[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

Emiya Shirou

The same economy file?

I'll leave them for now xD Makes things interesting specially if i don't know what are they xD and they literally do notching beside just walking around.

3. Offline

Xemnas33

It's in citizens.yml

4. Offline

Dragonntiger

@fullwall so could the Admins be able to spawn the mobs? like in the future version or ?? cuhs that would be greatly appreciated in my server :]

5. Offline

Emiya Shirou

Ok thanks for all the info ^.^ Starting to get a hold of this xD

6. Offline

Birdtalon

One of my players has complained that they spawned inside a recent NPC placement of themselves and lost everything from it.

I wasn't there at the time but wtf?

7. Offline

Emiya Shirou

Need some more assistance...

Created trader, now i want to set something for him,

I'm looking at
    Code:
    /trader sell item_name/id:amount price
    and
    Code:
    /trader [buy/sell] [item ID(:amount(:data))] [cost(:amount(:data))] 
    and the gray massage telling me the i don't have iconomy if i write /trader sell 37 5 so I'm writting /tader sell 37 5 38 5... and see Unknow command massage (in white) so i try /trader sell 37 5(38 5) the same...

Trying /trader sell 37 5 (38 5) and /trader sell 37 5 ( 38 5 ) gives me the same "Command was not recognized massage" ... I'm sitting on this for last 50 minutes and can't go out of this problem... Help?

EDIT: Btw. is there also a way to set that NPC's would talk while holding any item?

8. Offline

Matt Timmer

haha i love it! I just installed new version, it randomly created a npc and he is just following me around endlessly. His name is fullwall. Thanks for the new "evil" bestfriend!!!

9. Offline

Xemnas33

It's an EvilNPC soon they will do evil things! :D

You don't use commands to sell to traders, the commands set what they can sell and buy. You then need to stock them so other players may purchase items from them :)

10. Offline

Xemnas33

Sorry double post

11. Offline

saki2fifty

Great, i'll try when I get home. And thanks for being thorough / detailed with the reply!
    =========
    Just as a sidenote, and you can completely ignore this (suggestion box?), just some things that would be great to implement (at least in my own world):
    • Need some way to disable users from giving their own NPC any items. This would be good for selling premade NPC's to users, without them modifying it later. This will force them to go back to purchase / upgrade to a newer and better NPC, or visa versa.
    • Force NPC's to be created with unique names... no duplicates allowed.
      • And with that, could you then do a "/npc select [npcname]" instead of the [ID] number?
    • If a faction type system is ever to be implemented (kind of what npcx has), would it not be feasible to get its factions list straight from the "Factions" plugin? Let "Factions" manage the factions, and have Citizens just pull from their SQL data to get its factions info?
    • A setting to allow a certain amount of NPC's per player, per type. So for instance, I only want my players to have 1 Guard, 1 Healer, 1 Wizard, etc. Of course, the quantity can be modified.
    • Personal space / formations. When a player has more than one NPC following, have it to where the NPC's wont overlap like they do now. Maybe have a formations type function... line, staggered, etc.
    • Skins. It would be great to have the plugin apply custom skins, but guess per the docs, not possible.

12. Offline

Dragonntiger

so does anyone else have the problem when you left click an NPC, as an Admin, lightning comes from above and strikes down near them?

13. Offline

Emiya Shirou

That's the main point i was trying to make him something sell and buy... so i still need help with that.

Btw. got me hooked me hooked about doing evil things xD And lol I just meet Herobrine thats the second on my server cuss the real one probably is here as well xD (seen some strange things happening and buildings appearing out of no where that players didn't build...)

14. Offline

ONeill

When I left click on a WEATHER wizard... he tells me nothing. I tried with the item from the settins (default a feather or?) but left click does nothing. I thought he shows me what kind of weather ne makes.
    Right Click starts the weather, that works fine, I just can't see what kind of weather he makes... or do I make sth wrong? I looked it up in the wiki...

15. Offline

Dragonntiger

Hey, another problem I have is with the mobs (I have Herobrine and Israphel) is that it spawns two Israphels instead of both of them at once. o-o

16. Offline

bluemoondevil

Is there a way to configure the blacksmith to charge more/less based on how many uses he is repairing?

17. Offline

Scizzr

Yeah, I think they're working on this. I mentioned it earlier and got this reply from @aPunch :

Still looking forward to some Blacksmith love, but am being patient as it's just one of like a million things the developers are working on. :)

18. Offline

MrKrucible

I really want to use this plugin and have been using it for a while, but until these problems came up:

1) Evil NPCs spawn and are killing my players at the spawn point

2) Whenever i spawn an NPC and reload the server the NPC disappears, it can't be selected with the /npc select [id] command, but is still in the citizens files.

Someone tell me how to fix these problems or tell me if I have to wait for an update. I really want to use this plugin.

19. Offline

aPunch

@MrKrucible in mobs.yml, change spawn to false

20. Offline

strupan

so does anybody know how to fix this falling through the ground thing?

21. Offline

sicksurfer123

22. Offline

sicksurfer123

23. How did you do it sicksurfer?

24. Offline

MrKrucible

and what about my disappearing npcs?

25. Offline

Dametreuss

Whenever i try to do something with my trader involving money it says i dont have iconomy but i do i have iconomy and iconomy chest shop...would i need global shop or something?
    please help...

26. Offline

Liger_XT5

I've looked through the last few pages and didn't see anyone mention this.
    I went through and remade my npc's and noticed something weird with BlackSmiths.
    I have my armor set to 7500 and tools set to 5000, then when someone repairs something, it will charge them the full price of the tool/armor no matter how damaged or what material it is. I might be blind, but didn't this vary in a previous version? I'm not sure if I over looked a setting in the file or not. If I did, I'm sorry, honest mistake.

27. Offline

Soryo

Is it possible to make it so that NPC's have a lightsource coming from them? If they're holding a torch or something, or make the server think there's a torch at their feet? That's be pretty awesome.

28. Offline

NeonJ

Why can't I use the NPC commands? I installed the plugin and have the '*' permission, so I don't see what's wrong.

EDIT: Nvm. Now, how do I stop people from using certain NPC commands? Eg: I don't want people to be able to /tp to their NPC

29. Offline

Tikii

I have over 10Million... ans its not selling its buying so how cant i have enough money ?

30. Offline

Travis Hopkins

ok this is getting freaky. premissions is making users for fullwall and apunch. you guys what are you doing to me!

31. Offline

SulimirCular

I'm on creating a website for my little minecraft server and want to ask if iCould
    use your logo in the plugin section??

Thanks in advance