[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

Mrjibidi

Can anyone help me with my problem? Is this citizens plugin mysql or what is it??

3. Offline

Sir Joe

What is your progress on this? Not trying to be pushy just curious :)

4. This.is.epic...

I could help with development if you need anything? it seems pretty massive :D

5. Offline

relik0fages

You didnt mention what your problem was.

6. Offline

Mrjibidi

We
    Well i kinda wanted to know is citizens mysql or what. And i dont know if that is making me having a problem. Cuz this plugin wont work if my permission/textfile is named "my server name"

7. Offline

relik0fages

Im pretty sure it doesn't use MySql. I believe its FlatFile. As there are no .db file saves for Citizens.
    And if this isnt working with your permissions plugin you either 1) have an outdate version or 2)its not configured with permissions properly.

8. Offline

Mrjibidi

Umm how do i know what am i using?? :)

9. Offline

turtlelink2

How will you be doing the traders? I know nothing about programing, but if its possible I suggest opening up a chest interface when right clicking them, the chest being the store and the players inventory.....the players inventory...

10. Offline

Bronski

YourServerName.yml

11. Offline

relik0fages

@fullwall
    Thought you might be interested in the error ive been getting:
    12:58:32 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    12:58:32 [SEVERE] at com.fullwall.resources.redecouverte.NPClib.NPCSpawner
    .RemoveBasicHumanNpc(NPCSpawner.java:101)
    12:58:32 [SEVERE] at com.fullwall.Citizens.BasicNPCHandler.despawnNPC(Basi
    cNPCHandler.java:436)
    12:58:32 [SEVERE] at com.fullwall.Citizens.WorldListen.onChunkUnloaded(Wor
    ldListen.java:32)
    12:58:32 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$35.execute(Ja
    vaPluginLoader.java:339)
    12:58:32 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(Regist
    eredListener.java:59)
    12:58:32 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(Simpl
    ePluginManager.java:255)
    12:58:32 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.a(ChunkProvi
    derServer.java:216)
    12:58:32 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.World.g(World.java:1416)
    12:58:32 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:348)
    12:58:32 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:272)
    12:58:32 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:366)

12. Offline

Mrjibidi

ok but any knowledge of why my plugins wont work cause of this .yml file?

13. Offline

OkinKun

heh, I can't wait until these can do quest-like things, and walk from waypoint to waypoint. I have so many plans! =D

14. Offline

Edras

How can we find the Minecraft skin database ?
    Edit: ok i find --"

15. Offline

Aidan Moseley

just to be nice for fullwall, if you havnt been arsed to read through all the comments etc (i totally understand so tedious) but he mentions how hes having real life problems so progress aint as quick as they wer before but i still have faith in him and i personally give him all my hope for a speedy recovery.

16. Offline

gods

Question: when doing way points will you be able to have them be at a certain place for a certain amount of time...? Also can they interact with the environment? (Pulling switches and stuff) Cause I want to make a living town like in oblivion where npcs go to different areas at different times of the day....

17. Offline

Mickey

Any hope for a future feature?
    Such as

/npc create guard
    /npc setskin (player with a guard skin)

So we can pick our own names for the NPCs?

18. What? You can already pick your own name for the NPCs. /npc create <npc name here>. As said on probably every page here, you can't assign skins to NPCs, as it grabs the skin off of minecraft.net, according to the NPC's name. So a /npc setskin command wouldn't work.

19. Offline

enkryptor

20. Offline

fullwall

uQuest most likely.

21. Offline

mrgreaper

hows the work going on traders?

22. Offline

Sol

I sent you a present for being so awesome.

Also, looking forward to the re-release of this plugin. I can't wait till I can have multiple NPCs of the same name :D

~Sol

23. Offline

Aidan Moseley

@Sol

yh I can't waint for NPC's with same name either, as having City1_Guard1, City1_Guard2 etc really dont look very good.

24. Offline

Deikkan

It may have been already mentioned but would it be possible to set an alias for NPC's, after setting them an 'ID' name? That way, if 'User1234' happens to have a King skin you want to use, you can do /npc create User1234 to make the npc, and then /npc alias User1234 King_Geoffrey to make his name appear as 'King_Geoffrey'.

LlmDl likes this.
  25. Offline

qrux

I don't think that's possible, because the skins are fetched from the minecraft.net servers based on the name.
    But now that i think of it, with several plugins you can change your name with nicknames and the skins still stay. So maybe it is possible, using that method! :)

26. Not possible. Those change the names of your name in chat (I've not seen one that changes the name above a players head, so correct me if I'm wrong...) not the players actual name, so of course, they keep their skin.

27. Offline

Major

You can't say it isn't possible unless you know for sure ;)
    But I'm pretty sure it's an issue with MineCraft, not bukkit/this plugin.

FullWall I'll love you forever if you update to 531 :D

28. But I am sure. FullWall himself also said in this thread it's not possible.

29. Offline

Evan Melvin

It isn't. it's been discussed to death in every thread talking about npcs. Stop asking.

30. Offline

klb221

-.- so how do we install it.

31. You're joking, right? Extract the Citizens.jar and Citizens folder to your plugins folder.