Inactive [FUN/ECON]MonsterHunt v1.5.1 - Who kills most mobs? [1.1-R4]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by matejdro, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Offline

matejdro

MonsterHunt

Are your players building at day, but bunker into their houses, when night comes? Make them hunt monsters!

This plugins adds another layer of fun against monsters. It's absolute must have, if you have monsters turned on.

At night, when monsters come out, plugin will count how many monsters each player kills. At the end of the night, name of the player with most kills is announced globally.

Additionally, you can enable reward to add another way of gathering stuff to the server or to simply motivate players to hunt monsters.

(BIG thanks to @Samkio for the video)

See BukkitDev page for more information and download links: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/monsterhunt/
    (you can use your minecraft forum username and password on BukkitDev)

2. Offline

Stephen92

does anyone have 0.2.2 or 0.2.1 they can send me I deleted mine on accident lol and I dont wanna update to the newest one as it breaks all my plugins and I dont wanna update my bukkit.

3. Offline

matejdro

Wait, you are using older bukkit versions, because it breaks your plugins? Or you are using older MonsterHunt, because it breaks your plugins?

4. Offline

averad

Using CB304 I received the following error, plugin still seems to be running.

Code:
    SEVERE: Could not pass event ENTITY_DEATH to MonsterHunt
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.matejdro.bukkit.monsterhunt.MonsterHuntEntity.onEntityDeath(MonsterHuntEntity.java:60)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$40.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:328)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:60)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:214)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.f(EntityPlayer.java:99)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.a(EntityLiving.java:387)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.a(EntityHuman.java:288)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.a(EntityPlayer.java:125)
            at net.minecraft.server.Entity.r(Entity.java:238)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.r(EntityLiving.java:109)
            at net.minecraft.server.Entity.b_(Entity.java:166)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.b_(EntityLiving.java:225)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.b_(EntityHuman.java:48)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.n(EntityPlayer.java:134)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:207)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:72)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:317)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

5. Offline

Stephen92

6. Offline

KrisEike

MonsterHunt is so bugged i can't stand it any longer. It keeps spamming me with "the hunt starts" and "the hunt has ended" at wrong times, at right times. It spams the same thing 5 times, and is just downright annoying.
    The plugin didn't work properly either, we were given no rewards for winning, we didn't even win, the hunt kept going in the day.

So, i am deleting MonsterHunt for now. It's a great plugin, but when it doesn't work, i won't use it. =/
    Tell me when you've got it all fixed and sorted out, i'll be sure to download it. =)

And yes, i downloaded the newest file.

Kris

7. Offline

Solaris765

i second this. been using it for awhile but its too much trouble then its worth as of yet

8. Offline

ndoto

I love the MonsterHunt plugin and hate to add another problem onto the list at the moment, but after updating to CraftBukkit build 312, I'm getting strange behavior whenever the hunt is about to either commence or finish - the raw /time begins to print out in global chat for everyone to see in intervals of 80. I have no idea what might be causing this, and it seems like the rest of the plugin is working fine for me (as far as I can tell, anyway) except for this bit.

I love this plugin, and I'm looking forward to the next version! Please let me know if there's any info I can provide to help you out in tracking this bug.

9. Offline

matejdro

This is debug line that i forgot to remove :S

But actually, that can help. You said, that you get this every 80 seconds? Only time, nothing more?

10. Offline

Stephen92

can u please upload the older versions so people like me that dont wanna update atm can use them?

11. Offline

KrisEike

Did you fix it then? 'cause if you did, i'll download it again! =D

Kris

12. Offline

matejdro

I think it's that one.

I don't keep archive of versions, but luckily Dropbox do.

Attached Files:

13. Offline

KrisEike

Going to try. I'll let you know if it works.

14. Offline

Junubee

MonsterHunt spewed out an error when my wife attacked a Ghast in another world while the hunt was going on. I don't know if it caused any problems or not, because while copying the error Ctrl-C closed the server. Whoops!

Aside from this error, everything has worked perfectly, thanks again for making this.

