[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

fullwall

stoneminer02 SkizzlePig - when you get strange errors like NoClassDefFoundError, generally the best thing to do is use the dev builds of both Blacksmith and Citizens at http://ci.citizensnpcs.com. I changed a method to be more specific, I'll be putting a 2.0.3 build out soon when internationalisation is finished to address this particular error.

guilty_spark_117 likes this.
  3. Wow. How could I be so stupid... You're right. Thanks a million!

4. Offline

stoneminer02

Ok thanks fullwall!

5. Offline

SkizzlePig

fullwall, that did it. I loaded the latest Citizens 2 dev build and TA DA it works. Thanks for your help!

6. Offline

grid21

Look I'm really clueless and I need help really bad understanding this plugin. Some one PLEASE HELP ME! :(

7. Offline

MrWho

I'm writing the bot's sentences in my own language and when I use accents (like "é" for example) the assignments file doesn't appear to load (the bots revert to the standard sentences). Is there any escape character I can use to add non-english characters to the bot's repertoire?

Thanks for the great plugin!

8. Offline

Tanite

Is there a way to make an (sentry) NPC attack someone?

9. Offline

siemaeniu500

Why after hit npc are teleport to spawn ?

10. Offline

Darcion

newest citizens2 + denizen + sentry before updateting it was working.

Code:
    2012-10-16 22:50:55 [INFO] Denizen: An error has occured.
    2012-10-16 22:50:55 [INFO] --- Error follows: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant org.bukkit.Material.REDSTONE_TORCH
    edit: ok got it, new config for sentry solved it but

every hit is a crit hit... thats not really cool.

11. Offline

Stephen5158

you should be able to see out of an npc eyes by doing something like /npc see (id)

12. Offline

carhartt

13. Offline

fullwall

14. Awesome thing and fast update. Working fine so far!

EDIT1:
    FOUND A BUG:

/npc equip -> right clicking items for NPC to wear , they do not show in puplic!
    If i right click again to remove them, they will pop out to floor as usual. But the problem is: NO EQUIPMENT SHOWN

15. Offline

Nickbbeezy

Tested every available command with the latest dev build, haven't found any bugs yet. Thanks for the quick update.

Sketaful likes this.
  16. Yes the commands work fine but what about what the command should do? if u saw my post over urs, youll see what i had problem

17. Offline

Nickbbeezy

Yeah, didn't notice that.

How to reproduce:
    1. Select an NPC.
    2. Run /npc equip and try to equip an item, doesn't equip properly.
    3. Try to equip another item and it drops the item from before that didn't equip properly.

18. Offline

fullwall

I'll take a look at the equip problem tonight, and add mob equipping.

19. Offline

fullwall

Something odd is going on with player equipping... need to relog to see the changes. Also, I'm holding off on mob equipping until API is added, but I added /npc skeletontype for wither skeletons.

20. Offline

Ebins

I'm having a heck of a time trying to configure new recipes for the alchemist character mod. The default one works fine, but when I tried a second one (poision), it'll only accept the glass bottle. I've searched everywhere to try to find out what's wrong, and I'm positive it has to do with item names, but it doesn't seem to accept what I'm putting in. Below is the config file as I've modified it:

# Alchemist Configuration

cooldown-not-expired: You've already had your turn. Come back later!
    initialization-message: §eHello there, <player>. Give me what I need and I will brew you a potion!
    success-message: §eI have combined the ingredients to concoct a potion of §a<potion>§e.
    cooldown-in-seconds: 60
    recipes:
    default:
    result:
    effect: fire-resistance
    duration: 60
    amplifier: 1
    splash: false
    ingredients:
    '0':
    name: sugar
    amount: 1
    '1':
    name: glass-bottle
    '2':
    name: wool
    data: 6
    poision:
    result:
    effect: poision
    duration: 60
    amplifier: 1
    splash: true
    ingredients:
    '0':
    name: dandelion
    '1':
    name: glass-bottle
    '2':
    name: mycelium

If anyone (or the author) can see what I did wrong, please let me know. Its very frustrating and I wish there was a more detailed description on the wikki. Thanks in advance! :)

Edit - The spacing in the .yml file is correct, but it just didn't copy over for some reason when I pasted it here.

