[FUN] AmnesiaCraft v1.1.2 - Fear the Dark [935]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Kevin Forte, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Offline

Kevin Forte

AmnesiaCraft: Adding the Element of Fear
    Version: 1.1.2​
    Download: [JAR]

Ever play "Amnesia: The Dark Descent"? I did, and it was amazing. I thought it would be a nice touch to make the dark more intimidating in Minecraft as well.

Features:
    • Adds the elements of a player's heart rate and level of sanity, where sanity drops when in the dark and heart rate rises.
    • If sanity drops too low, player slowly takes damage until death.
    Commands:
    • /sanity
    Check your vitals. Usage can speed the process of going insane very slightly (The more often you question your own sanity, the more insane you become).

Permissions:
    There is one node that will prevent a player from experiencing the effects of this plugin:
    Code:
    ac.levelhead

To-do:
    • Drop sanity more quickly when monsters are in view.
    • Reduce the speed in which sanity drops when other players/wolves are near.
    • Various effects when sanity is very low.
    • A config file.
    • Multi-world support (be patient about this one please...)
    Possible To-do:
    • Consumable item to gain sanity.
    • Lightning striking near a player spikes their heart rate
    • Rewrite code more conviniently
    Bug list:
    • Null returns with /sanity.
    • Items are destroyed when a player dies.
    Changelog:
    Show Spoiler

Version 1.1.2
    • Items now drop normally when a player dies.
    Version 1.1.1
    • Fixed the null returns.
    Version 1.1
    • Added a permission node to prevent sanity loss.
    • Lowered the light level at which a player loses sanity significantly.
    Version 1.0
    • Initial plugin release.

2. Offline

KingPin

on 1.1.2 CB 740 Linux getting this error :

3. Offline

Asymetrikon

Hi.

I have Bukkit740 and Version 1.1.2.
    My Sanity doesnt drop in Darkness. Serverlog shows no Errors.

4. I wish there was a way to mod the client from the server... then you would be able to add cool effects like fog and blurry effects and mobs that never really appear in the light. Or even worse (for those who have seen Dr.Who) monsters that only move when you cant see them. *shudder* that would be an awesome game.

but if there are any server side things that you could use to simulate those things would be awesome too...
    Can you call sound events? Can you create false mobs that resemble the default ones but behave differently? (spawn in dark but despawn in light?)

5. Offline

OliTheG

Updated is it?

I'll have a look and see again.

6. Offline

Kevin Forte

The issue here is finding the balance between how much dark you want dark to be. Before, the light threshold at which sanity would drop was too high. Now it may be too low. Try concealing yourself in complete darkness, and tell me if sanity drops then. I might just need to make another slight adjustment to that threshold.

I think my top two priorities right now effects-wise are seeing if I can 1. simulate the effect when a player is travelling through a nether portal and 2. seeing if I can trigger sounds. I'm not sure about either. For the monsters, I was thinking about having monsters spawn away from the player (zombies, creepers, and spiders, this wouldn't work with skellies) and having them de-spawn as soon as they got too close to the player. Don't know how I'd do that though haha.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  7. Offline

NightmareX91

Make it possible to choose what light level we lose sanity in :D Also, I'm having a problem. I'm using essentials groupmanager, groupbridge, help and autohelp but I get this error when trying /sanity:
    Code:
    An internal error occured while attempting to perform this command

null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'sanity' in plugin AmnesiaCraft v1.1.2
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:255)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:677)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:640)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:634)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at kforte318.AmnesiaCraft.AmnesiaCraft.onCommand(AmnesiaCraft.java:235)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 12 more

8. YES, I totally forgot about the nether blur. Also take a look at some mob spawn sources (I really dont have any actual java experience). Each mob has their own ID attached to them, maybe you could assign a special range of numbers to use in your plugin (set the # when you spawn them [IDK if its possible] ) and check their positions relative to the player.

