[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. /trader sell 1:64 5

Try that.

Romh2 likes this.
  3. Offline

rspdan

Is there still no way to make NPCs randomly walk around? I searched the thread and it seems like a few people have asked about it but nobody has a real answer yet.

4. Offline

Draconicus

I updated to 1.0.8h and now Citizens is not saving NPCs upon server shutdown.
    I need a solution ASAP - Please help!

5. Offline

GoldenX

Hi !
    How sell an item like black wool 35,15 or lapis lazuli 351,4 ?

6. Offline

fletchmanjr

can u possiably make them able to follow u like the wolfs do

7. Offline

grandwazir

This is a great plugin I really like it. I would like to suggest two features.
    1. Add variables to text - for example %t for the triggering players name
    2. Allow us to somehow set the skin of our NPC. Skinning via armour is fairly limited.
    Keep up the excellent work!

8. Offline

Devian50

If you name the NPC with the name of an existing player on the minecraft.net database the plugin will pull that skin! EX. name an NPC Notch and it will have Notch's cape and skin!

Also... I am being spammed with [INFO] [Citizens]: true in my console... Whats up with that?

9. Offline

Devian50

Temporary Solution! Use one of the latest Development builds! I use the Dev builds too... I just dont want any BIG bugs..

10. Offline

gjossep

Hi,
    I was runing this mod and everything was good but when i stopped my server, and started it again all of the the npc were gone, idk what i did wrong? can u help, thanks

Gjosse

11. Offline

DrBowe

I have a question regarding Blacksmiths:
    For the repair, do they automatically repair more based on damage value?

12. Offline

earliestkrab

I'm not exactly sure... but i believe it was because you stopped the server before the plugin could save the npc's that you have created.
    after creating the npc wait awhile until it saves

(I could be wrong)

OR, if the npc's were already saved and then you stopped the server...
    I have no idea.

13. Offline

Liger_XT5

Lately, no. It doesn't matter how damaged or what material, it will always cost the same amount as the set price for the tool or armor.

Would be nice to charge for how many of the material it takes to make. Or just charge upon damage taken and type of material.

14. Offline

aPunch

Dev builds let you set a base price for each of the materials (gold, iron, wood, etc..), and you are charged a multiple of that price based on how many uses the tool has.

15. Offline

Liger_XT5

Thanks, I downloaded it and I saw the options. I'll let the other users try it and see what they think.

16. Offline

Bear

Any thing on the separator? It would make my day to use underscores in the names.

17. Offline

Liger_XT5

Thought I'd mention I found a bug in Citizens 251. I had to recreate my npcs and when you make an NPC and toggle it to be something, then copy them to another location, their toggle ability isn't copied over.

18. Offline

fullwall

@grandwazir - variables are already in. There's <h> for health, <name> for player name, and another that I forget.
    To all - please don't use the very latest few builds as the entire save system has changed, and there is no conversion process as of yet. Until we get that in, I'd advise sticking away from it. Thank you.

19. Offline

Khyron

Amazing plugin!

One request - i really want everything, buying and selling and setting up, to be available to players but NOT just allow them to generate blocks out of thin air. Can you make the "unlimited" option a separate permissions node or config file option, so that I can keep my players from being able to use it?

20. Offline

fullwall

@Khyron - that is in the next version.

21. Offline

Tythus

Just wondering but can you have an event on the name check for the player with guards? I'm wanting to have guards only attack people of a certain race stored somewhere else? and I would like to not to have to edit it in =/

EDIT:Also can you make the guards aggressive towards other NPCs or certain NPCs?

22. Offline

fullwall

@Tythus - they will probably have an option to be hostile to mob NPCs. I will add a target event in the next version.

23. Offline

gjossep

Thanks! but i used Devian50's sultion!

24. Offline

DrBowe

Just a little bug report:
    /trader balance give|take
    It shows up as an unknown command for me, and it wont let me add to it, or take from it.
    Also, might I suggest an /trader unlimitedbalance on, similar to /trader unlimited? For 'generic' NPC bankers/shop owners, who have no player that needs to stock them with money.

EDIT:
    Also, trader's balances do not update when buying items from players. AKA, they can never go down.

25. Offline

Xlaits

How about a way to customize what the NPC creation costs?
    And I know someone's probably said this before, but iConomy support?

EDIT:
    I'm a moron who can't read. Didn't see the iConomy support thing up there in the first post.

EDIT EDIT:
    Also, maybe having the NPC's say random things at set intervals/random times as an option?
    Town criers would need it, and possibly just to start conversations.

26. Offline

chubbz

I have 2 questions i this flat file and how do I make guards

27. Offline

Arcaian

You don't NEED to set up mySQL. Though it is reccommended. And you makea guard by typing in /create npc and then when you've created the npc, select it (right click it) and type /toggle guard . Though they're not done yet.

28. Offline

fullwall

@DrBoweNur - I take it you're using a development build. It's /trader money give/take in the latest builds. Can anyone else confirm your bug report?

29. Offline

Kaffo

Mine NPCs wont use iConomy?

30. Offline

DeltaDevil

This plugin is pretty shit as for traders, i set the traders to unlimited and they somehow lose everything, ill use iConomyChestShops for now...

31. Offline

Pim1234

well, i have read the whole wiki and i haven't found an answer so here is the problem:

when ever someone does the /citizens help command, they get the "an internal error occured while attempting to perform this command"

and the server gets this:

Code:
    12:27:33 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'citizens' in plugin Citizens v1.0.8
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:128)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:287)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:712)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:678)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:671)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Permission.canUse(Permission.java:70)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Commands.CommandExecutors.BasicExecutor.onCommand(BasicExecutor.java:321)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 12 more