21. Offline

break2471

First off, I would like to thank you and your...team if you will for creating such a great plugin. Secondly, your right. NPC equipping is not working for the latest version of Citizens2. When ever you get the time I would REALLY appreciate you looking into this error. Citizens is pretty much the backbone of my server and is very important. Thanks again for creating the plugin and I hope to see a fix in the future :D

22. Offline

fullwall

break2471 likes this.
  23. Offline

XxDawnsusxX

citizens is coming up corrupted for me

24. Offline

break2471

Thank you very much. Works fine with a few bugs here and there. But nothing a quick reconnect to the server won't fix.

25. Offline

break2471

Okay so, I did some basic commands on my server --example /npc create /npc equip and those seemed to work fine. The only problem im experiencing is the Sentry trait. When ever I have a npc selected and i type /trait sentry i get the NoSuchFieldError. I understand that your not the author of this add-on plugin, but is there anyways you could inform them about my problem or direct me to a forum that they manage? Thanks ~ break2471

26. Offline

fullwall

27. Offline

xxQWERTYINGxx

can't use "/toggle guard" when i use citizens2.0.4 :S
    is it something that I have done wrong, or doesn't it work for that version of citizens??

28. Offline

fullwall

29. Citizens

Is there a way to block people from killing npcs with bows? or prevent players from flying around citizens?

i made factions, both have their guards & they drop their stuff when die... but people "abuse" their flying privileges (donators) and fly over them and start throwing either potions or shoot with bows and get easy items for free.
    Can someone help ?

30. Offline

LoulouteFlore

Hello,

First thank you for your awesome plugin, keep up the good work, and sorry for my english... ;)

I have plenty of quests that I'd rather not rewrite again, as it was very simple to write them with the first Citizens, and I dont want to download 2 or 3 more plugin to have quests working with Citizens 2, and dont really want to learn a new way to write quests... and those plugins are not lightweight at all.

So I thought that the update of Citizens (8 days ago) here: http://ci.citizensnpcs.com/ was working with 1.4.2 but seems not, I have this error when trying to create an npc:

14:52:29 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.E()Ljava/security/KeyPair;
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at net.citizensnpcs.resources.npclib.CraftNPC.<init>(CraftNPC.java:27)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at net.citizensnpcs.resources.npclib.NPCSpawner.spawnNPC(NPCSpawner.java:64)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at net.citizensnpcs.resources.npclib.NPCManager.register(NPCManager.java:112)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at net.citizensnpcs.resources.npclib.NPCManager.register(NPCManager.java:138)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at net.citizensnpcs.commands.BasicCommands.create(BasicCommands.java:218)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at net.citizensnpcs.resources.sk89q.CommandsManager.executeMethod(CommandsManager.java:254)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at net.citizensnpcs.resources.sk89q.CommandsManager.execute(CommandsManager.java:146)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at net.citizensnpcs.Citizens.onCommand(Citizens.java:144)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:185)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:504)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:911)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:824)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:806)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.handle(Packet3Chat.java:44)
    14:52:29 [SEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:282)
    14:52:30 [SEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.d(NetServerHandler.java:111)
    14:52:30 [SEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.ServerConnection.b(SourceFile:35)
    14:52:30 [SEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServerConnection.b(SourceFile:30)
    14:52:30 [SEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:578)
    14:52:30 [SEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServer.r(DedicatedServer.java:215)
    14:52:30 [SEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:495)
    14:52:30 [SEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:428)
    14:52:30 [SEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:818)
    Is it not working with 1.4.2 at all?
    Should I delete all my quests on my server? :(
    I dont really have time to rewrite them from zero :(
    thank you a lot and again sorry for my english,
    good bye!
    Loulou

31. Offline

fullwall

LoulouteFlore - hmm... are you sure you extracted the JAR properly? The latest build from 8 days ago definitely updates that...