Inactive [FUN/ECON/DEV] uQuest v1.50 - Overly customizable quest system [793 - 602]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Hawox, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Hawox

As most of you can guess I have not worked on this plugin in a long time. I'm working full time at a grocery store as well as going to college. I literally have no time for sleep let alone Minecraft. Recently someone has contacted me saying they are working on my plugin. I appreciate his work and effort while I am away. This is a link to his topic. His download can be found at hawox.no-ip.info
    uQuest - Overly customizable quest system!
    German Questlist 5/16/11
    [​IMG]
    Coming Soon!
    Gui Questmaker (Heres a beta build!)
    Upload/download area for quests!
    mcMMO extension!

Team:
    Hawox
    Laxlux - New German quest list maintainer
    HiMyNameIsAJ - Creating a uQuest website
    Looking for:
    • Someone to make a nice looking website for uquest (Not my cup of java).
    • Someone to add MySql support.
    • Plugin attachment devs!
    • Someone with ideas on different quest types!
    • People to write some random quests to be thrown in the defaults!

-----------------------Plugin summery below this point-----------------------
    ~Comes preloaded with 53 quests!~

Support for: (You don't NEED any of these for the plugin to work.)
    Code:
    Permissions (but not needed!)
      -"uQuest.CanQuest.*" - Allows all these sub permissions
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.done"
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.amount"
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.stats'
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.info"
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.give"
        -"uQuest.CanDropQuest"

-"uQuest.CanReloadQuests" - Allows the use of /reloadquests
      -"uQuest.CanReloadQuestConfig" - Allows the use of /reloadquestconfig

iConomy (but not needed!)
     BOSEconomy (Again, not needed!)
     Essentials! (Again, not needed!)
    Alright here goes, theres a lot to cover so I may miss something on this first go threw! Want a better way to get money into your server economy that selling items to the server or random lottery's? Do you like QUESTS?!?! Do you want your users to compete to see who is a better quester? Then uQuest might be for you!

uQuest offers your users a simple way to quest! No need to walk miles and miles to a random NPC or click on some block at spawn. All they need to do is type '/uquest give' and uQuest will give them a random quest from it's database! A yml file is provided where you type out each quest for your users. That's right. YOU can decide how many quests there are, what they are, and how you want your users to do them (creating and editing this file are explained on the wiki). You can broadcast every x quests someone finishes to the server as well as give out rewards for x amount of quests. I'll leave the rest for the features section, just thought I'd get you hooked with that :3 If you grab the .zip (which you need to if you want to store your users in a SQLite database!) I have included 53 quests inside!

All of that not enough? Well theres an API! Other plugin authors can use this as a base for their own plugins!

Here's a quick screenshot of what the text looks like:
    [​IMG]

~Features~
    (I may miss a few, there's quite a bit)

~Quest Types~
    All of these can have specific locations set to them! (Can only do in this area etc)
    (More to come I promise!!)

~Commands~
    (More to come I promise!!)

~Watch out~
    With great power (of customization)... Come's great responsibility.... There is a lot that can go wrong if you don't pay attention when your changing files. Thankfully, I've tried to have the plugin spew out as many warnings as it could on the servers start. Always give it a check to make sure the plugin loaded all of your work!!!

~Plugin Attachments~
    (These plugins add new features to the basic uQuest system)
    Updates needed: Move quests | Picking up items. | Support for uQuest levels
    Completes quests automagicly! Works with the same methods as showtracker so it has the same flaws. There is this weird bug when running both at the same time that spams some weird extra text. Try to ignore it for now.
    Just put the jar into your plugins folder and it will work on it's own!
    Updates needed: Move quests | Picking up items. | Unknown status on working with quest levels. | Odd text bug with showtracker/this mix.

~Plugins using the API~
    (These plugins use the uQuest API to shape their own plugin)
    PuzzleQuest

Since people don't read the above, I'll post this again here so I don't have to write the reply back to this anymore.

