[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

Tulips

i have no idea, i changed the id values and numbers of how many inside the citizens stuff but it didnt effect anything..

3. Offline

MIK_1st

If you get iConomy it SHOULD replace it, it did for me.

4. Offline

saki2fifty

5. Offline

Icewold

Why can't I kill them ? I can hurt them one time when they just follow me ?

6. Offline

jp_foxrocks

is this compatible with 928?

7. Offline

fullwall

Yes, it's compatible. Usually it's only minecraft updates that will break Citizens.

mbsuperstar1 likes this.
  8. Offline

jp_foxrocks

ok ok tnx :)

9. Offline

Legolas75893

Any update on the disappearing NPCs bug?

10. Offline

fullwall

Should be fixed in next version. To all: the next version involves some major rewrites etc. to make the code cleaner and better. It will also add some major features in the form of guards+questers. This *will* take time. Please be patient - we are working as hard as we can.

mbsuperstar1 likes this.
  11. Offline

sanderth

I've got a problem I'll just paste the code here:
    [​IMG]

I deleted all the recent made NPC's manually by removing the ID's of the NPC's in the Basic NPC folder. I also looked in the jar file of the mod but couldn't find the name of the npc that caused the error. Right now the npc mod doesn't function, please help me.

Edit: Sorry, I was wrong. The NPC mod does function, only thing is. I can't create any NPC's.

12. Offline

fullwall

@sanderth - please check citizens.locations. You have a malformed name (the format is ID_name - you're missing an id somewhere I'd think).

mbsuperstar1 likes this.
  13. Offline

timzer3

For some reason when i create a NPC it wont follow me even if i set myself as owner, help?

14. Offline

Andrew1431

type /toggle guard after selecting it, it only follows me if I set it as a guard.

15. Offline

Boelens

Hello, I like your plugin, but I have a problem with my trader. I inserted the items in his inventory and put it that he has an infinite amount of stock. When someone tries to take an item of it howsoever, it says : "(item name) Isn't being sold here." Any help? Using build 860. No iconomy or permissions.

16. Offline

fullwall

mbsuperstar1 likes this.
  17. Offline

petmeister

@fullwall - Lastly, I think what separates those that disappear from the 2 that never disappear is I created the first 2 with yellow flowers. All others have had iConomy turned on. Also, this is not a case of them dropping to the bottom of the map. They are removed completely from the server. Thanks again for your help.

18. Offline

Boelens

@firewal
    Do you seriously think I haven't tried that yet? :/. There is no command. I used the infinite stock command.

19. Offline

fullwall

@petmeister - perhaps they're not saving? Make sure that you shut down the server properly (with 'stop'). @Boelens - /trader [buy|sell] [item] [price].

mbsuperstar1 likes this.
  20. Offline

LukeD1994

@Fullwall, will the new update contain anything for speech recongnition? ie. triggerwords etc. I'd love this :) js

21. Offline

aPunch

Who is firewal?

22. Offline

Draconicus

I'll wait for Citizens before I upgrade Bukkit.

23. Offline

Boelens

@fullwall
    The problem is that I do not have iconomy.

24. Offline

anfunnyq

How do i make an npc? i dont get it

25. Offline

petmeister

We are hosted on Servercraft which is never shut down. Thanks for the reply, though. We'll do some more investigating.

26. Offline

anfunnyq

Why doesnt it say anything when i do /npc or /citizens?

27. Offline

anfunnyq

Doesnt do anything either, but i can select the npcs (The evil npcs do spawn, like aPunch) but cant toggle em either

28. Offline

JamesS

What instantly puts me off this is the inability to put skins on different NPC's without them being bound to charecter names. Apart from that, its very easy to configure and works smoothly. Just a shame all I can make is Attack of the Clones.

29. Offline

GmK

You are put off by a fact that noone can change? Sad...

Boon Pek likes this.
  30. Offline

sanderth

Ok, I don't have the error anymore. But now I've got this:
    [​IMG]
    At least, it isn't an exception so I guess it isn't that worse, eh?

Edit: I was right, ain't bad... Restarted the server and the thing was gone. I can create npc's now again, thank you very much!

31. Offline

Safetybrick

Can anyone tell me how the Citizens.itemlookup file works? from what i can tell it allows the plugin to pull up items with the special values. right?