Inactive [FUN/ECON/DEV] uQuest v1.50 - Overly customizable quest system [793 - 602]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Hawox, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Hawox

As most of you can guess I have not worked on this plugin in a long time. I'm working full time at a grocery store as well as going to college. I literally have no time for sleep let alone Minecraft. Recently someone has contacted me saying they are working on my plugin. I appreciate his work and effort while I am away. This is a link to his topic. His download can be found at hawox.no-ip.info
    uQuest - Overly customizable quest system!
    German Questlist 5/16/11
    [​IMG]
    Coming Soon!
    Gui Questmaker (Heres a beta build!)
    Upload/download area for quests!
    mcMMO extension!

Team:
    Hawox
    Laxlux - New German quest list maintainer
    HiMyNameIsAJ - Creating a uQuest website
    Looking for:
    • Someone to make a nice looking website for uquest (Not my cup of java).
    • Someone to add MySql support.
    • Plugin attachment devs!
    • Someone with ideas on different quest types!
    • People to write some random quests to be thrown in the defaults!

-----------------------Plugin summery below this point-----------------------
    ~Comes preloaded with 53 quests!~

Support for: (You don't NEED any of these for the plugin to work.)
    Code:
    Permissions (but not needed!)
      -"uQuest.CanQuest.*" - Allows all these sub permissions
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.done"
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.amount"
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.stats'
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.info"
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.give"
        -"uQuest.CanDropQuest"

-"uQuest.CanReloadQuests" - Allows the use of /reloadquests
      -"uQuest.CanReloadQuestConfig" - Allows the use of /reloadquestconfig

iConomy (but not needed!)
     BOSEconomy (Again, not needed!)
     Essentials! (Again, not needed!)
    Alright here goes, theres a lot to cover so I may miss something on this first go threw! Want a better way to get money into your server economy that selling items to the server or random lottery's? Do you like QUESTS?!?! Do you want your users to compete to see who is a better quester? Then uQuest might be for you!

uQuest offers your users a simple way to quest! No need to walk miles and miles to a random NPC or click on some block at spawn. All they need to do is type '/uquest give' and uQuest will give them a random quest from it's database! A yml file is provided where you type out each quest for your users. That's right. YOU can decide how many quests there are, what they are, and how you want your users to do them (creating and editing this file are explained on the wiki). You can broadcast every x quests someone finishes to the server as well as give out rewards for x amount of quests. I'll leave the rest for the features section, just thought I'd get you hooked with that :3 If you grab the .zip (which you need to if you want to store your users in a SQLite database!) I have included 53 quests inside!

All of that not enough? Well theres an API! Other plugin authors can use this as a base for their own plugins!

Here's a quick screenshot of what the text looks like:
    [​IMG]

~Features~
    (I may miss a few, there's quite a bit)

~Quest Types~
    All of these can have specific locations set to them! (Can only do in this area etc)
    (More to come I promise!!)

~Commands~
    (More to come I promise!!)

~Watch out~
    With great power (of customization)... Come's great responsibility.... There is a lot that can go wrong if you don't pay attention when your changing files. Thankfully, I've tried to have the plugin spew out as many warnings as it could on the servers start. Always give it a check to make sure the plugin loaded all of your work!!!

~Plugin Attachments~
    (These plugins add new features to the basic uQuest system)
    Updates needed: Move quests | Picking up items. | Support for uQuest levels
    Completes quests automagicly! Works with the same methods as showtracker so it has the same flaws. There is this weird bug when running both at the same time that spams some weird extra text. Try to ignore it for now.
    Just put the jar into your plugins folder and it will work on it's own!
    Updates needed: Move quests | Picking up items. | Unknown status on working with quest levels. | Odd text bug with showtracker/this mix.

~Plugins using the API~
    (These plugins use the uQuest API to shape their own plugin)
    PuzzleQuest

Since people don't read the above, I'll post this again here so I don't have to write the reply back to this anymore.

2. Offline

Hawox

@Shanev Whoops I forgot that would happen if you have *. I can fix that. Sorry x.x

@Koutacles Will be done simply with a side plugin once I Add an extras field to quests that I have wanted to do for some time.

EDIT: Oops, missed you there. @mexander Easily done with a side plugin. =/ Make a list of players and how many quests they have done. When they have done over x amount then add then to a can not quest list. Have the server wipe the list clean at the end of every day.

3. Offline

unachemaxwell

Okay, all the nodes are quite easy to understand what they do in the permissions.... What does uQuest.CanQuest.amount do though?

For those curious it just lets you see the amount of quests loaded I believe :p just decided to try to type it as a command. rofl

4. Offline

AuToFiRE

I was just wondering if maybe you could add support for NPCs, find an NPC that can give you quest(s). itll add more of an rpg element to the game

5. Offline

Hawox

@AuToFiRE Read the wiki or the TO-DO's or the top of this post. Many have already asked for this and that's not what this is at all. There IS an api for it so someone who knows how to make NPC's can make it EAZY. However noone has stepped up to undertake it so it's not here.

6. Offline

Stephen92

for some reason everytime I put this plugin in, it lags my server, when I take it out it, it no longer lags and I have 7 gigs and a top notch server.

7. Offline

AuToFiRE

by any chance is there a list of commands that you can put on the download page so people arent searching everywhere for it?

and thank you for the fast reply to my previous post (im new to the whole bukkit thing)

8. Offline

Insanehero

You should make it so NPC give out quests

9. Offline

Gam3rTr0n69

is there any way u can make it so only certain groups in permissions can do certain quests, like say i had a group called mage, and one called warrior, could u make it so the mage can only get mage quests and the warrior can only get warrior quests?

10. Offline

Hawox

@Insanehero How about you read at least the last 5 posts before posting something...?

