[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

Nate204

I was just going to say that this plugin is dead....
    It was AMAZINGLY AWESOME for about two weeks, and then it just stopped.

Sad face....

I hope in time it turns back around. I like NPCX, but Citizens was so much easier to configure....

3. Offline

SiKiN

The Developers who made this are all busy and wont be available for another 5-6 days, How have you not spotted them for over a month when they have even posted in this thread telling everyone they would not be around during a 2 week period which was almost 2 weeks ago. Most of us knew this. Learn to read through threads.

4. Offline

yottabyte

You are ignorant. The people working on Citizens are not the same people making the NPCSpawner lib which is required for Citizens to work. @MadcowD just said that the guy making the lib has been away for over a month not fullwall and the team making Citizens..

5. Soo is this going to be updated or should I switch to another npc plugin ? I rly rly rly don't like Npcx .. though it does all I want, I can't for the life of me get mysql to work properly on my pc.. and that's coming from a C++ / .Net / Delphi programmer who used bukkitloads of my(sql) applications before .. heck I wrote lots of mysql applications myself but npcx just doesn't want to work on a local mysql install...

6. Offline

Xemnas33

Please be patient afaik fullwall is still away but it should be working soon.

Though what he said is true fullwall and NeonMaster are away and busy for a 2 week period, leaving just one dev on his own to work on it and I believe he is busy too.

7. Offline

LucidLethargy

Really would love to see this plugin go somewhere, but the fact of the matter is there has been that "traders, guards, quests coming soon" tag on there for over a month and a half... I'm starting to think it may not happen. This being said, this is hands down one of the greatest npc plugins so far as functionality goes. I too have very few choices as mysql is not supported on my vps!
    Save me fullwall, you're my only hope. :p

8. Offline

Ratchet

the NPCX one is just too complicated for what it does and the whole thing just looks a mess to me.. citizens seemed really simple and clean, I hope it doesn't get abandoned

9. Offline

Exidous

I knew this was a dead plugin like 10 pages back when asked about a eta and got yelled at.

Raspberry likes this.
  10. Offline

WeeeenHun

so does this work for 1.5_01 ?

11. Offline

IIGoldII

Thats not true.If you had any sense of knowledge,and a care for this plugin,you would know Fullwall is on a vacation.The team of Citizens is working hard to give us what we all want.Comments like yours won't accomplish anything.

12. Offline

Trust518

Please post a comment when it is back online :) i like this more than npcx 2.

13. Offline

gsm051115

Works PERFECTLY!

14. Offline

thepackett

i get the error:
    20:50:48 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    20:50:48 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.f(NetworkManager.java:127)
    20:50:48 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.c(NetworkManager.java:226)
    20:50:48 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkReaderThread.run(SourceFile:69)
    20:50:48 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    20:50:48 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.f(NetworkManager.java:127)
    20:50:48 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.c(NetworkManager.java:226)
    20:50:48 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkReaderThread.run(SourceFile:69)
    20:50:48 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'npc' in plugin Citizens v1.07
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:255)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:650)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:613)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:607)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:36)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:73)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: a
    at com.fullwall.resources.redecouverte.NPClib.CraftNPC.<init>(CraftNPC.java:28)
    at com.fullwall.resources.redecouverte.NPClib.NPCSpawner.SpawnBasicHumanNpc(NPCSpawner.java:69)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCs.NPCManager.registerBasicNPC(NPCManager.java:59)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCs.NPCManager.registerBasicNPC(NPCManager.java:77)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCs.BasicNPCHandler.spawnNPC(BasicNPCHandler.java:23)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.CommandExecutors.BasicExecutor.createNPC(BasicExecutor.java:516)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.CommandExecutors.BasicExecutor.onCommand(BasicExecutor.java:49)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    ... 12 more

when trying to create an npc. i am using a craftbukkit build 700+
    there is no error when starting the server, only when trying a command.
    hope this helps fix it.

15. Offline

Raspberry

yup finally getting an error pointing at Citizens now

Code:
    01:04:09 [WARNING] Task of 'Citizens' generated an exception
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: a
            at com.fullwall.resources.redecouverte.NPClib.CraftNPC.<init>(CraftNPC.java:28)
            at com.fullwall.resources.redecouverte.NPClib.NPCSpawner.SpawnBasicHumanNpc(NPCSpawner.java:69)
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCs.NPCManager.registerBasicNPC(NPCManager.java:59)
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCs.BasicNPCHandler.spawnExistingNPC(BasicNPCHandler.java:27)
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.setupNPCs(Citizens.java:257)
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.access$0(Citizens.java:222)
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens$1.run(Citizens.java:100)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:128)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:358)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

16. Offline

thepackett

i got this one too when i started my server after attempting to create an npc.

17. Offline

Neils

Is this working with 714 ?

18. Offline

thepackett

i don't think it's working with any 700+ build.

19. Hello, I am finally back from my trip to the czech republic, I was there for one week with my orchestra. Just to make things clear, we will not abandon this plugin, and, traders/guards/quests are actually going forwards, fullwall is almost complete with the traders, and he will get them done when he gets back, while he is away, I will try to make guards done, hopefully I can get them atleast half done in a few days.

nightxfrog and thepackett like this.
  20. Offline

Ratchet

good to hear, in the meantime will there at least be an update for the core plugin so that regular npc's work again?

21. Offline

Brammie2118

welcome back :D How was your trip? Good to hear things are going well.

22. My trip was good, thank's for asking :) Going to look into the new code now

23. Offline

Waffletastic

Is there an ETA until citizens is updated?

24. No, why can't you people stop asking? We are working as fast as we can.

25. Offline

Waffletastic

Just was wondering man, server pretty much requires NPCs.

26. Offline

PPowerHouseK

Ya we need this to be working for 714 at least.

27. Offline

Xanadar

They know, and they are working on it. Now please wait for them to finish looking into this and updating it. Bugging them does not speed them up. :p

28. Offline

Nate204

I'm sure everyone is just a little anxious. All the letter updates aside, For those waiting from the day this plugin launched~ The "Traders,Guards,Quests coming soon!" has been up there for quite some time...

As for the "stop asking". You and I both know that my post will be a few above someone asking again in just a few hours. Maybe a day, but lets not argue semantics.

29. Offline

Rhazes

Please, excuse me if this is not the place for this post. Does anyone have a list of players and what skins they are using for this mod? I'm having trouble searching for one.

Example, creating Miner and the guy uses a Miner skin. thank you whoever owns that account.

Neonmaster, welcome back from your trip. Thanks for an amazing plugin.

30. Offline

SiKiN

I know you probably know this already but 714 is so stable that I bet it will be the recommended build in a day or 2.

31. Offline

BlackPandemic

Are you guys serious? He said he just got back. Go outside for a few days and let him relax and work for a bit. Christ.

arthoz likes this.