Inactive [FUN] EggRenade [1.2.3] - Grenades for bukkit [1.2.3-R0.1] -- RERELASED! After months of inactivity!

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by microapple, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Offline

microapple

EggRenade - The Grenade plugin
    Version: 2.0

This thread will no longer be updated. This project has been moved to this bukkit dev page.

Even wanted to chuck a grenade at your inferior-looking house in minecraft? Now you can!

Features:
    • Eggs can now be grenades!
    • Toggle-able command to turn on and off grenades.
    • Permissions Support!
    Download EggRenade!
    View Source

Usage:
    1. Have access to 'egg.renade' (if permissions is enabled) or be an op (if the server doesn't have permissions)
    2. Type '/grenade' to toggle on egg grenades.
    3. Throw an egg or two at your target and watch as the egg explodes a couple seconds after impact! (Be careful where you're aiming!)
    Permission Node:
    - egg.renade
    This permission node gives access to '/grenade'.

- egg.moltov
    This permission nod gives access to '/moltov'.

I'd like to extend a special thank you to all the wonderful people on #bukkitdev. This plugin wouldn't be out for weeks (if ever) without their help! Thanks guys!

Todo:
    • Optional 'Cool down'
    • Require you to buy grenades (iConomy support)
    • Logging to server who threw a grenade and where
    • Whatever else people want!
    Changelog:

Version 1.7.1
    • Support for CraftBukkit build 733 (MC 1.5_02)
    Version 1.7
    • Added a Default On option for grenades.
    • Added moltov cocktails (/moltov) with permission node egg.moltov (Yes, I know I spelled it wrong :p)
    Version 1.6.1
    • Added support for non-whole TNT yields. (Such as 0.5)
    Version 1.6
    • Added configurable TNT Yield (Equivalent TNT Explosion size)
    • Added configurable delay (In seconds)
    Version 1.5
    • Added permissions support
    Version 1.0
    • Release

Rwembee, ACStache and Jany95 like this.
  2. Offline

thepackett

When i said multiworld support i meant turning it on and off depending on the world.
    sorry for the bad wording ^^'

3. Offline

MineralMC

+1 to iConomy support. I would love a 'explode on impact' toggle as well. Makes leveling high up areas a lot of fun - even considering incorporating it into my spleef matches.

4. Offline

Liger_XT5

I love the idea! Could it be possible to configure it that it throws a normal egg when you are standing, but when you are crouching (sneaking) it's a grenade instead?

@thepackett
    If you set the permission node for only one world and not the other, then you have what you are wanting.

5. Offline

thepackett

6. Offline

microapple

Yep, this will be in the next release. You'll just set the delay to 0.

Cool idea, I'll see what I can do.

7. Offline

Liger_XT5

@microapple Thanks! That would make combat easier when you see a creeper and want to give it a taste of its' own medicine. :p

8. Offline

microapple

I'm back from vacation and have finished version 1.6. I have only tested it a little bit, and once I'm sure it's good, I'll post it. (Probably 6pm PDT ish) This version lets you set the TNT Yield and Delay Time. 1.7 will have iConomy support.

9. Offline

microapple

*Released 1.6*
    -Added configurable TNT Yield (Equivalent TNT Explosion size)
    -Added configurable delay (In seconds)

I'm now working on iConomy support.

10. Offline

spowney

Download link not working?

It seems a little overpowered to me at the moment, I guess thats the tnt's fault.

is there anyway you can do half the damage of 1 tnt block? or basically scale it backwards to a fraction of a tnt's power.

Also, I tried firing at a tree and it doesn't seem to work, either firing at the wood or the leaves. Firing at the dirt at the bottom of the tree works just fine I think.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  11. Offline

TankFox

Go to the configuration, adjust the yield :)

SOOO AWESOME! Check out HigherExplosions too, there seems to be a certain synergy between these two mods, for example, even though NOW the yeild factor in EggRenades seems to be overriding the enhanced blast radius I have configured in HigherExplosions, the setting I have in HE to make it so that no blocks drop on explosion still seems to be in effect.