2. Offline

Shanev

the reward/objective multiplication doesn't seem to work. it's set to true in the config

3. Offline

Mrjibidi

is version and downloads link broken?? i cant get to the pagee

4. Offline

habbah

download link broken

can someone plz upload the latest version! plzzz :}

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  5. Offline

Tux2

He's using a no-ip address for his download page, which means the server is currently off or his IP changed, give it a few hours and you should be able to download it. The page was up yesterday, (although I didn't have time to download the plugin then) so it's probably just temporary.

6. Offline

killerbeez

Yeah, sadly doesn't work.

7. Offline

Taxick

Download links works now :)

My log says "[Hawox uQuest] getQuester : Quester not found, placing them into list and retrying."

What dit that meen?

BTW. Thanks for the plugin

8. Anything about level scaling ?
    Last time i tried (1.03) it was not working, and I don't see any change in the changelol :(

9. Offline

Hawox

@Arno00 Sorry I forgot about it x.x Here's an update just for you (and someone who needed the permissions fix >.>...) It's not the recommended because I did not test it. Someone tell me if I broke sometime so I can make it the recommended build.

Version 1.10
    • Better errors for badly formated quests.
    • Odd error when plugins could not communicate with permissions fixed. It now disables it's support for it to stop the error
    • Quest leveling back! (I hope!)
    • Very simple implementation.
      • Thinking about adding an xp field to quests at a later time.
      • If enabled in the config the money value and all objective requirements are calculated:
        • new = default * level + 1 (since you start at level 0)

10. Offline

habbah

Code:
    2011-04-12 14:47:02 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to uQuest
    java.lang.NullPointerException

cb670

11. Offline

Shalobee

where can i dl 1.10? i can't seem to find a link. also I would like to make a suggestion cause im not too sure how its going to work. ecoCreature is working on uQuest hooks and will eventually let monsters randomly drop quests. What I want to do is make quest only available through monster hunting to slow down the grinders but looking at your permission nodes I am not sure i will be able to give them access to the quest but not the /q give command. would it be possible to add command permission nodes? just blocking the give command should do it. letting them use info and done should still be fine. Thanks for great plugin :) and I look forward to seeing how it evolves :)

12. Offline

Hawox

Ah I see. I'll see what I can do on the individual nodes. I'm glad people are interested in the API. I just knew what plugins/who was working on it. I'd really like to talk to them and I'd like to get a list of plugins using this as a API on here.

EDIT: @habbah I can't do anything with that little of information. Please post the ENTIRE error/surrounding text next time.

13. Offline

Shanev

Level scaling works weirdly, e.g. the log punch quest: Everytime I punch the wood the reward and objective gets multiplied = I can never finish the quest ^^

14. Offline

Hawox

:confused: Really? Let me fix that.

Fixed on git. Building a DvD and transcoding another set of media atm. I'll get it released soon. Feel free to make a build off the one on git if your able.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

15. Offline

2Bucks

im trying to make a quest that forces players to take a tour of the server
    perhaps let us set a "Walkthrough" quest and set like Destination points (with coordinates). The Quester would have to walk inside of the coordinates (maybe give 2 radii of leeway) to complete that destination, then move on to the next one until the quest is complete. Perhaps even have there be text that pops up when the players reach those points

This quest would be assigned by default to first time log-ons

16. Offline

Hawox

Perfect timing! If you take a look at the git, I just pushed that! I still need to do testing on it and some fine tuning, but it's there!

17. Offline

Koutacles

/uquest stats could use a few things:
    Showing how many quests dropped/failed
    Not counting the negative money 'rewarded' from dropping quests in the Total <money> recieved: part, some people end up with negative amounts received.

Also, will it ever be possible to set time limits on quests?

18. Offline

LucidLethargy

What is the difference between "Quests.yml" and "new.Quests"? I'm confused :X

I've used this plugin for a while now, but only now am I wanting to make it go live (since ecocreature hooks in, and thus quests make sense! I don't like command based anything, so this is my rational behind this action.) So right now, I just want to start out from scratch making quests... and these two files seem to conflict with one another in some way... by what I have read, I will be wanting to use the new.Quests file I imagine?

OH! Also... I only want to use this right now for it's hook in with ecoCreature, does this mean I simply need to set it to API mode, or should I simply rectrict permissions to my users? Can they still receive quests this way? (The idea is they can only get quests by killing creatures.)

