[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

FoopertDaBear

Hey there, I'd just like to say that this plugin looks AWESOME POSSUM! Its a really great idea, and I love how many of my friends can trade with the NPC's, but just as a reccomendation, I was wondering if maybe the citizens could possibly move, and walk?
    For instance, if you managed to somehow make a citizen walk around and talk, itd be like a real citizen. When you spawn a cow, sheep, chicken, zombie etc. they move and walk randomly. If you could somehow manage to get the citizens to move like the already "built in" animals of minecraft, then this plugin would be GOD-like. If not, one of the most genius plugins ever created. It would change and create a revolutionary minecraft, and would be one hell of a fun ride.
    Anyways, I dont know a whole lot about coding and such, but I understand that this must be a VERY difficult process, please take your time with this project. Like they say, slow and steady wins the race :D
    P.S Great plugin! Keep up the good work!

3. Offline

seanski9

Hello im new to bukkit,and i am having a huge problem with the Citiaens plugin.

When i spawn citizens and then shut down the server later after saving, they dont reappear.
    so i have to remake all of the citizens.

how can i fix this. i am just trying to start a private rp server

4. Offline

zoobdo

after server was turned off and put back they dont have the selling options anymore

5. Offline

gmore70

Its a new plugin. I have seen similiar posts like yours before. They are working hard on getting out a new update really soon. From what the plugin developers have posted, it sounds awesome....If I was you, I would wait for the update.

Anyways, I felt like helping and answering just because your new and I know its a steep learning curve. I hope it helps.

6. Offline

gmore70

nope..whats annoying is reading the same freaking question asked by millions of people who flood this great plugin and bury useful questions and answers for the rest of us.

Did you even try to read the section where they explain how to set it up and do things. Did you even click on the link that says Wiki. Did you even try to read the posts for similiar q and a.

Sorry for being a troll, but I really want to be able to find real questions and answers so I can make this plugin work great and people who cant read...me off.

Cellybeans likes this.
  7. Offline

ferretlegs

I think this is a difficult call Fullwall as I am sure you have many users operating on different versions of citizens. For example, I have stayed frozen on build 243 because I have great stability and no bugs at all with this version, except for the sometimes disappering npcs during chunk unload (and I have addressed this somewhat by increasing server view distance to 15 and I hardly have a npc disappear these days). I stayed on b243 because I immediately noticed that you had embarked on overhauling your save file system and codebase from this point and knew there would be a new period of instability. I have tested some subsequent versions in a test area and noticed new bugs in existing functionality straight away (understandable) so I've stayed clear until the dust settles.
    The dilemma is that if you do release a 1.7 update I am sure you will want to do this for your current builds and not retrofit your previous builds. Another way to look at it though is to say that if version h is the most current stable and supported build (as is implied in the thread title) then you could do the (hopefully) minor tweaks to make this version 1.7 compatible and leave it at that until your new structures are finalised and stable for a new major release. I am obviously biased in this view due to my setup, but I do think that many people will be the same as me - that is, have followed this plugin closely over a long period and eventually found a good stable production environment that they really will not want to have break when 1.7 happens. I also think that considering that version h (at least build 243 of it anyway) is extremely stable you would then have a cutoff point for new users until you are ready to release your new reworked major version. It would also hopefully reduce the endless amount of duplicated questions about unfinished functionality and transient build bugs that choke this forum.
    As you can hopefully see, I have been a close follower of this plugin for many months so my input above was an attempt to propose a way forward where citizens can continue to be operational and stable for 1.7 for those who have achieved a stable production environment. I am open to persuasion about the specific build, but as a close follower since version d I believe that build 243 is the most stable version of citizens so far for the core npc types of basic, trader, wizard and bandit. If you are planning an interim 1.7 update, I think this would be the most sensible point to cut off at.
    Just my 50 cents worth, hope this helps to stimulate the discussion. :)

gmore70 likes this.
  8. Offline

Albuca

Ive got an issue where the users on the server I am on can /npc copy, but DO NOT own the copies. If I do /npc owner i get: "The owner of this npc is ."
    And it does not get added to the NPC count for the users.
    Any fix for this? Or am I missing a setting?

9. Offline

tcvs

Thx for the great plugin keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!

mbsuperstar1 likes this.
  10. Offline

pixelbat

This might have been mentioned, however I noticed today when you set an NPC on a half block (id 44), the NPC can be pushed around by being bumped into them. When dropping on a full block they don't seem to move when bumped into. Is there a way to lock the NPC in place, or is this a bug?

11. Offline

King_KYl3

Please make underscore work for names :D mine has and has 1 King_kYl3

12. Offline

Deatlev

Where's the command list? Wiki aint working...

