[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

James Kinch

It looks good I can only seem to get two Herobrines that dont move and there underwater and there not dying AND I dont have mobs on. I haved tried the wiki but its rubbish.

3. Offline

availer

Are you aware of the HUGE BUG with traders?

You can easily steal from traders by closing the inventory screen while you the item is floating.

Is it possible to fix?

4. Offline

fullwall

@James Kinch - set spawn to false in mobs.yml
    @availer - no I am not aware. Can anyone confirm?

5. Offline

Xemnas33

They're not finished, and Wiki: Evil NPCs. Now before you call something rubbish maybe take your time to look.

See above ^^.

6. Offline

availer

Fullwall, trust me, it's very true, I'm running a 150 slot server with 100+ users on. A few people figured it out, we removed it so we need this fixed ASAP if possible. Thank you again for this amazing plugin.

7. Offline

phondeux

Okay, I created some NPC's and they work great but ran into a problem. A player named "Some_Guy" wanted an NPC. I gate him one ... but the NPCs name only showed up as Some. Hm. So I renamed him using a space instead and this worked. Then I gate the NPC to "Some_Guy" but now he's non-interactive and i can't regain control of him to delete him.

I assume, after reading this entire 169 page thread, it's the underscore causing the problem. How do I delete this NPC manually?

8. Offline

GoldenX

@fullwall , @NeonMaster, @thempc and @aPunch

I found a big issue.

When a player selects a npc trader (right-click) with food in his hand, the food heals him and doesn't disapear. This allows to be heal for free.

Thank you

daren likes this.
  9. Offline

daren

TRADERS ARE BUGGED!!!!

You can simply keep spamming the item in the chest of the trader with shift and then leave the shop and keep the item! Please Fix this! As it is a major problem!​

10. Offline

daren

YES That and
    TRADERS ARE BUGGED!!!!

You can simply keep spamming the item in the chest of the trader with shift and then leave the shop and keep the item! Please Fix this! As it is a major problem!​

11. Offline

Psycho Robot

And how exactly is he supposed to know that the myterious herobrines are Evil NPCs? There's no indication anywhere in the wiki that Herobrine spawning on his own is an intentional feature, or that he is classified as an Evil NPC, or even how to remove him. Please try to realise that not everyone who reads the wiki already knows everything. If you DON'T already know everything, then the wiki is indeed severely lacking in information.

Pim1234 likes this.
  12. Offline

Starrk

Hey guys, I noticed that Citizens has some pre-built in Skins. I know you can't set your own skins, but is there some sort of list that I can have that shows all NPC's with skins? Also, would anyone care to share any skins?

Here's my list :

• Icarus = Looks like Ezreal from League of Legends
    • Dominus = James from Pokemon (Team Rocket)
    • Miner = A well skinned miner
    • Citizen = Original Skin (Even with texture pack.)
    • Judge = Flash (Yes the Super Hero from DC Comics.)
    • Guard = Master Chief from the "Halo" series

13. Offline

Xemnas33

I do see your point there, will add it to the page. But even so the NPCs themselves are still not finished and what information is it lacking in? I'd like to know :)

14. Offline

Starrk

15. Offline

FireFreak111

This does need SQL treatment, any ETA on SQL support?

16. Offline

Mendo

17. Offline

T.i.m.O

i´ve got an question....but firstly i would say sorry for my bad english because i am a german boy.
    So now, i created a NPC like its discribet in wiki then i type /toggle guard so he is a guard
    then i say /npc whitelist NAMEOFPLAYER but the bot bully this player also but i didnt know how to fix that problem...

18. Offline

aPunch

Guards are not finished, so there are still many bugs with them.

Nope.

19. Offline

FireFreak111

Also your site is down, I can't connect to the dev build website.

20. Offline

Kafes

Hello, when i use /npc create Jock_Fireblast it creates an npc named Jock only. How can i fix this?

Also, i can't access to minecraft forum and skins preview is disabled(it'll never come back at all will it :/ ) then how can i find players with appropriate skins for my npcs? :p

21. Offline

nope

Awesome. That I can do. In the meantime, is there a way to change their talking distance? As it is now I have to walk into them to have them speak. 3 blocks or so would make for a bit of village chatter while I'm walking around town.

22. Offline

Ailenpangwin

this plugin is amazing, but i think it would be nice if you can set look and talk radiuses per NPC. that would be much help, as some citizens are in different areas, heights, etc. and i dont want them talking too early or too late. thanks :]

-Austin

23. Offline

FireFreak111

Dev site is still down

24. Offline

Raul

How I can see all NPC list?...and how I can delete all NPC's ?

25. Offline

Sydaell

My npc's are gone after server restart. I CAN select them if i know their ID and then move them to me.
    Only npc's located near spawn are ok. Those far away dissapear.
    And what i noticed is that the dissapeared NPC's locations in citizens.locations change. The Y value (the height) becomes something way below zero (example -20000....). So i guess they're way down underground under the map.
    Any fix?

26. Offline

karlmagnus

hey , this is an awesome plugin :DD i use it for my server and it works perfect. But im wondering if its any way so i can choose the skin for the npc myself ? and not have the skin for the person , or the classic skin. It would be awesome.

27. Offline

Pim1234

how is it going with the only part i am interested in?
    guards? i know have already tried them but can you make it so that they 1. jump 2. as bouncer, stay on one spot and when an enemy comes near it kills that player (if the players keeps being in range) and then go back to the spot where he should be 3. guards are reset to default when the server is reloaded (don't know about restart), which is of course annoying

28. Offline

d00ba

Hmm, maybe he should read the MAIN POST? :rolleyes:

"Evil NPCs are not finished yet, if you don't want NPCs named aPunch, Herobrine, or fullwall running around, set spawn to false in mobs.yml"

29. Offline

fullwall

@Pim1234 - just did waypoints for all npcs. \o/.

30. Offline

Pim1234

awesome :)
    and will the guards be like what they are now or will there be features added?

31. Offline

fullwall

There *might* be a wandering guard that can patrol a cuboid.