Problem/Bug Friends Can't Join Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by iSkyes, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

iSkyes

Hi there.

I recently started up a server for my friends and me to play on, but when they try to join they get the error connection timed out. I have been looking around at other people having the same problem but nothing I've done has worked. I am 99% sure I have done my port forwarding correct and I am not using Hamachi.

It would take me awhile to list everything I've done but to list some:

I've deleted and installed the whole server
    ticked and unticked online and offline mode in properties
    I have the server-ip= left blank
    I have gotten a static IP

yet nothing has worked so far. Hoping I can get it working, as I would love to play with my friends asap.
    TIA

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@iSkyes
    1. Getting a static IP may be the problem. For now, make it dynamic.
    2. Are there any errors in the console? Can you post the full console log to pastebin when they try to join? reply with the link
    3. Check if your port. Go to canyouseeme.org and see if port 25565 is open when you run the server. If it is, it is most likely an issue with your friends and their IP (are you sure they are using the correct ip?) If it is closed, then make sure port 25565 is set to BOTH udp and tcp for your computer.

3. Offline

iSkyes

Thanks for replying.

I went to whatismyip.org and canyouseeme.org to get the public IP.

I've changed the IP to dynamic now, so I'll test it again soon.

https://pastebin.com/ncwwWLwB Is what comes up when I open the server

I did canyouseeme.org with the server open and it said:
    Error: I could not see your service on 203.147.102.*** on port (25565)
    Reason: Connection timed out

4. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@iSkyes
    That means that most likely you have not port forwarded correctly. Try re-checking the port and make sure everything is correct.

5. Offline

iSkyes

I have watched multiple videos on port forwarding for Minecraft, and they were all the same and I've done exactly what they said/did, still timing out. I obviously have done something wrong with it, but I have no clue what it is. Hopefully, it can be fixed. TIA.

6. Offline

iSkyes

Can anyone help? I would like to get this game fixed ASAP

7. Offline

DefNotABot

Port Forwarding is done on your router/modem. Have you forwarded the port from your router to your PC?

8. Offline

iSkyes

@DefNotABot
    No, I haven't. None of the videos I watched mentioned it, I'll have a better look. Thanks for replying. :)
    Edit: Oh do you mean through the default gateway on your browser? Because that's what I did.

9. Offline

Avarthar

You need to portforward on your computer as well. (Not only your router.)
    You can do so from there: `Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall > Advanced Security`
    You allow a Port (or port-range if you use dynmap or any plugins that hosts on a port by itself.) in Inbound Rules and possibly Outbound Rules (It happened to me a few times where I had to add the exceptions in both of them.)
    Also, make sure your server.properties is set on the good port and that your friends are using the same port as well to connect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.