19. Offline

KwikFicks

I'm having a problem. This was working fine for me a week ago but now all that are Default do not have access to the command. I updated uQuest and updated Permissions but what am I doing wrong?
    This is my Permissions Config file:
    Code:
    # System is no longer used, but may become used in the future
    # Copies is for multiple-world support
    #   Put the name of the world you wish for it to be a clone of, otherwise leave it empty.
    #   If this file is for your default world (the one in server.properties) then you must
    #   leave copies blank.
    #  Example: copies: Derp    -  This will clone the permissions of the world Derp
    #
    # Make sure to rename this file to the name of the world that is in sever.properties under
    # level-name.  So if it is level-name: world  then this should be world.yml and in the
    # plugins/Permissions directory (ie. plugins/Permissions/world.yml)
    #
    # NOTE: Do not use tabs while editing this document.  Use only spaces.  A good way to avoid
    # doing this is to use Notepad++ and replace the tab with 4 spaces.
    plugin:
        permissions:
            system: default
            copies:

##
    # AntiBuild is included with this.  To disable a group from being able to build then
    # set the build: flag to false (build: false).  If you want a group to be able to build
    # then set it to true.
    ##
    # Groups can contain inheritance.
    #   To make a group inherit the permissions from another
    #   group simply place the groups name in the "inheritance:" like so:
    #
    #   Example:
    #       inheritance:
    #           - Default
    ##
    #   All permissions including the asterisks must be placed in single quotes.
    #   like so:
    #
    #       - 'foo.bar'
    #
    #   Otherwise errors will happen!
    ##
    #   Globalized Permission settings:
    #
    #       If a permission contains periods (.) you can denote a globalized parameter:
    #
    #           - 'foo.*'
    #
    #       This will allow you to use all general commands.
    #
    ##
    #   Single Asterisk denotes all commands:
    #
    #       - '*'
    #   If you give a group this permissions, do not have the group inherit any permissions
    #   from other groups.  Any users assigned to this group should NOT be given any additional
    #   permissions either.
    ##
    #   To exempt a node use the - prefix like so:
    #       - '-foo.bar'
    ##
    #   prefix: and suffix: do not do anything on their own.  You need another outside plugin
    #   such as iChat or HeroChat in order for these to do anything.
    groups:
        Default:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: ''
                suffix: ''
                build: true
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                -"uQuest.CanQuest"
                -"uQuest.CanDropQuest"
                -"uQuest.CanReloadQuests"
        Moderator:
            default: false
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'bar.foo'
        Admins:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'

##
    # Users denote which users are included in which group.
    # TheNo1Yeti is in the Admin group
    # Herpina is a member of the Moderator group but also has access
    # to the herp.derp permissions
    # Derpina is a member of the admin group but does not have access
    # to the derp.derp permission node
    # Users can also have a prefix and suffix as seen with Herpina
    ##
    users:
        KwikFicks:
            group: Default
            permissions:
                -"uQuest.CanQuest"
                -"uQuest.CanDropQuest"
        Herpina:
            group: Moderator
            info:
                prefix: 'Moo'
                suffix: 'Cow'
            permissions:
                - 'herp.derp'
        Derpina:
            group: Admins
            permissions:
                - '-derp.derp'
    This is what I had before that worked (Nodes are spaced right under the permissions: thing), but now if you try to do it, there's an error.
    Code:
    # System is no longer used, but may become used in the future
    # Copies is for multiple-world support
    #   Put the name of the world you wish for it to be a clone of, otherwise leave it empty.
    #   If this file is for your default world (the one in server.properties) then you must
    #   leave copies blank.
    #  Example: copies: Derp    -  This will clone the permissions of the world Derp
    #
    # Make sure to rename this file to the name of the world that is in sever.properties under
    # level-name.  So if it is level-name: world  then this should be world.yml and in the
    # plugins/Permissions directory (ie. plugins/Permissions/world.yml)
    #
    # NOTE: Do not use tabs while editing this document.  Use only spaces.  A good way to avoid
    # doing this is to use Notepad++ and replace the tab with 4 spaces.
    plugin:
        permissions:
            system: default
            copies:

##
    # AntiBuild is included with this.  To disable a group from being able to build then
    # set the build: flag to false (build: false).  If you want a group to be able to build
    # then set it to true.
    ##
    # Groups can contain inheritance.
    #   To make a group inherit the permissions from another
    #   group simply place the groups name in the "inheritance:" like so:
    #
    #   Example:
    #       inheritance:
    #           - Default
    ##
    #   All permissions including the asterisks must be placed in single quotes.
    #   like so:
    #
    #       - 'foo.bar'
    #
    #   Otherwise errors will happen!
    ##
    #   Globalized Permission settings:
    #
    #       If a permission contains periods (.) you can denote a globalized parameter:
    #
    #           - 'foo.*'
    #
    #       This will allow you to use all general commands.
    #
    ##
    #   Single Asterisk denotes all commands:
    #
    #       - '*'
    #   If you give a group this permissions, do not have the group inherit any permissions
    #   from other groups.  Any users assigned to this group should NOT be given any additional
    #   permissions either.
    ##
    #   To exempt a node use the - prefix like so:
    #       - '-foo.bar'
    ##
    #   prefix: and suffix: do not do anything on their own.  You need another outside plugin
    #   such as iChat or HeroChat in order for these to do anything.
    groups:
        Default:
            default: true
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
            -"uQuest.CanQuest"
            -"uQuest.CanDropQuest"
        Moderator:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'bar.foo'
        Admins:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'

##
    # Users denote which users are included in which group.
    # TheNo1Yeti is in the Admin group
    # Herpina is a member of the Moderator group but also has access
    # to the herp.derp permissions
    # Derpina is a member of the admin group but does not have access
    # to the derp.derp permission node
    # Users can also have a prefix and suffix as seen with Herpina
    ##
    users:
        KwikFicks:
            group: Default
            permissions:
            -"uQuest.CanQuest"
            -"uQuest.CanDropQuest"
        Herpina:
            group: Moderator
            info:
                prefix: 'Moo'
                suffix: 'Cow'
            permissions:
                - 'herp.derp'
        Derpina:
            group: Admins
            permissions:
                - '-derp.derp'
    I made myself default so I can test it without my friends on. So am I just not inputting the right nodes or is this a Permissions problem?

20. Offline

habbah

Aweomse plugin, but i was wondering could you add a group feature, were when people are in a group together they all get the same quest, so they can have common goals to complete together

21. Offline

LucidLethargy

Is it possible to autocomplete quests once the player in question completes the goals? Right now it doesn't flow well at all with the necessity to type /uquest done.

I would also love to see the quest update as you complete the objectives - example : 1/3 pigs killed, 2/3 pigs killed, etc. I find that really helpful, and not at all a problem with the chat!

IMPORTANT: With the hooks you provide there's a great system I have right now where people randomly find "notes" when they kill animals (5% chance) and these notes lead them to a great quest system! Unfortunately, I cannot allow them to complete these quests without giving them access to the /uquest give command, which defeats the entire purpose of using the methods I am using... could you please seperate the permissions nodes so I can only give them the /uquest done command?

Or... better yet... as I stated above, the option to automatically complete quests would be amazing! I understand why it does not do that by default, but with the system I have in mind it's not ideal to have commands at all. Real quests from events are so much more dynamic, and with your plugin's api it's now finally a possibility... almost! :D

Anyway, thank you for your work so far - just hoping I can make use of this plugin as it has a LOT of potential!

Edit: I do not have any backups before this error showed it's ugly face... please fix it whenever you guys get the chance!

22. Offline

dslip

@Hawox
    Is there a way to to 'customise' the quest level scaling? One of my players got asked to collect 314MILLION stone swords for a payment of 314Million coins!!
    Perhaps the level scaling needs to be a little 'tamer' I like the idea of the quests getting harder, but it seems around 150 quests is the most a player can achieve before it gets crazy in requirements.

