Solved Friends Can't join my vanilla minecraft portforwarded server!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by LandonTheGeek, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Omg! My friend can't join my portforwarded VANILLA server! I'm so frustrated! Can anyone help me?

2. Offline

TnT

Check your port on canyouseeme.org. If it says its closed, one of two things is happening: 1) You haven't port forwarded properly. 2) Your server is not running.

Check portforward.com for assistance in port forwarding.

3. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Okay! Heres what the canyouseeme said... It said
    Code:
    Error: I could not see your service on *** on port (25565)
    Reason: Connection timed out
    But heres the thing... I have portforwarded and got over 20 people on my server.. Do you know what the problem is?

Edit* Server is up atm
    Edit2* About portforward.com, I did that before I set up the server. And of course it worked and i got people on the server, now I here something about firewall blocking ports? Do you know anything about that? But still... It could be a different problem! Thanks!

Thanks!
    -xXTh3B3astXxify

*BUMP*

2nd Bump! I need help!

-Beast

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
  4. Offline

c0mp

If the network connection on the computer that the server runs on is configured to get an IP address dynamically from the router with DHCP, then that IP address could have changed, causing the port you forwarded to be pointing at another computer on the network, or no computer at all. Check your internal IP address and make sure it still matches the one that you set up to forward the port to. If it's changed, you should consider setting that computer's IP address manually.

This could also be the case; your firewall may be blocking the connection. Start by disabling any firewalls that may be running on the server, then you can worry about poking a hole in it for Minecraft/java once you've verified whether or not that's the issue.

5. Offline

jacklin213

Check out my guide to port forwarding or check out the guides in everything u need to know thread in my signature

6. Offline

LandonTheGeek

c0mp
    Okay.. Here's what i checked.. So I checked the IP first.. And thats always been the same from the time i set up my Public Bukkit Server. Then I checked my Windows Firewall. The server was checked to allow people to get on the my Vanilla Server. I'll have a friend try to get in it again and then I'll try to get back to you.
    Thanks!
    -Beast

7. Offline

themagneticone

I'm having the same issue. Seems that the Public Windows Firewall is the issue. When I turn off the Public firewall, I am able to connect, but once it's on it's a no go.

8. Offline

vlames

exactly the same problem :( but my friends can't even connect when the firewall is down.

9. Offline

FilthyDanny

To All The people that are having the firewall problem you have to let the port through you firewall not just java.... (this is for windows 7) go Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall and then on the lower left hand side there will be a option "Advance Settings" Click that then in the top left hand corner click inbound rules and then over on the right hand side there will be "Inbound actions" and under that there should be " new rule" click on that and follow the steps
    Please let me know if this help you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.