[FUN] Bukkit Chat IRC - Chat without logging on [766]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by dreadiscool, May 17, 2011.

1. Offline

dreadiscool

Bukkit Chat IRC
    Hey everyone! This is my first plugin, so please don't be too harsh on me. :oops:

Are you tired of having to log onto Minecraft every time you wanted to chat? Well, the solution is here! I'm releasing the first version (well 2nd to me) of my Chat IRC client and server. The server listens on Port 8221, so be sure to forward that port (unless you use Hamachi). I'm working on getting the port customizable. It's a small fix, but I just wanted to get this first version out there.

Features:
    • Chat with other IRC Clients
    • Chat with server members
    • Kick other IRC members
    • IRC Member lookup
    • Op users/Regular users
    • Customizable Port
    • Customizable op password
    • Port specification on client
    Server (Plugin folder)
    Here's the link to the server (the one that goes in the plugins folder) IMPORTANT! Update your server - important server-crashing glitch fixed! (Read instructions below on how to use new version, because it requires a config file)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29419562/IRC.jar
    Create a new file, and name it irc-properties.yml. In the file, on the first line, write the port number you wish the server to listen on, and on the second line, write the op password. For example, if I want the server to work on port 8221 and start with the password 'password', I would write this inside the yml:
    password

Place this file inside the plugins folder (with the IRC.jar file)

Client Version
    Here's the link for the client (it starts using a .bat file, but if you want to run it on Linux/Mac, using any text editor, put in "java -jar .\BetaIRC.jar" and save the extension as .sh If there's anyone that wants to help clear this up (I only have Windows &) please comment and I'll add the instructions in here.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29419562/BetaIRC.zip (Remember to unzip!)

Changelog
    VERSION 1.0​
    Plugin only in alpha testing​
    VERSION 1.2​
    First release of plugin
    VERSION 1.6
    Added kick/lookup
    Added op/regular clients
    Ability to customize op password​
    Ability to customize port​
    VERSION 2.1
    Fixed server crashing glitch​

I hope this makes it to the plugins page :D

I'm always open to suggestions!

I'm working on getting a better build out(kicks, op commands, executing server console commands) if anyone cares:(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
    Estevo-Aleixo likes this.
  2. Offline

craztheking

Error 404?

3. Offline

Clucky

File for client not found

4. Offline

dreadiscool

I'm in the middle of reworking this plugin. It had some errors due to the update, and it's inactive, but I'm working on a fix right now.

EDIT: Lost the source LOL. Look's like I'm rewriting it :p

5. Offline

Estevo-Aleixo

could you reconstruct (decompile) it from the jar?

6. Offline

dreadiscool

@Estevo-Alexio
    I could, but the dependencies wouldn't work out well :L.

7. Offline

blaize9

the download is down