@Gam3rTr0n69 Can be done wit h a side plugin when I add an extras field to the quests.

@AuToFiRE I'll put them on in this post. I forgot to do that, thank you.

Sorry about that. I forgot to uncomment some stuff during testing. Here's the fixed results.
    Version 1.12
    • Fixed permission spam.
    • '/q' and '/q ?' work again.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  11. Offline

silentdojo

The link to the new version is still pointing to 1.11.

12. Offline

LucidLethargy

Thank you so much for adding the separated permissions! I can't wait for some sort of auto-completion option to perfect the system. :D

13. Offline

RustyDagger

Its a shame no1 has made a side plugin for this where you have to go to a place get a quest.. this is by far the best quest system around and it would be a lot better if it had some thing like that.

As for a temp fix kinda thing you could add the location stuff to the first part of the quest creation (not the objectives but like above that) so that then you would have to be in that space to be given that quest. could make for some pretty rare quests.

Im a little unsure how the location stuff works are the first 3 numbers the place in the map then the second 3 the size of the box from that point? if so then how to you handle even numbers that have no direct center? or is it a radius from that point in each direction.

I would of just used the 2 sets of numbers like a cuboid.

In game quest creation would be amazing very hard though i bet.

14. Offline

Crown3r

Thanks for Updating this great plugin :)
    But But there is still this message:
    Code:
    2011-04-17 10:49:15 [SEVERE] [uQuest] The node 'uQuest.CanQuest' is no longer used. Update this!

15. Offline

Delodien

Is there anyway that a order can be placed on the quests? Just as a work around until someone makes a NPC plugin which has quests with them?

So you type /q give and you get the first quest, finish that, /q give again you get the follow up quest to the previous quest? Instead of it being completely random?

I'm trying to make a RP server with quests and don't want new players being told to go mine diamonds :)

16. Offline

Hawox

@silentdojo Fixed! Thanks and sorry about that xD

@LucidLethargy Looking into it. New to me. Don't have time today to work on it though. Just got on to see if there was some quick fixes to be done.

@RustyDagger In game quest creation I could do. It's just... So much to type and so many different areas to cover it's just not going to look nice in the end at all. I was working on remaking the GUI but that kind of fell off. HOWEVER!!! You could use the old quest GUI and have it auto convert to the new format!!! =o I never thought about that.

@Crown3r Redownload, my bad.

@Delodien I hear waht your saying xD Yeah I'll see about making a VERY simple side plugin with ordered quests soon. I just really need to get custom events in.

17. Offline

Delodien

Awesome looking forward to it :D

18. Offline

Silent_Samurai

Code:
    12:57:00 [SEVERE] [uQuest] The node 'uQuest.CanQuest' is no longer used. Update this!
    When I type "/q"

19. Offline

Burns1

so epic ;)

20. Offline

Mukrakiish

Hawox likes this.
  21. Offline

misutaanime

Thx for adding essentials!

22. Offline

Hawox

Thanks for saying thanks! =D

23. Offline

Truecorruptor

Ummmmmm, is it possible for yuo to make this for build684. Because i kept getting errors that the format was wrong(my fault), and now it says null error (and a whole bunch of other stuff) and i have a feeling that this is because this mod is only for build 677.
    So i ask you nicely, please update it to build 684.

BTW GREAT MOD

24. Offline

Hawox

You know it helps when you actually post the errors. That way I know what exactly to fix if it's not the bukkit build (I have tried nothing MC yet, been playing Portal2!). Looking into it now. Oh and familiar reading.

Thanks for the complement! =D I'll see what I can do.​

EDIT: I tested it and it works fine for me in the new Bukkit build.​

25. Offline

Truecorruptor

MMMMMhhhmmmm k, and for future reference do i just copy and paste from the start server.bat? Anyways ill try it now.
    ThankYou for cleyfying for me(bad spelling)
    EDIT: Well it turns out it was on my part because i had the samething, i just guess I messed up the config file or something but when i put all new files in, it worked. GREAT MOD, looking forward to more quests (if you decide to make more)

26. Offline

Hawox

You make the quests. I make the quest types. I try to work on it when I can. Busy with schooling and life once again.

27. Offline

MrDylan

Glad to see you've really improved your coding. Nice work.

28. Offline

Hawox

Glad to see you've really matured your posts. Nice work.

29. Offline

Shanev

hm, somehow the kill quests sometimes doesn't work (chicken, slimes, wolves so far). And I've found out that the level scaling only affects the money reward, not the item reward ;)

30. Offline

Hawox

Oh I don't think I have wolves on the list x.x;; I thought this system may cause a few issues. I'll see what I can do to fix it when I can actually log into my own bukkit server -.-

31. Offline

Truecorruptor

I didn't know eher else to post this that would get me help. Im sorry for posting this it's just that in minecraft forum post no one comes across it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have normal mods that dont need to be clientside but only server side. I do not use hamachi but instead i portforwarded it(very long time to figure ouy). I cant evan join the server neither can other people. It says bad packet id then a number here is an error code for that

ERROR

(when i use my internal static ip)
    [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 114
    2011-04-22 12:16:42 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet.b(Packet.java:84)
    2011-04-22 12:16:42 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.f(NetworkManager.java:130)
    2011-04-22 12:16:42 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.c(NetworkManager.java:229)
    2011-04-22 12:16:42 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkReaderThread.run(SourceFile:68)
    2011-04-22 12:16:42 [INFO] /192.168.2.150:49983 lost connection

(when i use my external ip)
    [INFO] Connection reset2011-04-22 12:19:04
    [INFO] /192.168.2.150:49985 lost connection

This is recurring problem for everyone that tries to connect on my server. I know it is not the mods becuase i took them out then tried and the same thing happened.
    So i could use some help.