23. Offline

unachemaxwell

I am having the same style and need as LucidLethargy, perhaps just have a permission for the 'give' command would benefit us all and be an easy solution... I think... :p

24. Offline

Hawox

Okay lots to post.
    • First off I have the permissions things already done on my git; I just need to release it.
    • Guy with the permissions thing, I'm sure you need to fix your spacing.
    • The quest leveling in that version is broken when is why it's not the recommended build.
    • Auto completing quest and updates are what I was planning on doing today. I need to make a custom event handling thing so other plugins can hook into it with a simple interface.
    • @habbah That can be handled with a side plugin. I'm trying to keep this simple... Even though I've taken it farther from that mark that I had planned already xD
    • @Koutacles Thanks for the input! Will work on it. I need to update that stuff to work with the location quests now anyways.
    • new.quest.yml was just a file for people to copy over the new quests I made when I did the major rewrite. Quests use to be formated FAR differently. I didn't want to ask everyone to rewrite them so I had to make a script to auto convert them. With this, I didn't want people to lose out on the new multistage sample quests I made so I put them in there. It's being removed with this next version anyways (well... It will not be auto created, not going to be deleted).
    I think that's everything. I'm off to work on this for a bit. I'll try my best to get enough done for a release with all these features.

25. Thanks for the scaling update, I'll pass all my test when i got a little time x)

Any way to only scale the money reward, but not the objectives ? (as i already said before :p)

26. Offline

Hawox

I'll add in different stuff for quest scaling later. The main and original idea behind it is to slow people down so they are not completing quests every 5 seconds. I'm doing a big code clean up right now. It's needed one for a long time.

27. Offline

LucidLethargy

Very cool, glad to hear your working on the auto-complete feature! If I may also suggest, can you add some way we can give out quests that are NOT random? I would love to hide, for example, easter eggs around the server that either trigger quests, or give a code to enter to trigger quests (easier i imagine.)

I specifically enjoy the iobookcase plugin, and how it can configure bookcases to say specific things upon clicking them... I'd love to somehow link that in with this great plugin and send people on quests! I can already sort of do this, of course, but uquest's automation is kind of nifty. If you have time it could be pretty neat!

28. Offline

Hawox

Already done. Make a simple plugin and use this API:
    plugin.getQuestInteraction().giveQuest([quest number], player);

Couldn't get to custom events because I was pulled away from my PC (I was so damn productive too!!! >:C) to go out for food and stuff. Anyways, here is the update!

~Changelog~

Version 1.11 (Update your config file!)

• New permission nodes!
      • uQuest.CanQuest.done
      • uQuest.CanQuest.amount
      • uQuest.CanQuest.stats
      • uQuest.CanQuest.info
      • uQuest.CanQuest.give
    • Quests can now have a 'location' field so they can only be done in certain areas! (Check the wiki!)
    • Level scaling that actually works!
    • Money earned from quests no longer tracks negitive values.
    • Essentials support added! (money stuffs)
    • Added 'hideQuestRewards' to the config!
    I don't have time to update the wiki fully because I'm in a rush, but the location stuff works like this:

Code:
    0:
      Name: First things first.
      Start_Info: Help me get started! Make me the beginners essentials.
      Finish_Info: Thank you very much!
      Rewards:
        Money: 100
      Objectives:
        0:
          Type: Block_Damage
          Display_Name: Log Punches
          Objective_ID: 17
          Amount: 10
              World: world
              X: 32
              Y: 65
              Z: 53
            Give_Range:
              X: 10
              Y: 3
              Z: 15
        1:
          Type: Gather
          Item:
            Item_ID: 58
            Display_Name: Crafting Table
            Amount: 1
            Durability: 0
        2:
          Item:
            Item_ID: 270
            Display_Name: Wooden Pickaxe
        3:
          Item:
            Item_ID: 272
            Display_Name: Stone Sword

29. Offline

mexander

Could you make an option to set how many quests you can do each day? Like you can just do 10 quests then you have to wait a day to do more quests.

30. Offline

Shanev

All works just fine, but I get an error every time I use a command:

The command /q doesn't work either, to list all commands. But as said, the questing and level system works

31. Offline

Koutacles

Would it be possible to set the percentage change of a quest appearing? Then you can have simple quests occuring more often and the odd quest that rewards gold less frequently and the uber quest for a record or diamonds almost never. :D