Inactive [FUN] BookBio v1.0 - let your players write their tale [1.3-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by codename_B, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Offline

codename_B

Ever wished there was a simple way for your players to RP their Bio without having to rewrite it every time?

Now there is!
    Using the new BookAPI I wrote, I've made one ;)

How to use:
    • /write (with a book in your hand) - starts writing your bio
    • /read (reads your bio)
    • /read <name> (reads the bio of <name>)
    How does it look:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Where do I get it:
    Source code:

kahlilnc, dark_hunter and Deathmarine like this.
  2. Offline

grandwazir

I like this. I am waiting for the Book API myself so I can give people a book when they start on the server explaining what they need to do.

3. Offline

Deathmarine

codename_B

Jesus man. Thats nice. I've got to fork it and configure as a lib. If you don't mind. I got some plugins to write. All of the (ChatColor) formatting works with it as well.

Kudos.

4. Offline

codename_B

No worries ;)
    I quite enjoyed figuring out wtf to do with it, heh.

5. I'm a bit disappointed how the technical limitations of the books turned out. I was hoping they were treated somewhat similar to maps - the data itself is stored independently from the ItemStack and is queried by the client when opening the GUI, possibly even a server-controlled GUI that opens when you right-click.

Unfortunately it's nothing like that. No simple displaying of "text screens" without any book involved :( I would have liked the possibilities with that. Requiring players taking an item into their hands and right-clicking with it to display the "magical plugin texts" one might think of is not optimal IMO.
    Anyway, we have to deal with what we've got. Nice implementation and good job with the research!

6. This looks awesome, good job with the Book API!