[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

aPunch

How would they get these stacks of diamonds in the first place? They can't sell them with a trader unless they actually have the items to stock it.....

3. Offline

aPunch

This goes against our license, which states that you may not redistribute any of the code that fullwall, NeonMaster, TheMPC, or myself have coded. Please remove your thread as soon as possible.

4. Offline

LarsMaehlum

Well, say you set your trader to unlimited, and stock him with 8 diamonds for 0.01. You buy 7 of these, and put them back into the trader. Now you have a stack, and since you can set unlimited you get as many you want nearly for free.

5. Offline

Randy Schouten

What do you mean?
    I made use of the API you guys made.
    The only thing I used from your plugin is the "isNPC" check.
    I write all my plugins from scratch, nothing was used that you guys wrote.
    I'll even show you the source if you want.

I respect the effort you guys put into this plugin, and I'm not going to steal anything.
    As I said, it only links Citizens and uQuest, nothing more.

6. I have some issues with traders:
    - An player that has '*' permissions can open trade with a NPC owned by someone else but as soon as the inventory opens, the translation log ends, same for stocking your owned NPCs, it finishes right after it starts.
    - A player that has citizens.use.* permission can't use traders, nothing happens on right click.

So how can I make it work ?

7. Offline

aPunch

Please provide the source.

8. Offline

Tony Xu

Hello guys, I m having some issues setting up my npcs
    Whenever I typed in a name when I m creating an Npc, the numbers or .,() won't show up???

9. Offline

LarsMaehlum

This is a known bug. Please read before posting..

10. Offline

Randy Schouten

Started a private conversation with the 2 classes linked in it.

11. Offline

aPunch

Sorry, guys. I overreacted when I found out Randy was using our code. Turns out he is just using our one API method, which I actually forgot about. :p Consider me a pompous jackass and please go have a look at his plugin. It looks very cool. :)

12. Offline

Randy Schouten

Thank you, aPunch. :)
    Sorry if I seem like an attention-youknowwhat, but here's the link again incase some ignored it due to the misunderstanding: Clickiedieclick.

Drageer and aPunch like this.
  13. Offline

DrBowe

Oh, so there is an isNPC() check that can be used without license issues?
    Thank God! My compass plugin's Player-Tracker was picking up NPCs as well, and using this, I can squash that bug easily!
    /fistpump

14. Offline

Randy Schouten

/fistbump back

Just as a quick "tutorial", this is how to use it.
    I couldn't really find how to use it, but this how it got it working :)

How to use it:
    Code:
    //Import class
    import com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCs.NPCManager;

//Hook Citizens into your plugin (put in the main constructor)
    public static com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens Citizens;

//Then use it like this (example)
    if(NPCManager.isNPC(event..getEntity())){

15. Offline

DrBowe

You, sir, just made my life that much easier. I will go code this in and see if it works properly.

16. Offline

Randy Schouten

No problem.

Send me a PM if it doesn't work (or post it here).
    I'm going to sleep so I won't be on this thread for some time :p

17. Offline

DrBowe

Amazing. Took about 5 seconds and fixed probably one of the most annoying bugs for my server in regards to my plug-in. Thanks!

And @ anyone on the Citizen's DEV team, thank YOU for making an open API to use! I was afraid I'd be stuck with this bug without a cure!

18. Offline

DrBowe

What he's saying, is that if players can set unlimited stock, then all they need to do is place 1 diamond into the merchants inventory, then give it unlimited stock, then buy it back for whatever price they want.
    I think...

19. Offline

availer

Then why is there a permission node for unlimited stock?

And wouldn't that make it absolutely useless?

20. Offline

DarKMaKa

Just for be sure, traders that aren't trading still a bug or it's only for me?
    They are here, the've got an inventory but they are selling nothing.
    Also all my NPCs that are ony buying have been deleted :s

On server load I have:
    Code:
    2011-06-10 01:24:51 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-06-10 01:24:51 [SEVERE] at com.fullwall.resources.redecouverte.NPClib.NPCSpawner.spawnBasicHumanNpc(NPCSpawner.java:36)
    2011-06-10 01:24:51 [SEVERE] at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCs.NPCManager.register(NPCManager.java:64)
    2011-06-10 01:24:51 [SEVERE] at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.setupNPCs(Citizens.java:177)
    2011-06-10 01:24:51 [SEVERE] at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.access$0(Citizens.java:168)
    2011-06-10 01:24:51 [SEVERE] at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens$1.run(Citizens.java:132)
    2011-06-10 01:24:51 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:138)
    2011-06-10 01:24:51 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:388)
    2011-06-10 01:24:51 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
    2011-06-10 01:24:51 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-06-10 01:24:51 [WARNING] Task of 'Citizens' generated an exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCs.NPCManager.register(NPCManager.java:67)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.setupNPCs(Citizens.java:177)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.access$0(Citizens.java:168)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens$1.run(Citizens.java:132)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:138)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:388)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

Blacksmisht and healers are working well.

21. Offline

Glenn Burchett

Well that kinda gets to be a pain after moving 40 or so NPC's individually. And also another thing, how about creating NPC's with numbers in them? The numbers don't show up. And spaces or underline dashes like _ don't work either.

22. Offline

Riolu

/toggle

23. Offline

Riolu

I hope, fixed version of Citizens will come soon :)

24. Offline

Shalobee

not sure if you were aware but the permission nodes on the trader page of the wiki are wrong. heh took me a good 30 mins of scratching my head trying to figure out why my players couldn't toggle a trader. the correct nodes are in the permissions part but i didn't think to look there till much later. so just in case you didn't already know thought i would tell ya. Awesome additions by the way can't wait for fully function questers although ill have to check out that other guys plugin in the mean time cause i already use uQuest :)

25. Offline

Shalobee

lol see my post below your original perhaps that is your problem.

26. Offline

Xovq

Would it be possible to make an NPC say a different message to players from different groups?

27. Offline

Withless

is the trader currently bugged? i'm unable to sell or buy items from them after i've made them trader i give them about 500 dollars then i set their stock to unlimit and set /trader buy 1:10

and give them a few blocks to sell i then change owner but when i try to buy anything i take it right from him and when i try to sell my blocks just split

28. Offline

felipepcjr

my npcs are sinking into the ground all the time, like 30 blocks beneath

29. Offline

Sheldor_TC

I did read, not here, but somewhere else, just wanted to comfirm it

30. Offline

Simzy

I came across a bug when making a trader on my friends server, i input the value for an item, say cocoa beans for example which is item ID 351 but has a damage modifier so that it becomes 351:3 but the problem is that the traders dont recognise this as cocoa beans instead it only recognises it as Ink Sack, am i doing the command wrong by any chance? ive tried using cocoa beans as the item name too but it doesnt work.

31. Offline

KayoticSully

I am having an issue. I have the permissions set up and even citizens help command is telling me I do not have permission. Are the permission nodes on the wiki wrong?

EDIT:
    I just enabled citizens.* and now I have full access. So it seems that the Permission nodes are wrong on the wiki. Does anyone know what the correct permission nodes are?

EDIT:
    Also it seems that it is not detecting iConomy at all and is trying to use flowers to spawn an npc rather than a money cost. could be related.