[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

ledhead900

@fullwall
    A later CB build fixed Evil NPCS not attacking you!

3. Offline

chubbz

thanks but do you know how to make the NPC walk around like the herobrine and apunch

4. Offline

omerdn1

how can i delete the herobrine and the fullwall?

5. Offline

Tythus

awesome I also meant NPC guards you make too?
    and also would target distance be mod-able?

6. Offline

fullwall

@Tythus - there is already a bouncer protection radius.

7. Offline

JDM_WAAAT

If I'm missing something, let me know - but whenever I try to create a npc, nothing happens. No errors, nothing. Plugin starts normally with no errors.

8. Offline

petmeister

This is an awesome plugin with lots of potential. Great job!

We're looking for solutions to a couple of issues:
    1. NPCs will disappear completely and will not show on /npc list. Strangely, there are 2 NPCs in close proximity that have never disappeared, but others always do. Traders almost always disappear, but even basic ones have as well.
    2. I was testing a Wizard but he disappeared. He then reappeared but is unselectable. He does not appear in /npc list. I can not find a way to remove him.
    3. Is there a way to reset NPC IDs? With all these disappearing npcs, we're up to the 30's even though there are currently only 2 on the server. Minor issue.

Thanks for any help!

9. Offline

fullwall

@petmeister - I am still unable to reproduce this disappearing npcs issue. Does it happen perhaps when you go out of chunk range?

10. Offline

petmeister

@fullwall - No. It seems to take place when I log out. For instance, I set up 4 traders and 1 basic last night and logged back in this morning and they were gone. No other players were online during that time. Note, there is one npc within a few blocks, one of the first I created, that has yet to disappear so I do not believe it is a chunk issue. I've given the server time to save after their creation to no effect.

Thanks for looking in to this.

11. Offline

fullwall

@petmeister - I'm thinking it could be an issue with the chunk unloading code. So, if you make an npc in a non-spawn chunk, then move far enough away that the chunk unloads, does it disappear?

12. Offline

Smit80

Quick question, I understand they are work in progress but are the bouncers supposed to be invincible ?

13. Offline

vapid2323

Ok dumb question I am sure, but I did look at the last few pages and also the wiki.

I want my users to only have access to the basic NPC:

Is the permission: citizens.use.basic ??

14. Offline

petmeister

@fullwall - I created a new one to test this. It did not disappear this time. I walked very far, even to the Nether, but he was still there. I was the only one online at the time. Like you, I can't recreate the problem. It seems random (though I'm sure its not). I'm not sure when the disappearing takes place.

However, the unselectable Wizard disappeared, but he has done this before and returned.

15. Offline

Smit80

I hope this helps, I had a disappearing NPC, He was set as a bouncer and was attacking me, I accidentally :/ dropped lava on him and he 'Died'. However he was still around and invisible, I knew this as he was still attacking me.

16. Offline

rareshutzu

Hey, can you guys make some sort of bankers? I mean when you right click them to open an individual chest for every player? And support like 2-3 bankers? Banker 1 opens chest nr 1, banker 2 opens chest nr 2 and so on. This would be amazing for safe banking :D

17. Offline

SkullM4sher

Thanks guys works perfectly !

18. Offline

iMalware

Awesome plugin. Though it bugged on me with the trader, and since i'm remote accessing it via "Live Mesh" , "Minecraft ReCon", and "milkAdmin". For some reason, when I delete the .jar and folder, restarted the server. The citizen folder keeps reappearing. Not sure if that's the syncing problem but eh. Anyways.

Some suggestions NPCs:
    Fortune Teller:
    -Random Status Effect ( Lose life, Gain Life, Get Item[changable], change weather, change time, etc]
    -Bribed for a higher chance for one of the choices above.
    Beggars:
    -Nothings complete without a few of these npcs following people a short distance before returning to their original spawn point begging for money, and perhaps a %chance of stealing/forcefully taking Economy money.

19. Offline

TheArchitectOne

Need HELP !!! I made a NPC and called him Fred, gave him a ton of stuff to wear and hold, but when i go and copy him all the stuff disappears ! PLS help me out ! I need like 20 of Fred's in my castle !

20. Offline

Tythus

No I mean for guards etc they have a certain range they can see (attack) also bows?

21. Offline

kizwik

It looks awesome, but when I go to do /npc create <name> it says I need 10 YellowFlowers. Is it a permission problem, bcuz I'm an op and the owner of my server.

22. Offline

vapid2323

Ok how do I get this done.... I can setup all the other NPC permissions just fine as they are listed:
    [type] trader
    [type] healer
    [type] wizard
    [type] blacksmith
    [type] guard
    [type] bandit
    [type] quester

Whats the basic NPC node called?

23. Offline

belk

@fullwall - This is going to be a weird question, but here goes.

I'm trying to use CommandSign to execute Citizens commands.
    (more accurately, CommandSigns to a execute CommandHelper script that executes Citizens commands)

https://bitbucket.org/levi_middleton/commandsigns/wiki/Home
    Under the "Giving A Player Access to a Command" section it outlines two ways to elevate user privileges to give them access to commands they normally wouldn't have through a CommandSign.