12. Offline

spowney

Thanks for the reply! I'll give it a whirl. We were trying using Blastcontrol, but that seemed to disable block damage with grenades altogether.

OK we tried using a fraction value such as 0.5 in the TNT Yeild option but we get no damage from the eggs now. Still get an explosion noise though.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

13. Offline

microapple

Hmm... I think I know the problem. At the moment the plugin rounds whatever the value placed as the yield down, so if you put .5, it would round to 0. Sorry about this, bukkit DOES accept partial numbers as the explosion yield, and I WILL allow you to set the yield to .5. I'll try to fix this before tomorrow.

14. Offline

spowney

Thanks loads for your help. This plugin is the most fun I've had on minecraft for a while. Cant wait to implement it.

For the future (not that you havnt done enough for us already).

I know you mentioned the snowball event, presumably slime is in there too somewhere.

Rather than just being able to change the item id to snowball or slime for the grenade, maybe you can have two grenade types with different yields for each. A bit of variety. I can have a weak a normal and a powerful one then all of different rarities. :D

AWESOME PLUGIN!

Oh yeah sorry to bother again, can the enable /grenade be persistant or automatic or global?

It's a little bother to enable it every time, I'm probably going to limit the drop of eggs, so if the guys forget to /grenade they will waste their egg.

15. Offline

microapple

Yeah. Currently only snowballs and eggs can be thrown. Also, at the moment, bukkit only supports events for eggs, which is why the plugin is with eggs. When/if slimeballs or snowballs get supported, I'll definitely add them. :)

I'm not sure I understand. Do you want the ability to make it so by default everyone throws a grenade whenever they throw an egg?

16. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Slime is not throwable at present.

17. Offline

microapple

*Released 1.6.1*
    -Added support for non-whole TNT yields. (Such as 0.5)

18. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Oh, so you're using the strange Minecraft versioning system. Interesting.

19. Offline

2Bucks

Can we get grenades to only take down player health/monster health but not damage structures?

20. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

If that's what you want, you could just disable the plugin and you'd have it! Though eggs only do half a heart of damage.

21. Offline

microapple

On second thought, I'll just do x.x.x

22. Offline

spowney

Nice one, testing this now!

Yes, thats exactly what I mean. By default an egg is a grenade so we don't have to type /grenade everytime we log in. Maybe an option in the config. Default on = true.

Again, thanks a lot for the speedy development :)

23. Offline

spowney

any word on the /grenade being enabled by default when we log in?

24. Offline

microapple

Yes, that will be available in the next release.

Also coming in the next release: Moltovs. :D

*Released 1.7*
    -Added a Default On option for grenades.
    -Added moltov cocktails (/moltov) with permission node egg.moltov (Yes, I know I spelled it wrong :p)

This release added some new things to the config file, so you should delete the old one so EggRenade adds an updated one.

25. Offline

SharkWipf

Heh, this plugin makes a perfect combo with the Weatherman plugin's 'on-click thunder' :p
    I like this plugin. It just gives an error when trying to en/disable it while in the non-default world, and it errors when trowing an egg there too, though it will still work. I cannot access the console right now, but when I can, and have the time to play Minecraft, I will post it here.

Keep up the good, and amusing work :D

26. Offline

microapple

*Released 1.7.1*
    -Support for CB 733 (Please make me aware of any bugs!)

27. Offline

Skyve

Is it possible to make it work with dispensers? Trying to find a portable cannon alternative to use with Movecraft vehicles.

28. Offline

microapple

It might be possible, and once things cool down a bit with the server I'm hosting, I'll look into it.

29. Offline

Rowtag

Grenade doesn't work with 733 on my Server, moltov works!

30. Offline

lukedelong

would it be possible to make this where the eggs only act as grenades within a set area?

31. Offline

KingViper

Yes I would like to see that also because right now I use eggrenades in my PvP warzone arena.