[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

fullwall

3. Offline

Aetherspawn

I'd like to have the Guards protect my city. The default guard behaviour is to attack players who attack a guard, but nearby guards completely ignore this. Can you modify the Guard java file to allow a config option for nearby guards within a certain range to react and also target a law offender.

JoneKone likes this.
  4. Offline

Dislin1993

Yes, this is working in 1.1.
    Thanks alot.

5. Offline

liralmogadi

That's true, it does work with 1.1, but it does not download anything into the Types folder... too bad!!
    I was only starting to figure out how to make traders and such!
    And then, boom, 1.1.... T.T Well, thanks for the jar anyway, atleast it works!

6. Offline

MoseMister

Hay Just wanted to know.
    dose this plugin work on 1.1 yet?
    and another question is.
    is their a plugin someone knows to change the skin of the citizens? (dont mind if its spoutcraft)

7. Offline

ledut

plz update the plugin to work with minecraft 1.1 i need it :D

8. Offline

ledut

plz update the plugin so it works with minecraft 1.1 cause i need the plugin

9. Offline

maller

10. Offline

ikillkiller

sorry but it has HUGE error which i couldn't copy!
    pelase help

11. Offline

Stormbow

What exactly do you type to make the Trader sell 32 redwood logs for 64.00? (Note: item id is 17:1)

I tried /trader sell 17:1:32 64.00 and got some imaginary "Log" item stuck in it's /trader list sell, but it still did not sell redwood logs. (Note: The imaginary log cannot be removed with /trader sell remove 17:1:32 or 17:1 either.)

If I use /trader sell 17:1 64.00, change the owner to someone else, and attempt to buy 1 x 17:1 (redwood log), I receive an error message that the Trader is not selling those items.

(Can't sell 6:1 in bundles either.)

I manually edited the npc-profiles.yml to include "17/32/1/,64.0,false,". That's a pain in the ass though.

Looks like Bouncers, Bodyguards, and Traders are all broken.

12. Offline

worstboy32

Thanks a lot :)
    Working smooth for me!

13. Offline

JoneKone

This is a feature that would be the next big thing in protecting stuff..

14. Offline

Constructicons

The last linked build works... kind of. When Guard is killed by ANY arrow server locks up. It freezes the server and all players are DC. I have confirmed that ANY arrow killing a guard does this. Guard killed by another Guard's arrow crashes server, Guard killed by skeleton crashes server, Guard killed by players arrow crashes server.

here is server message:

[SEVERE] java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 401, Size: 401
    [SEVERE] at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(Unknown Source)
    [SEVERE] at java.util.ArrayList.remove(Unknown Source)
    [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1157)
    [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:525)
    [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:432)
    [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    [SEVERE] Unexpected exception

We all love this plugin but it is useless right now. Will be watching for a fix...

Thanks for your hard work on this plugin.

15. Offline

Lolmewn

Hmm.. for some reason, when a Guard dies, it triggers EntityDeathEvent (logical).
    But what's weird, is that it seems to be instanceof Player aswell :confused:
    How can I check if it's a real player or an NPC?

16. Offline

aPunch

Try NPCManager.isNPC(entity). This will be changing with the 2.0 API.

17. I still need help with this please :S

18. Offline

Lolmewn

That's gonna be difficult for servers that don't have Citizens installed. Is there another way? (for example, instanceof HumanEntity?)

19. Offline

jjjggg50

This quest isn't working (npcs just don't spawn on restart unless I remove the quest from config). Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Code:
    Nomad:
        texts:
            description: "You wish to advance your standings in this realm?<br> If you do this job for me - I will reward you with the rank [Nomad].<br>Once getting this rank you open yourself up to new perks:<br>More /homes, Factions and much more!<Br>Bring me 20 Diamonds - and the rank is yours!"
            completion: "Well done. Accept this entitlement graciously."
            acceptance: "Your journey begins here. "
        repeats: 0
        objectives:
            '0':
                '0':
                    type: delivery
                    materialid: 264
                    amount: 20
                    npcdestination: SpiritMaster
                    optional: False
                    finishhere: True
        rewards:
            '0':
                type: rank

20. Offline

jogeta_masude

Hi there, is it possible to have two rewards for one quest objective i.e two different items? I've been trying it and it seems to only use the latter of the two rewards

21. Offline

YummyTomatoYay

Non-ops cannot interact with NPCs even though I put the permissions into the permissions.yml, am I doing something wrong?

