[FUN] ArrowWall 0.4 - Summon a wall of arrows to kill your enemies [953]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by overlordnyaldee, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Offline

overlordnyaldee

ArrowWall - Summon a wall of arrows:
    Version: v0.4

Summon a huge wall of arrows towards your enemies!
    You can create anywhere from 1 to 500 arrows above your head and send them raining down upon anyone unfortunate enough to be in your way.

After using VoidMage's ArrowStorm, I was inspired to create a plugin that would replicate the ability to spawn arrows, but to be used for war/offensive purposes. Maybe you'll have a use for it, maybe not, but it's great for mowing down players, taking great screenshots and recreating Braveheart.

Usage:
    /aw [arrowsToSpawn] - spawns an amount of arrows in the direction you face
    /fw [arrowsToSpawn] - spawns flaming arrows
    /awreload - reloads configuration

Features:
    • Choose how many arrows to rain down. If not given, sends 10 arrows.
    • Flaming arrows! Use /fw instead.
    • Inventory support, optionally takes arrows from inventory
    • Automatically removes arrows after some time so performance is not impacted.
    • Permissions support
    • Works with 700+ builds
    Permissions Node:

• arrowwall.aw - Use /aw and /fw
    • arrowwall.awreload - Use /awreload
    • arrowwall.exempt - Exempt from using inventory
    Screenshot
    Download ArrowWall
    Source Code

ToDo:

• Add a separate configuration option to enable inventory exemption
    • Add a multiplier for inventory usage, ex 1 arrow in inventory counts as 4 for /aw
    Changelog:

0.4:
    • added YAML config options
    • added configuration reload (/awreload) (- 'arrowwall.awreload')
    • added flaming arrows (/fw)
    • commands issued over the limit of arrows no longer still execute
    • added ability to not use Permissions, will cause all players to be able to use commands, if you want only Ops, set permissions to true
    • added ability to use arrows in inventory, set inventory to true in the config file
    • exemption from using items in inventory (- 'arrowwall.exempt')
    0.3:
    • Added Permissions support, public release
    0.2:
    • Added variable arrow amounts
    0.1:
    • First release

2. Offline

Flenix

Any chance of increasing the damage the arrows from this do? right now it takes 3-4 hits with a 500 wave to kill...
    (I get that only one arrow "hits" a player and the rest bounce off, just that one arrow could do more damage, maybe configurable?)

3. Offline

Martyn Cooksey

See if you could reconfigure the settings to enable either snowballs or eggs to be thrown, that would be amazing!

4. Offline

Tarnacki

is there anyway to disable flaming arrows?

5. Offline

NERDYtimmy

Hey! This isnt working on our server for some reason. It was working yesterday..
    I get an error saying an Internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command.

6. Offline

Meisgoot312

This plugin is great, and it seems to be working with CB 818! Something I noticed though, the arrows seem to "lag" their way to the target zone, is that supposed to happen or is something wrong?

7. Offline

jakki

I dont know if this is a bug or not. But if you try to shoot /fw arrows on a tree, the tree dont start burning.

8. Offline

Kalais

Is it possible to make /aw and /fw toggleable (on/off) to a predefined number of arrows with right-click as the use method?

9. Offline

108ricky

Can you make it so that arrows shoot at a specific region every Y times?

For example you make a cuboid of the area you wish to shoot arrows at with say, a wheat item?

And you do such a command like:

/awc (time in seconds for when to shoot) (how many arrows)

10. Offline

kyfwana

Is it possible to increase the speed of the arrows? They are slow and can't travel very far. Can their speed be configurable?

11. Offline

jtlcr777

Fire arrows don't actually set things on fire. Its a bug with minecraft, not this plugin.

12. Offline

Hitman4Hire

860 support please?

13. Offline

pnede3

Could you set an id/item in the way that you can shoot 100 arrows in one time with that specific item? Just a kind a artillery item. I would like to use something like that in my server :D

14. Offline

Shad

Can you make a permissions nodes for the amount of arrows a player can spawn and for fire and normal arrows.

So like arrowwall.aw.10 means they can only spawn a max of 10 arrows.

jtlcr777 likes this.
  15. Offline

jtlcr777

That sounds like a good idea! I support this.

16. Offline

nixx62

how about yo can select a player like /aw 500 (your name here)

17. Offline

Pim1234

how about using the command will let them float in the air above your head and when you left or right click using the item specified in the config will send them flying to that spot, it'll make you look kinda dangerous ;)

18. Offline

Rurikar22

Possible to get an update for Bukkit Permissions?