Friends list ?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Pr4w, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Offline

Pr4w

Hey,

Just thought of something. Wouldn't it be great to have a plugin for friend managing ? Eg, on servers where there are a lot of people, you don't always know who is online. So something along the lines of :
    /friend add Nickname -> User gets a notification, asking him if he wants to accept or decline
    If he accepts, when a user types /friend, he has a list of his online friends, so he can see if people he knows are online, and start chatting with them, instead of browsing through the /list

What do you think? :)

2. Offline

hellomanscoffe

I actually just started thinking about this today... And here are the ideas that I have came up with so far... (Also the one where if you type /list maybe they show in a different colour sounds good as well =) (also a private chat sounds cool :p).

• If someone is added to your friend list you cannot deal damage to them, and they can not deal damage to you.
    • When someone is on your friend list their name appears a custom colour (Maybe [Im thinking of a light-ish colour.. like Green].
    • Also, An enemy list would be cool. There names could appear orange if there like 30 blocks away from you, and red if there close to you.
    • Now. Thinking about that... I now remember that you can't make peoples names coloured unless you have a custom client mod installed. I will probably make a mod for clients to change peoples name colours (OPTIONAL). I will also change there name colour when they talk.
    • For the client mod I could make it so if someone is on your friend list they get a cape, and if there on your enemy list they get a different cape :D
    • For the enemy list I could make it so if an enemy came within 15-20 blocks of you you get an alert through the chat.. Although this will be tog-gable due to it getting fucking annoying :p
    • Also with the client I could make it so instead of showing a chat alert when an enemy came close to you, it could give you an alert via the GuiInGame.
    • If you/someone in your friends list has a wolf, the wolf will not attack anyone in your friends list (Even if you hit them (I know I said that you won't be able to deal damage to players in your friends list if you hit them, But it's best to be on the safe side =P).
    • If you have a wolf, and an enemy is in a 5 block radius of you and you type something like /wkill, the wolf will attack the enemy that is near you.
    Once I have gotten a few more ideas I will begin work on it ;)

EDIT: Wow, this has been here since april D:
    I am surprised no one got here before me... :3