[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

Xemnas33

Well maybe IF PEOPLE STOPPED VANDALISING THE WIKI AND ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTED TO IT then your wish could be granted. But untill then we have to protect pages and don't exactly have enough time to keep it up to date. Maybe in July we can find some time to sort it.

3. Offline

Draconicus

Some player created some non-functional bandit NPCs, but I can't find a "list all" command for Admins to easily locate them by name.

Furthermore, I can't find this particular "Herobrine" in any of my NPC configs. He's starting to look spooky. x3
    It would be nice if the NPC wand worked universally (all NPCs) for admins. ._.

4. Offline

Xemnas33

Evil NPCs, see the mobs.yml to turn them off. Not sure about the bandits.

5. Offline

Draconicus

The way NPCs are displayed is controlled entirely by mundane Minecraft bits that are already in place. The client believes NPCs are players, and the server handles a lot of the details like skin and such as though these are normal players.

That being said, if we could toggle sneak mode on the NPCs' names they could have a visibility limited to being in the same room. :3

DEVS: Consider looking into HeroSneak for inspiration.

6. Offline

LeckerTeeOh

@
    Sry I don't see it. I just want to help with it.

7. Offline

fullwall

@Draconicus - there is already sneak functionality available, we just haven't implemented a way to hook into it.

8. Offline

hiro24

9. Offline

fullwall

@hiro24 - we're already far advanced into our own methods of questers. Also, that plugin relies entirely on uQuest, which we don't want to use.

10. Offline

jp_foxrocks

hey how do you tame npc's its said in mob.yml the fail tame message?? ;) and it says it drop a [cake] (data value)

11. Offline

fullwall

@jp_foxrocks - you right click with the tame item.

12. Offline

Jaxkr

Does this conflict with NPC Trader?

13. Offline

Maskur

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but when I try to repair an item at a blacksmith and I dont have enough cash it tells me correctly how much money I'm missing. However if i try to repair another item, no matter what item, it tells me the same message again even If i could repair that specific item.
    When I finally get enough money to repair the first item but choose to repair another item it charges me the correct amount of money.

A server restart fixes it.
    So this means if i happen to try to repair an item that i can't afford I'm unable to repair another item until I get the money that the first item would cost to be repaired.

Hope I made that clear.

14. Offline

Koks

erro when i will create an npc comes that erro An internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command. Can someone help me??sorry my english is not good

15. Offline

Shortee

Ahoy, wonderful Plugin!
    Bug report because it´s not in the list nor the wiki: NPCs under waterlevel can be pushed around :(
    Keep up the good work!

16. Offline

Lostan

G'day together.
    We r looking 4 a good NPC plugin for our server.
    I was just wondering if there already is a release date for the waypoint mechanic of the NPCs? For our server that is a very important feature.
    Thanks in advance.
    Lostan

17. Offline

Icewold

Hey nice work!! But why can't I killed them ? :D

18. Offline

ohmydoddtv

Can someone please tell me how the Questers are going? I really need them implemented within the next week! If everything goes well you will be receiving donations from me every now and again ;)

19. Offline

aPunch

They won't be ready by this week.

20. Offline

blove213

ok im having a promblem so i go type help got to page 25 and get npc commands i type in npc and basic and nothing happens im a noob help?

21. Offline

petmeister

Update: Lost 4 Trader NPCs again. This time I stayed online for several hours to give them time to "nest". Traveled to the nether, traveled far outside of chunk drawing distance. Everything seemed fine. This morning they were gone. No other users were online last night, nor do they have the ability to remove them.

22. Offline

michaelsk8

Is there A way To make The Npcs attack Real Players .Like for example Make the herobrine thru /npc create Herobrine.Could i mkae him Attack people .IF not how can i make a herobrine attack people

23. Offline

ohmydoddtv

Ahhh damn, how's development on them going?

24. Offline

aPunch

fullwall is busy this week, so development is at a standstill. When he gets more time, he'll have them done as soon as possible.

25. Offline

blove213

ive read the wiki and all that and i found the commands in my essentials list i typed them in and they dont functio any help?

26. Offline

Exidous

is there any way to remove the unlimited permission to groups that have the citizens.create.trader?

27. Offline

Boltblaster

Downloaded. However, could you please make it so that the wizards don't teleport you beyond a certain range? Thanks!

28. Offline

jp_foxrocks

Tnx fullwal any ways youre pic looks like a black mage in ff XD

29. Offline

Xemnas33

It's Vivi from Kingdom Hearts ;) It's a FF character though.

30. Offline

MugiSNK

When are the Waypoints coming? I'm really excited for this. Because I really want to scare people by spawning Herobrine and to let him walk circles through town :D

31. Offline

fullwall

@jp_foxrocks - Vivi from FF9 :)
    @Xemnas33 - it's from FF9 first :p.
    @MugiSNK - when I finish questers (perhaps might do them concurrently or something).
    Should waypoints be for every npc, or just guards?