[FUN] ArrowBombs v1.0.0 - Arrows blow up when they hit mobs! [935]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by zonedabone, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Offline

zonedabone

ArrowBombs - Arrows blow up when they hit mobs!
    Version: v1.0.0

ArrowBombs is pretty straightforward. Just shoot a mob with an arrow, and an explosion will be spawned in that location, killing the enemy and probably doing a bit of structural damage. Of course, you can take it farther than that! Want to fry your foe? Set "setfire" to true in the config! Want the explosion to be bigger or smaller? Change "power" in the config to your licking! (the default 4 is the power of TNT)

Bugs:
    • If the arrow hits a block, it will wait for a VERY long time and then explode without warning or reason. Just don't shoot blocks. This is a bug in bukkit that will hopefully get fixed soon.
    Features:
    • Blows up arrows on impact.
    • What more do you need?
    Download ArrowBombs
    Source Code

Changelog:
    Version 1.0.0
    • Initial release.

2. Offline

hypershadow66

Hmm, I'm trying to make a giant pvp world, but I would need this to destroy world blocks as well :(

3. Offline

zonedabone

It does. The explosion will behave just like an explosion from tnt. (Mainly it will kill anything it hits and blow up some land) It will destroy land if it hits a mob, or player, but there's a bug if it just hits a block. (Should I just make it not explode at all if it hits blocks?)

4. Offline

zonedabone

I submitted a pull request to the bukkit git that fixes the bug limiting this. I built it and tried it out and it works perfectly. I must say it's satisfying to blow stuff up so easily.

5. Offline

Plague

Update the plugin to latest recommended build and change the title accordingly.
    Failure to do so will result in this moving to INACTIVE section.

6. Offline

SplenectomY

Suggestions - there is a mod out there called FlamingArrows that toggles the effect and uses an item in your inventory if it's next to your bow in your quickbar. Perhaps make it so the user must have TNT in his or her inventory for it to take effect, and it also consumes one TNT? I may be willing to give this one a try :D

7. Suggestions:
    1. An expansion of the above suggestion. Tie it in with Flaming arrows, and let them have 'gunpowder' (Small explosions), or 'TNT' (Large explosions, perhaps with decreased range due to weight?).
    2. Permissions and Multi-world support.
    3. If it doesn't, make sure it consumes the arrows.