Code:
    SEVERE: Could not pass event ENTITY_DAMAGEDBY_PROJECTILE to MonsterHunt
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.matejdro.bukkit.monsterhunt.MonsterHuntEntity.onEntityDamageByProjectile(MonsterHuntEntity.java:41)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$39.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:323)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:60)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:214)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityArrow.b_(EntityArrow.java:170)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1059)
            at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.a(WorldServer.java:55)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.f(World.java:1041)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.c(World.java:1018)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:313)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

15. Offline

KrisEike

Ok, i tried it, and nothing worked except the /hunt command. =/

I hope you can find a version that works, or fix the newest one.

Kris
    --- merged: Feb 12, 2011 4:51 PM ---
    WOHO! NEWEST VERSION WORKS! =D *happy dance of happiness*

Kris

16. Offline

matejdro

Attached file was version for Stepen92, who wanted old version.

Something here is not right...

In your post before:
    And now:
    I haven't changed anything between these two posts :)

17. Offline

KrisEike

Yeah, small update... it's messed up again xD I re-installed it, and now it won't work properly again.

I tried making it give out MONEY instead of diamonds, but it keeps giving diamonds, and it spams the ABOUT TO START line with some interesting numbers at top.

Like:

STARTING HUNT

STARTING HUNT

I get this three times in a row, and the numbers are always different, varying from 7000 t0 7090

Any idea how to fix?

Kris

18. Offline

matejdro

Uploaded new version with debug lines removed.

Sorry about that.

19. Offline

KrisEike

No problem. =)

Testing it out now. =)

Kris
    --- merged: Feb 12, 2011 7:07 PM ---
    Still problems.. -.-
    It never ends.. just keeps going.

20. Offline

matejdro

Do you got any errors in console?

21. Offline

KrisEike

When i reload/start the server?
    Or when the night/day comes?

Kris

22. Offline

matejdro

Both.

@Junubee error seems to be connected with Ghasts, but it's probably not affecting the plugin much. Did your wife got a point when killing Ghast?

23. Offline

KrisEike

Let me re-install and check.
    --- merged: Feb 12, 2011 9:06 PM ---
    No errors when starting it.
    Waiting for night to end now. No failures yet.

Edit, it works now.. I didn't use /time day/night this time, so that might be why..

Check if /time commands mess it up, i think that might be why.

Kris

24. Offline

Mukrakiish

I just did some testing, even without /time fiddling all the mobs are turned off. Sometimes I'll get a broadcast message across all worlds.

Odd.

25. Offline

matejdro

@Junubee forgot Ghasts, i think i know what is causing the error. It won't affect your hunt.

That time is weird. I'm testing both normal waiting and quickly skipping with time commands and both works on my server :(.

I really need to look into this and make night/day detecting better.

26. Offline

KrisEike

Ok, how about this:
    Go into your MonsterHunt folder, and send me the text from message.properties AND the text from Monsterhunt.properties

I will copy them into mine, and see if it works with /time command.

Kris

27. Offline

matejdro

Well I'm testing with default properties files that MonsterHunt generates.

28. Offline

KrisEike

Okay, tell me how it goes.

Kris

29. Offline

matejdro

I mean, when I'm testing plugin, I'm testing with default properties most of the time. And timing works. So there is nothing to send.

30. Offline

Mattdk

Just wanted to confirm the debug printout with the latest version running CB 318 everything appears to work perfectly accept I get 3 time codes printed on the server before the hunt signup begins. They tend to always be 4 digits and in the 8-9000 range.

31. Offline

KrisEike

I finally got it to work.. =P

The thing is, you need to restart the whole server to update MonsterHunt properly, a reload won't do it. Also, when using /time it gets one more line each time you use /time.

Use /time one time and get two "hunt about to start" lines.
    Use /time two times, and get three "hunt about to start" lines.. and so on.

Thanks for the plugin! =D

Kris
    --- merged: Feb 13, 2011 1:23 AM ---
    Hey, btw.. can you tell me how to make the "hunt about to start" thingy with colours? I'd prefer that [SERVER] colour.. =P
    --- merged: Feb 13, 2011 2:05 AM ---
    Nvm, got the colours to work =)

Thanks for an awesome plugin =D

Kris