9. Offline

Kevin Forte

@NightmareX91 I'll look into that, but that is probably because you are using GroupManager as opposed to Permissions. Thank you so much for posting the error xP

@battlefielder128 A little Java insight as related to Bukkit, almost everything has an ID :) How I might go about doing it is getting locations a certain distance away from the player, checking if the locations are air (empty), and then spawning mobs at those locations and having them despawn when they get too close to a player.

10. Offline

Monkah

Here are a list of effects

- Illusions (Fake mobs appearing for a few seconds)
    - Dizziness (Randomly speeds up)
    - Confusion (Random left click actions.)

^ EDIT: OH, AND SEEING HEROBRINE

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

Kevin Forte

Random left click is a good idea that I did not think of :) One thing that I REALLY want to do is turn on the inertia mouse movement style, but I don't know if that's possible from within Bukkit.

If only that were possible. xP

12. Offline

Monkah

There used to be a herobrine mod in Hey0...

13. Offline

Kevin Forte

I think I've seen that before. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think it would involve adding another entity with its own skin to the list, and I would think that that is client side.

14. Offline

Monkah

See NPCx

The username "Herobrine" has the herobrine skin.

15. Offline

Kevin Forte

Woah, that's awesome hahaha

16. Offline

cholo71796

Some extra speed or jump height- a la "fight or flight" response- accompanied by a disadvantage when you become frightened might be neat.

17. Offline

Kevin Forte

Another good idea :)

18. Offline

Devian50

for the hostile spawning (hallucinations) mabey remove the AI so the dont move around or attack you. I noticed Mobs have a bad habit of spawning without a brain (AI) and just standing there stupid not dying or anthing. Just makin noises and such. Mabey use that bug to your advantage?

yes!

19. Offline

Kevin Forte

I thought when they just stood there it was because they glitched out, because logging out and back in usually fixes that. If I can get mobs spawning, I think I would still like them to move, because it does keep a player guessing as to whether or not the mobs are real ;) I might also like to have a very small percentage chance that they do not despawn when they get near you, as if your player was becoming insane to the point of mild schizophrenia :p

20. Offline

Devian50

true... well they are standing their probably because their AI hit a bug and is spamming errors to a nonexistant console! (talk about dumb AI!) but yeah I know what you mean! well I hear the birds chirpin so I better get to sleep!

21. Offline

Asymetrikon

I concealed myself in darkness a few mins. My Sanity does not drop at all.
    Im an Admin but i added the -ac.levelhead to Admins. Maybe that Permission is not working? I seem to be the only one who has this Problem in this Thread.

22. Offline

NightmareX91

I really want to use this plugin :C I can't finish my server without it.

23. Offline

Kevin Forte

Hmm, I think step one would be to Make Sure you're using the most recent version of the plugin, and step two would be to try the /sanity command: if it gives you something back, then you should be losing sanity.

What is preventing you from using it?

24. Offline

Asymetrikon

Strange its working now. But i didnt change anything. But it works now. :p

25. Offline

Kevin Forte

Well in that case, hooray. xD

26. Offline

Monkah

I'll use this once we get a configurable amount of how long it takes to go insane. That and some better effects (Herobrine, illusions, fake noises, dizziness, etc.)

Perhaps how far you are underground and if it's nighttime could be great factors.

27. Offline

Kevin Forte

T
    To be completely honest, I'm being really lazy about the config. I worked on this incessantly for about a week, so I'm working on a small side project just for a day or two to take my mind off of it and then once the new thing is done I'll go back to this and do some more hardcore work. :)

28. Offline

NightmareX91

I posted about the error before

29. Offline

Kevin Forte

I've had that happen, I'm not sure the cause though as it simply went away for me. Do you have Permissions?

Hm, I could see about GroupManager support but I don't know, not a top priority.

30. Offline

NightmareX91

Okay, its just I don't like permissions :/ its messy, especially with nano.

31. Offline

Kevin Forte

Ahh, gotcha /: