[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

Qwertyuiop8

Some of the npc's aren't going away when i remove them. Somehow a second one will form in the same spot as the original, and when i remove the original, the second one doesn't and wont go away.

3. Offline

tustin2121

Names are case-sensitive. This was my problem.

4. Offline

m5k

Any chance of adding skin/cape choices with BukkitContrib?

5. Offline

Insanehero

How do you make an NPC's name longer than 15 spaces?

6. Offline

alexz1997

If i start that then there is allways a npc called aPunch. why please help its really annoying

7. Offline

Brendeazy22

Everytime i restart my server, all of my NPC's are being deleted and i don't know why. and since the server is technic ally turned off while restarting i'm pretty sure im not getting any error report.

8. Offline

ohmydoddtv

What do I need to type in for a trader to sell some sort of colored wool? The item ID's don't seem to work because of the lil number on top of them :/

9. i've got exactly the same problem.. and i have no idea why.. he is saving a couple of my NPC's but all my newly create ones well they just dissapear

10. Offline

Pink Floyd

The only issue I have is non permission related but more what appears to be development related. Why do traders only buy from you if you have previously bought an item from the stock?

11. Offline

sprk1ng

is it possible add a skin to the npc?

12. Offline

PyPKjE

23:02:56 [INFO] [iConomy] Logging is currently disabled.
    23:02:56 [INFO] [iConomy] v5.01 (Eruanna) loaded.
    23:02:56 [INFO] [iConomy] Developed by: [Nijikokun]
    :confused:
    23:02:56 [INFO] [Citizens]: version [1.0.8h] (Realist) loaded
    23:02:56 [SEVERE] [Citizens]: A Permissions plugin isn't loaded, commands can only be used by ops.
    23:02:56 [INFO] [Citizens]: Payment method found (iConomy version: 4)

Maybe someone can explain things trouble? :/

13. Offline

sssss465

show message
    18:28:15 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    18:28:15 [SEVERE] at com.fullwall.resources.redecouverte.NPClib.NPCSpawner
    .spawnBasicHumanNpc(NPCSpawner.java:37)
    18:28:15 [SEVERE] at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCs.NPCManager.register(NPCMan
    ager.java:63)
    18:28:15 [SEVERE] at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.setupNPCs(Citizens.jav
    a:142)
    18:28:15 [SEVERE] at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.access$0(Citizens.java
    :134)
    18:28:15 [SEVERE] at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens$1.run(Citizens.java:98
    )
    18:28:15 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainT
    hreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:138)
    18:28:15 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:386)
    18:28:15 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:309)
    18:28:15 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:422)
    18:28:15 [WARNING] Task of 'Citizens' generated an exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCs.NPCManager.register(NPCManager.java:66)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.setupNPCs(Citizens.java:142)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.access$0(Citizens.java:134)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens$1.run(Citizens.java:98)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(C
    raftScheduler.java:138)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:386)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

What is wrong? I have latest build of bukkit, and Permissions 2.1

14. Offline

Tauryuu

What trouble? It seems like you don't have Permissions by TheYeti, but it shouldn't stop you from using Citizens. The only downside is all of your players can create NPCs.

15. Offline

sssss465

Wrong version Permissions... Maybe.

16. Offline

JamesS

I can only assume the ones like herobrine are actual players which its using the skins from. If you make an npc called marbleblood you'll get my charecters gay-pride type skin :D

17. Offline

Xemnas33

Yes they are actual players.

18. Offline

FireFreak111

Exactly, you have Permissions 2.1. Update to 3.1.6.

sssss465 likes this.
  19. Offline

BlueMoon

Hey,

got a little problem here...

Whenever I try to make a trader, it says that I don't have an economy plugin installed...
    But in my log from the server it says:
    Code:
    [Citizens] : Payment method found (iConomy version: 5)
    But in-game, it doesn't work...

Any help?

Thanks in advance

20. Offline

Gilbertamie

Looking forward to 935 update :) I think that's why it's not detecting BOSEconomy or letting me set up traders :p

21. Offline

Hitman4Hire

When I do /npc chestplate 303 nothing happens? I've tried shirt, chest, plate and middle.

22. Offline

Nachocuban

23. Offline

sprk1ng

24. Offline

fullwall

There *may* be an update for 1.7, as that will break compatibility with Citizens - however, we are debating whether to hold off until our saving method is at least stable, as there have been significant changes to the codebase. The update will probably not include *fully* functioning questers, but will provide stability improvements, a better API, better codebase, and per-NPC waypoints (though perhaps with a choice between minecraft (faster but has a quite significant bug) or my home-grown pathfinding (slower and perhaps not fully functioning in all cases)). Please provide input on this as you see fit.

25. Offline

Chris96

When I make an trader it wont let me sell anything to it...
    It says: you dont have enough money available to "buy" dirt1"

26. ive got a problem with some npc's ive made an npc character and it was a trader and i used the npc move command and now the NPC doesnt have an ID nor can i select it or anything.. when i reload everything, the server, the plugins or try to select any npc's i cant get rid of this one npc or move him. is there anyway i can relink him with an id or delete him?

27. Offline

__Brian__

Work in 935?

28. Offline

Jonathan Thorpe

Try it :)

29. Offline

gmore70

1.7 Thursday....I will not be updating my server until Bukkit, plugins etc update. I have told that to my server population and reminded them not to update. They all remember that it could easily be 10 days - like the last few times - before we have stable RB.

That in mind, if you have a pretty could handle on it for RB 935, go for it.

Finally, if its a debate....put it as a Development Build (fix DB link) and say no support. Remember, best way to test is to have a DB out there on real servers to see how we can break it....

BTW, I can appreciate why you might be holding off considering this plugin users cant read (poor you, I dont know why)....so maybe a DB is the way to go....

30. Offline

lukesterh

When i hit my npcs once they attack me once but then they jsut follow me and i cant hit them or anythin and they wno't go?

31. Offline

Cellybeans

Hoohoo! I'm glad to see plans for a new release in the near future, even if 1.7 means more delays. The Adventurer's Guild is just lonely without the NPCs there. I was having problems with the latest release (saving, NPCs going glitchy if numbers or underscores are in the name, and so on) and I heard good remarks on the developmental build, and so I tried that (I LOVE the new file formats! and blacksmith pricing omg) but it chewed up so much memory with 5 NPCs (all traders) I got an "Out of Memory" error first time ever after people reported major lag, just a few hours after server startup. I had 8 GB RAM at that time, now at 12GB.

And anytime I try to use it now, it's still memory hogging to major lag. So it's out of commission for now. :( Does anyone else have this issue? If it's acknowledged already, I assume it'll be fixed with release? The proper v1.0.8h build didn't seem to cause that problem (despite its many others), and I don't know if the most recent DBuild does this still, but it's a fairly big deal if you don't already know about it.

Overall though, I am very excited for this plugin. I was planning to use NPCX, but your trader system won me over easily, and though I planned to use Citizens for traders and NPCX for others, Citizens has a much better dev team so it's actually moving forward instead of remaining stagnant save for minor update fixes. [pig]

It's unfortunate there are so many people who can't read, it pisses me off because it masks the real information needed. Yes, being able to choose skins would be nice, but it can't change so there's no point in whining about it. Meanwhile, there are a number of player names possible... Here's a list of real names (they have a skin, create/name change until you find one you like) in no particular order, for those who can read. Capitalization matters!
    Show Spoiler
    Names:
    BarkeepAstley
    WaywardVagabond
    Niea
    DaveChaos
    Cleric
    Fred
    Adventurer
    Guard
    Xephos
    Honeydew
    Moonania
    Fumblemore
    LadyFajra
    Zephinie
    Nebulis
    Cellybeans
    Keeria
    hyperice
    Talkahuano
    bensciguy
    Valentine
    lomadia
    phatima
    DoctorHorrible
    DoctorHouse
    nepeta
    feferi
    Gamzee
    JadeHarley
    Kanaya
    Bobby
    Uzgut
    gorrodomon
    CuriousGeorge
    JackNoir
    BecNoir
    becquerel
    BoomBoomBoomBoom
    bambam
    devilbeast
    Poseidon
    Neptune
    Wanderer
    tyranno
    Swashbuckler
    Rogers
    Chef
    Bubbles
    GLaDOS
    Shredder
    hyper
    Oxygen
    Flour
    sexybeast
    Toffeecrisp

Um, I hope that's helpful anyway. ^^;
    I will continue quietly doing the antsy-pants update dance now. Looking forward to both this and pistons!