is needed to create WeatherSigns
      • 'weathersigns.create'
    • Destroy WeatherSigns - This permission node is needed to destroy WeatherSigns
      • 'weathersigns.destroy'
    • Use WeatherSigns - This permission node is needed to use WeatherSigns
      • 'weathersigns.use'

iConomy:

This plugin was built against iConomy 5, I have no clue if it will work on older versions, but I doubt it...

I personally don't use iConomy, so if it breaks, I won't know about it, so please report it to me. :)

Features:
    • (0.1 - 0.3) Change the weather and time easily with signs.

Download:

WeatherSigns.jar - Hosted by Dropbox [diamond]

Known Problems:
    • Possibly any sign changing plugins, as the way this plugin checks enabled signs is just by the green first line...

Possible Features:
    • Cost bypass permission node/Op status?
    • Different Economy plugin support?

Changelog:

Version 0.3
    • Public(ish) release
    • Cleaned up the code a little bit.
    Version 0.2
    • Completely rewrote the plugin.
    Previous Versions (open)

Version 0.1
    • Initial release. [diamond]

cvxx7q likes this.
  2. Offline

md_5

Long time no see badbh222. You will notice that this thread has now been placed into the Inactive Plugin subforum.
    If you wish to revive this plugin, please ensure that you update and test compatibility with the latest recommended Bukkit build before reporting your original post, asking for it to be moved back to the release forum.

Thanks for your time.
    md_5