[FUN] BetaClassic v0.2.0 - Classic Style Sandbox [740-766]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Bobby5589, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Bobby5589

BetaClassic - Classic Style Sandbox
    Version: v0.2.0

"Who says you can't still play in the sandbox?"
    [/center]

BetaClassic aims to recreate the complete sandbox feel of Minecraft Classic with the benefits of Beta
    (blocks, etc). The inventory is recreated into a menu of blocks which you can drag into your main bar for
    infinite use and the destruction of blocks is once again instant.

[severe]null pointer - I know this and I believe I know what it is, it won't affect the functionality of the plugin, but I believe (if I'm right) it was the cause of the config problems before.

-/-/- I've decided to fragment the versions of BetaClassic. The first will be denoted _Server and will be aimed at full server implementations with its own worlds support in the future. The second well be denoted _Permissions and will be augmented for use with permissions.

[/LIST][/LIST][/LIST][/LIST][/quote]

Mirrors

Guidox264, edenbenedic and eagleFMJ like this.
  2. Offline

skawke

I'd like to see multiworld in this.

3. Offline

Cvisser

Thanks a ton man I apreciate ur help. It worked! [​IMG]

4. Offline

Bobby5589

You should be able to run permissions multiworld... I could be wrong though. I will supply a non-permissions setting at a later date.

5. Offline

Cvisser

is there anyway to take out the BetaClassic.destroy from the admins even tho we got the '*'???

Cud u do me a favor and make a file without betaclassic.destroy and make a cmd to deactivate it. Its a pain in the ass to get rid of '*' and go thru all my plugins and add all the cmds for me the admin.

6. Offline

Soggydoughnuts

Ok... well the detection is working great... but now we aren't getting unlimited blocks and instant deletetion. So I have to choose between one or the other.... Any suggestions?

-Donuts

7. Offline

Cvisser

try this version donuts

8. Offline

Soggydoughnuts

That is the one I reverted to because unlimited resources is more important than protection. The protection does not work though. Does it work for you?

-Donuts

9. Offline

Bobby5589

I'll check into it a bit more, Donuts. Thinking back on it guys, I may have put something in the wrong place. I'll see if I can rectify this and finish up my XML cleanup then update as 0.1.4. (Later today or sometime tomorrow depending on how I feel)

10. Offline

Soggydoughnuts

Thank you on working on this issue quickly. Love your plugin just need to protect the stuff I make with it ^-^

-Donuts

11. Offline

Cvisser

The BetaClassic.menu DOES NOT WORK! all the other ones work fine but the groups without BetaClassic.menu r still able to access the menu 0.o

12. Offline

Bobby5589

That's odd as the nesting for each is set up exactly the same.

Anyways, give this one a test to see if this handles the event canceling properly and let me know.

[​IMG]Download RwK BetaClassic

13. Offline

Cvisser

nope all permissions don't work. Do I not kno how to enable them? b/c players that don't have the permissions can still use every cmd, quick destroy and unlimited blocks
    --- merged: Mar 4, 2011 6:00 PM ---
    Btw I like usein the version on top b/c I'm unable to use quickdestroy and place. I don't like havin those b/c I can't turn them off unless permissions worked correctly. I might be able to exempt a node like -'-BetaClassic.quickdestroy' if the permissions was workin

14. Offline

Bobby5589

That wasn't to fix permissions, but rather to see if it fixed the anti-build plugin issue/my mistake.

I want you to run this one Cvi. I've added some output to the blockDamage and blockPlace events to see whats happening, so let me know what you get. (But as a note, I had used permissions v2.4 when I was working with setting it up. I couldn't get to any info for v2.1)

[​IMG]Download RwK BetaClassic

[edit] Also, I'm not exactly sure what you just said, Cvi.

15. Offline

Cvisser

Well the first link u gave me 2 days ago fixed anti-build plugin issue. The link above this one worked too. I didn't try this last link u gave me. What I'm askin is how do u enable permissions?

[EDIT] Come to my server and ill help u test what ever u want about the plugin 98.243.217.27:25565

16. Offline

Bobby5589

I removed it then, I need to make it work correctly for everyone else (e.g. Donuts). Try that one, I'll work on permissions now.

17. Offline

Cvisser

Alright Cool that ur workin on permissions

If u need me to test come to my server :D

18. Offline

Soggydoughnuts

Still no luck Bobby :-/ Tried both you posted. The one above had no change. The other did the thing where it worked but removed unlimited building.

-Donuts

19. Offline

faxi

Hey guys I've been following along the past few days. Has there been a mix that has the menus working and the instant destroy working. If so what build of bukkit and permissions are needed.
    I've been using build 440 and tried both permissions 2.0 and 2.1. That gave me the ability to break with one hit but no commands worked.

20. Offline

Bobby5589

Would you happen to be using permissions as well, Donuts? The one you quoted I fixed a block(java) such that it was acting when the event was canceled.

It was this with the mistake.
    Code:
    if(event.isCanccled()){ 
    //Do Stuff 
    }
    And with that one I fixed the mistake so it correctly will read like this.
    Code:
    if(event.isCanccled()){ 
    //Do Nothing
    }
    else {
    //Do Stuff
    }

I originally setup permissions with v2.4, the continuation by another developer. I was planing to put v2.1 first, however I couldn't seem to get/find information on it. I am working on the issue at the moment, but also note that permissions isn't enabled by default. If you still have issues, try the download I told Cvi to try and tell me what it prints out to the server.

To enable permissions, you'll need to open up the Config.xml and inside the <type> tag put "permissions".
    Code:
    <type>permissions</type>
    Once I finished up with redoing my xml implementation I will clean up the top post for this thread with better instructions.

21. Offline

Deadlystrike

Good work man! get those instant blocks and permisions !

22. Offline

SpecialMike

When I try to start up my server with BetaClassic installed I get
    Code:
    01:21:33 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    01:21:33 [SEVERE] PLAYER_COMMAND loading BetaClassic v0.1.2 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: PLAYER_COMMAND
            at us.bobby5589.RwK.BetaClassic.BetaClassic.onEnable(BetaClassic.java:82)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:414)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:187)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:83)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:61)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

I noticed it says version 0.1.2 but the thread title says 0.1.3, so if the newer version fixed that, where can I find it?

23. Offline

Deadlystrike

well... Check the following
    Download the Link and run it with out any other plugins
    if it works its a conflict if not read on

Uninstsal the plugin and delete the folder that it gives you
    instal the plugin in the comment link first page

that plugin works 100% but can not use permisions

id recomend using that plugin untill he fixes the permisions thing

24. Offline

Bobby5589

The download link on the front post is always the latest. Others throughout the thread are for testing.

Anyways, what build are you using Mike? I believe I noticed that onPlayerCommand was getting depreciated and I have yet to change it up.

25. Offline

Soggydoughnuts

I do have permissions installed as it is required for other plugins and it is 2.1
    Do I need to update? Removing it still didn't fix the problem.

-Donuts

26. Offline

Bobby5589

Perhaps this just a priority issue now. I'll try to message the author of izone and see what his setup is.

27. Offline

Draconicus

I downgraded to 440 (and broke everything) to try your plugin, but as an admin I did not instantly start breaking blocks. Is there a command to initiate this?

Build #463 breaks it, and probably anything else much higher than 440. Please update... D:

28. Offline

Soggydoughnuts

Thanks for all your work. I will run a server with just betaclassic and izone and see if it works and then throw permissions in there too. Try to narrow down the problem.

-Donuts

29. Offline

SpecialMike

I am running build 495 of craftbukkit; I guess it's time to change it up :p. Also, I did use the download link in the first post, so either the plugin or the thread is wrong.

30. Offline

Cvisser

ok typin permissions enables permissions for PermissionsV2.4 but what else would i type to enable it for PermissionsV2.51?

31. Offline

Bobby5589

I was unaware of a v2.51, I'll mention when I extend the options.

As an important note, I've managed to get sick so I'm am going to rest up a few days or until I can manage to may my throat better.