22. Offline

Jesuitical

Hello.

Everything is working fine (Colors, Waypoints, Speaking) except that I can't toggle a type. It says invalid NPC type. I have all the jars in my type directory, and nothing.

I am using the 1.1 dev Bukkit and the 1.1 dev Citizens.

23. Offline

aPunch

No. I don't know of any instance where you would ever need to use the Citizens API if Citizens wasn't installed. Could you explain what you're trying to do?

24. Offline

Scepheus

Love the plugin, I huuuuugely suggest a command such as /npc namehide to hide an NPC's name if wished, and for it to keep the skin, or at least a command to make them crouched.

25. Offline

Demondoor200

26. Offline

Dislin1993

Why am I getting this error?

Code:
    [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Citizens v1.1.2 (Is it up to dat
    e?): Expecting non-static method org.anjocaido.groupmanager.GroupManager.getWorl
    dsHolder()Lorg/anjocaido/groupmanager/dataholder/worlds/WorldsHolder;
    java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Expecting non-static method org.anjocaid
    o.groupmanager.GroupManager.getWorldsHolder()Lorg/anjocaido/groupmanager/datahol
    der/worlds/WorldsHolder;
            at net.citizensnpcs.permissions.GroupManagerProvider.<init>(GroupManager
    Provider.java:18)
            at net.citizensnpcs.permissions.PermissionManager.<init>(PermissionManag
    er.java:43)
            at net.citizensnpcs.Citizens.onEnable(Citizens.java:100)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:230)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:970)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:280)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:187)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:170
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:355)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:342)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:174)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:406)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

27. Offline

gabriel11798

Use the dev build

28. Offline

gabriel11798

Does the quest type "collect" not work? It does not for me, if this will be fixed in the official build then ok

Just wondering :) Keep up the good work!

29. HTML:
    08:07 PM [INFO] Chef [/5.82.83.165:64510] logged in with entity id 21989 at ([world] -100.67535995271204, 64.0, -183.06092799473578)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.a(I)V
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at net.citizensnpcs.resources.npclib.CraftNPC.<init>(CraftNPC.java:17)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at net.citizensnpcs.resources.npclib.NPCSpawner.spawnNPC(NPCSpawner.java:75)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at net.citizensnpcs.resources.npclib.NPCManager.register(NPCManager.java:159)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at net.citizensnpcs.resources.npclib.NPCManager.register(NPCManager.java:189)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at net.citizensnpcs.commands.BasicCommands.create(BasicCommands.java:226)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at net.citizensnpcs.resources.sk89q.CommandsManager.executeMethod(CommandsManager.java:530)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at net.citizensnpcs.resources.sk89q.CommandsManager.execute(CommandsManager.java:407)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at net.citizensnpcs.Citizens.onCommand(Citizens.java:200)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:40)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:168)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:379)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:766)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:726)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:719)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:94)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:534)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:432)
    08:07 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465) 

Can some one fix this plz when i try /npc create name then i get this error

PublicPerv likes this.
  30. Offline

gabriel11798

Also fullwall does it matter for collect quests how you obtain the item?

31. Offline

Lolmewn

Sure. I have a plugin (Skillz) and when a player dies it has the option to remove some of his skill levels.
    But when a guard dies, it also fires the EntityDeath Event. (I can understand that, as it is an Entity)
    But when I try if(event.getEntity() instanceof Player) it returns true for the guard.
    and because the guard doesn't have a file with his skills in it, it errors.

I could, of course, check if the entity is an NPC, but as not all servers have Citizens that's not handy.