[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

aPunch

What do you need help with?

3. Offline

Doel

@TheDaddyPeanut they talk from themselve 1 time after reloading the server but if you wanna talk w them just right click it with nothing in ur hand. You talk to them doin that

4. Offline

EggRoll

uQuest support would be awesome.
    Plus, why is it that the NPC only talks once when I'm near it? And whenever I get near it again, it doesn't ever talk again.

5. Offline

Exidous

is there a way to sell stacks to the traders? my players are already complaining about carpel tunnel....or broken mice.

6. When I spawn an NPC, it only talks once and then doesn't talk again until I restart the server. Even if I hit him, he does not talk.

7. Offline

zmshotz

What is the permission node for other players to buy/sell from my traders? Right now they can't.
    I currently have these permission nodes for the default players:
    citizens.general.select
    citizens.trader.stock

8. Offline

NouvelleOrange

I don't think I got an answer for this. Is there a way to solve my problem on my server?

9. Offline

cholo71796

After setting so many prices on a trader NPC, my console gives me this message and clears all prices I have entered. It's quite frustrating. Using build 766.
    Code:
    2011-05-21 00:20:55 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'trader' in plugin Citizens v1.0.8
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:278)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:682)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:645)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:639)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:196)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:372)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:287)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
        at java.util.Arrays.copyOfRange(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.String.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.StringBuffer.toString(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.Properties.saveConvert(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.Properties.store0(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.Properties.store(Unknown Source)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.PropertyHandler.save(PropertyHandler.java:144)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.PropertyHandler.setString(PropertyHandler.java:215)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.PropertyHandler.setString(PropertyHandler.java:219)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Utils.TraderPropertyPool.setStockables(TraderPropertyPool.java:103)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Utils.TraderPropertyPool.saveStockables(TraderPropertyPool.java:121)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Traders.TraderNPC.addStockable(TraderNPC.java:43)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.CommandExecutors.TraderExecutor.changeTraderStock(TraderExecutor.java:299)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.CommandExecutors.TraderExecutor.onCommand(TraderExecutor.java:95)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 12 more
    2011-05-21 00:20:58 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'trader' in plugin Citizens v1.0.8
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:278)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:682)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:645)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:639)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:196)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:372)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:287)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
        at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.StringBuilder.append(Unknown Source)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Utils.TraderPropertyPool.addToStockableString(TraderPropertyPool.java:99)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Utils.TraderPropertyPool.saveStockables(TraderPropertyPool.java:119)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Traders.TraderNPC.addStockable(TraderNPC.java:43)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.CommandExecutors.TraderExecutor.changeTraderStock(TraderExecutor.java:299)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.CommandExecutors.TraderExecutor.onCommand(TraderExecutor.java:95)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 12 more

I'd be glad to provide more information.

10. Offline

gmore70

I just updated to the new recommend build of 798. Now when I run Citizen I cant login to my server. I did try to reinstall a new copy Citizen, but the same problem.

Im running on a McMyAdmin so my console is limited and I cant get the error log. Anyone else get this same problem with update to 798. Can you post error log.

11. Offline

lolgc

I would rather like tO See it wOrking with uquest. Eventhough i want that they Attack and have Health :) and pathfinding
    Regards lolgc

12. Offline

fullwall

I will be working on questers in a few weeks. We just did the first preliminary test of pathfinding today - it was pretty cool :).

13. Offline

ledhead900

I'm still waiting on a reply to my post about the command for this some pages back.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...wizards-out-now-766.7173/page-106#post-310770

IMO the wiki confusing, The commands should just be split up into sections on what you would norm give to players to use and copy npcs.

Then Split into stuff you would normally give staff or admins.

I also read a lot about NPCS not talking or behaving properly for 766 ?

14. Offline

fullwall

We always need wiki contributors - if you see an article you don't like, don't hesitate to make it better explained.

15. Offline

Xemnas33

It's already split into sections for per NPC. Splitting it again could make it much more confusing. If you would like to suggest a solution feel free :)

16. Offline

fullwall

I think he wants a 'typical use' situation, where the very basic commands/permissions you'd need to set up traders/select npcs/view trader inventories are provided.

17. Offline

Daniel Few

@fullwall Hello! Loving the progress on this. Just wondering? A while ago I suggested the option to have traders do this:

1. You right click a trader, they give you item and say a phrase.
    2. Next to you click them, they don't give you that item again and they cycle through set msgs.

For example.

1st time: Oh, hello! Have you fished before? Here, have a fishing rod! *gives rod*
    2nd time: How's that fishing Going?, Have you fished Yet?, I love fishing!

One of the devs said it would be good for the traders part. Do you you know if this is going to be added?
    -DanJames

18. Offline

Shroomie

Hey all,

Thanks for your brilliant plugin. Sorry for asking, but I don't feel like reading 108 pages to get my problem solved.

Only Ops in my server can interact with traders. I use Permissions and I have already added 'citizens.trader.stock' to it. It doesn't matter what I put into Permissions, only Ops can buy, sell or stock traders. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

19. Offline

ledhead900

^ Pretty much.