13. Offline

Flenix

@Citizens

Ever heard of BukkitContrib? it allows changing skins and so on... ;)

Also, a lot of people have been saying about extreme lag and thats what made me get rid of this plugin a while back (guess its still there) - any chance you could add support for MySQL? it should remove most of the lag. Don't need a complete switchover, just support :)

14. Offline

aPunch

Fixed in the next update.

We are not supporting BukkitContrib. MySQL support will come in the future, most likely after MC Beta 1.8.

Also, don't tag @Citizens as none of us actually check that account unless we are making changes to the OP. Tag fullwall and I - not NeonMaster and TheMPC as they are busy and will not respond to you either.

15. Offline

saki2fifty

16. Offline

Flenix

Aha ok, I just tagged the creator of the OP :)

Thats fair enough, just out of curiosity why not supporting BukkitContrib?

17. Offline

Insanehero

How do you make an npcs name longer than 15 characters?

18. Offline

saki2fifty

Im sure bukkit could add the feature, but as it stands, can only do 15 max.

19. Offline

saki2fifty

Would like to know if the developers are planning on keeping the one-file config file, or are they planning on going back to the multiple config file format?

Looks like the most recent version that you can download now goes back to the multiple file format.

20. Offline

gmore70

Why would you want a 15 character username....brutal to admin...I can totally see where the plugin developers are coming from...

21. Offline

saki2fifty

You can disable it in the mobs.yml file.

22. Offline

tombik

Getting this err :mad:. Pls help. Npcs are not saving to the disc :/.
    Code:
    2011-06-29 22:30:33 [WARNING] Task of 'Citizens' generated an exception
    java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:470)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Properties.Properties.BanditProperties.getStealables(BanditProperties.java:35)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Properties.Properties.BanditProperties.loadState(BanditProperties.java:51)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Properties.PropertyManager.load(PropertyManager.java:46)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCs.NPCManager.register(NPCManager.java:72)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.setupNPCs(Citizens.java:142)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.access$0(Citizens.java:134)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens$1.run(Citizens.java:98)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:138)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:388)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

23. Offline

grindle2000

I just wanted to say Great Plugin!! the only problem i have had is that guards despawn (but i know they are in development and didnt expect them to work ...so no biggie). I to have seen the memory usage but its not to bad .

Keep up the great work on a great plugin
    Grindle2000

24. Offline

GarretSidzaka

2011-06-29 19:22:57 [INFO] [Citizens]: Permissions enabled.
    2011-06-29 19:22:57 [INFO] Done (1.721s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    2011-06-29 19:22:57 [WARNING] Task of 'Citizens' generated an exception
    java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
    at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Properties.Properties.BanditProperties.getStealables(BanditProperties.java:35)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Properties.Properties.BanditProperties.loadState(BanditProperties.java:51)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Properties.PropertyManager.load(PropertyManager.java:46)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCs.NPCManager.register(NPCManager.java:72)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.setupNPCs(Citizens.java:142)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.access$0(Citizens.java:134)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens$1.run(Citizens.java:98)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:438)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

25. Offline

Xom

Added this plugin today, and was loving it...until traders stopped selling -_- Playing with my account and Player to test it. I make NPCs with my guy, then test with Player. I have 5 NPCs; 1 basic, 3 traders and a blacksmith. I run iConomy (also started that today), Player has both iCon and Citizen permissions (only to use basic functions). It was all working fine. I added the third trader and gave it the sell commands and items to sell, all traders also have unlimited active. After that it stopped working, if I click on items to buy them the dialogue doesn't appear and the item quickly pops in then out of my inv. (literally, if you blink you miss it). Would like to get this plugin working again, as it is very nice.

No error message or anything either.

Edit: list pages also don't work. /trader list sell comes up with the first page, if I try to add a 2 to the end of the command, it says page 2 does not exist, though the NPC is selling nearly 2 full pages of items

26. Offline

colefrick

Um ok i make a NPC then herobrine and Something else come on without spawning it :( please help

27. Offline

Xom

OMG...PEOPLE...LEARN TO READ....
    (serverdirectory)\plugins\Citizens\mobs
    spawn: 'true' -> false
    done, that fucking easy, and you wouldn't have had to ask had you read the OP like you should before installing....

gmore70 likes this.
  28. Offline

TPO

I get the same error...

29. Offline

Hirutenshi

Got some other way to get custom skins in your sleeve?

30. Offline

JamesS

Its not chestplate, Type in /npc torso <item id>

:D :D

31. Offline

fullwall

@Hirutenshi - custom skins is not very hard to implement >.> The reason we are against BukkitContrib is that it is, in my opinion, a little bloated and against the philosophy of Bukkit itself. That is not to knock Afforess, who has done a lot of work on it, just my opinion ;).

Hirutenshi likes this.