The /@command notation temporarily elevates their privileges which is what I'm using. WorldEdit and CommandBook elevate privileges just fine, but citizens throws this exception (NullPointer in permissions.canUse()) ....
    Show Spoiler
    Code:
    [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'npc' in plugin Citizens v1.0.8
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:128)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:281)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:718)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:684)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.chat(CraftPlayer.java:142)
            at com.laytonsmith.aliasengine.AliasCore$1.done(AliasCore.java:92)
            at com.laytonsmith.aliasengine.Script.run(Script.java:101)
            at com.laytonsmith.aliasengine.AliasCore.alias(AliasCore.java:83)
            at com.sk89q.commandhelper.CommandHelperListener.runAlias(CommandHelperListener.java:88)
            at com.sk89q.commandhelper.CommandHelperListener.onPlayerCommandPreprocess(CommandHelperListener.java:132)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$5.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:271)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:712)
            at com.edwardhand.commandsigns.CommandSigns.runCommandString(CommandSigns.java:1299)
            at com.edwardhand.commandsigns.CommandSignPlayerListener.runCommand(CommandSignPlayerListener.java:220)
            at com.edwardhand.commandsigns.CommandSignPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(CommandSignPlayerListener.java:169)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:299)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:162)
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.dig(ItemInWorldManager.java:64)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:459)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:217)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:401)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.Permission.canUse(Permission.java:70)
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.Commands.CommandExecutors.BasicExecutor.onCommand(BasicExecutor.java:218)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 31 more

The /* notation won't work with WorldEdit because it runs on a fake user who isn't online. It throws the same Permissions exception with Citizens
    Show Spoiler
    Code:
    [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'npc' in plugin Citizens v1.0.8
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:128)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:281)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:718)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.chat(CraftPlayer.java:142)
            at com.laytonsmith.aliasengine.AliasCore$1.done(AliasCore.java:92)
            at com.laytonsmith.aliasengine.Script.run(Script.java:101)
            at com.laytonsmith.aliasengine.AliasCore.alias(AliasCore.java:83)
            at com.sk89q.commandhelper.CommandHelperListener.runAlias(CommandHelperListener.java:88)
            at com.sk89q.commandhelper.CommandHelperListener.onPlayerCommandPreprocess(CommandHelperListener.java:132)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$5.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:271)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:712)
            at com.edwardhand.commandsigns.CommandSigns.runCommandString(CommandSigns.java:1299)
            at com.edwardhand.commandsigns.CommandSignPlayerListener.runCommand(CommandSignPlayerListener.java:220)
            at com.edwardhand.commandsigns.CommandSignPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(CommandSignPlayerListener.java:169)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:299)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:162)
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.dig(ItemInWorldManager.java:64)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:459)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:217)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:401)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.Permission.canUse(Permission.java:70)
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.Commands.CommandExecutors.BasicExecutor.onCommand(BasicExecutor.java:218)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 31 more

What does Citizens do differently?

24. Offline

fugue2005

i'm having a problem withthe dev build
    if a player opens a trader and then disconnects or crashes it locks him as open to that player.
    so all other players get "can only serve one at a time"

25. Offline

Romh2

ok a another fast question, thx to pawned by the way!^^
    but how can other players buy from the trader, it just says you selected npc Bob (and id)
    and there it stops, i want the players to open the stocking like when you open chests, i have made bob sell stone for 3 dollars.

soo my question is, is it any way to make the trader sell stone? and the players just have to drag the stone from bob to theirself and then loses the money?

26. Offline

lexon

I was using worldedit when it happened, don't know if this helps ... ?

14:29:47 [SEVERE] Could not pass event CHUNK_UNLOAD to Citizens
    java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:848)
    at java.util.HashMap$ValueIterator.next(HashMap.java:877)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Listeners.WorldListen.onChunkUnload(WorldListen.java:52)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$42.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:533)
    at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.unloadChunks(ChunkProviderServer.java:237)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1599)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:389)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)

27. Offline

DrBowe

I was using a dev build, so that I wouldnt have to deal with giving up my precious flowers ;)
    I'll go confirm this now. Should've kept in mind that it was a dev build, and that things were subject to change. :)

EDIT:
    Yup. That did it.
    Although I'd still look into the NPC balance not lowering if players buy from it. (This could possibly be because I set them to unlimited, which may/may not make them have unlimited items AND cash?

28. Offline

Mikoyano

How do I update my citizens without having to delete all my saves?

29. Offline

jimbo8

I have some problems, see these pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT:
    Nvm. I found out how but, it doesn't do anything when i made him a guard. He only follow me.

30. Offline

kizwik

Hello? Why does it take YellowFlowers or why does it atleast say I need YellowFlowers (10 of em) to make a npc?

31. Offline

Soryo

Check the "Economy" config file that's in your plugins folder. The currency ID listed there by default is a yellow flower
    If you want to change it, you can alter the ID to what you want it to cost, or if you want to use the economy mod, on the top replace 'true' with 'false' in the part that says "use-econplugin" Or you can turn off economy altogether and make everything free by changing the "use-economy:" to false