I just get a headach looking at the wiki so far trying to work out what commands I need to give to allow players to create/clone existing npcs, Change only there cloned npcs name and assign loot and use and talk to npcs.

What i'm getting at is the commands are not very intuative from past experiences with other npc plugins.
    just like what fullwall said.

You would find more people would be willing to use this over others if commands could be as simple as

Citizens.Player < provides all the rights to Trade with and chat to npcs

Citizens.Create < provides all the rights to create new and copy existing npcs, Rename there new npc and only there's while leaving the original intact, Define the NPC loadout and Trade items, etc.

Citizens.Mods < provides majority of the commands for managing npcs other then removing npcs created by Op's

Citizens.Admin < provides all the rights end of story

Npcs should work more the the following

Loottable - Assigns items and amounts to an ID these are what the npc will drop when killed.

SpawnTable - Assigns Spawn point of the npc and NPC ID's get added to this table.

TraderTable - same as "Lootable" but assigns trading kits that are given to traders to sell.

NpcList - Provides IDs and names of NPC's this list would also store meta data of the above tables and the gear the npc wears and uses.

This is a much neater way to go about organizing npcs as then you would end up with with a final NPC that when spawned is complete with loot and other settings pre defined.

Then all you would need to do to place npcs around was setup the above to your liking as needed. Stand in the spot u want a npc to spawn at and create a new spawntable then add NPC ID's to that spawn table.

You would do away with copy as it would be reduntant you do away with a lot of the slew of commands that are currently used to assign items and all of that stuff.

The plugin would be lighter on recources and use less cpu cycles, the main benefit is it would be a 2 step process to make an npc complete with assigned items and tradeing ability once you spent the time making pre defined npcs ready to deploy to your world.

Now thats jut my take on it and NPCX did this quite well could have imporved on it but his plugin is dead now due lack of support, somone did take it over but is not working on I dont hink so u may wish to give that a go and get a feel for what i'm talking about better.

I know this sounds like Im asking you to restructure the lot and it kinda would be a fair amount of work but the end results would be a cleener and less cumbersom product and I think we can both see the benifts of that.

20. Offline

Shroomie

Ledhead, I do everything as wiki says only to see that Ops can do everything and non-Ops nothing, even with Permissions with added nodes...

EDIT: My friend also encounters this problem.

21. Offline

ledhead900

The only thing I can work out right now is how to give to admin OP complete control sorry I cant help you my post was simply venting some of my issues with this plugin and I have not even installed it yet part of me not installing yet is the known issues about npcs not chatting or acting strange.

and other part is I simply cant work out what to give my players there is so many options doing the similar things or all of the same thing but differnet parts of control for that one thing. Im procastinating a but over bothering right now.

Escp since NPCX has a fork that works on 1.5 and I already know how to manage that plugin and they attack and guard your work for you.

22. Offline

aPunch

uQuest support is not happening. The problems you are having will be fixed in 1.0.8d.

@ledhead900 I appreciate the feedback, but this is not NPCX. Citizens is most likely going to stay away from spawngroups and the other NPCX-like features for awhile. For now we're using our own system. As for your permissions nodes idea, I agree with that. I'll talk with the rest of the team and see if they would prefer using shorter permissions nodes.

v1.0.8d is in its final stages of preparation. There is just one last bug with healers not saving properly. Unfortunately, data values for wool are still not working, and we will not be providing a fix for them in this release. We believe it may be a bug with Bukkit.

23. Offline

Blobinet

Is there a way for the admin NOT to have the npc limit/cost at creation?

24. Offline

Xemnas33

I'd guess that one of your NPC names is too long. Edit it manually in the locations file :)

25. Offline

fullwall

Xemnas33 - new bukkit RB prevents that particular bug.

26. Offline

ledhead900

Thats a fair trade off I was not really arguing the fact of what was and was not tbh but merely trying to get a point across that as it is now this is complicated as hell when it comes to correctly setting permissons.

I understand about npcx I was just trying to get the point across and none the less the ideas are still valid but do it your own way its always better when you do.

I do hope that npcs can some day wonder and guard tho and fight ppl and stuff.

27. Offline

Citizens

Version 1.0.8d

Notable changes include:
    • better saving
    • fixed EssentialsEco bug - USE ESSENTIALS RELEASE VERSION 2.2.17 OR ABOVE if you use EssentialsEco as your server economy
    • fixed talk/look when close bug
    • New Citizens.settings properties: save-tick-delay, save-often, and use-save-tick
    • Ability to bypass NPC creation limit with permission node 'citizens.general.nolimit'
    • Other stuff that I'm forgetting

28. Offline

Creylon

How can I sell/buy Log with data 0 1 2 at the same time?
    When I type 17:1:2 as ID, when the normal wood is already added, it says, that the NPC already sell/buy LOG.
    Can anyone help?

arthoz likes this.
  29. is there a permission for setowner i am missing ?

30. Offline

fullwall

@Creylon - try 1.0.8d - *possibly* works.

31. Offline

fullwall

@Spidi - citizens.general.setowner