Freeze to death

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Solaris_88, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Solaris_88

Plugin category: idk

Suggested name: FreezeToDeath

What I want:
    Hi! I am looking for a plugin where players need to wear any type armor, or they freeze to death. If it's possible, I would like a BossBar to say "Your body temperature" (I would also like this to be changeable in the config)

You should be able to set a time in the config for how long you live without Armor on. When you are in the world with any armor on your "Body Temperature" BossBar starts to go down, and when it runs out you get a nausea potion and then die.

If it's possible, I would like it if when they stand beside fire, or an on furnace the BossBar starts to regain health (as you are warming your self up)

Ideas for commands:
    /freeze [world] (sets a world so you need to wear armor)
    /unfreeze [world] (Makes it so it's normal again)

Ideas for permissions:
    freeze.bypass (do not need to wear armor)

When I'd like it by: Soon

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  2. Offline

Solaris_88

3. Offline

Qaisar101

Sounds like a great plugin! Unfortunately, I am not that good of a developer.

4. @Solaris_88 This would be a interesting concept, you could make a pretty realistic thing out of this. Randomly choose days and make them cold. I may do this but I am pretty busy so anyone can take it if they would like to.

5. Offline

Solaris_88

@bwfcwalshy I didn't think about that. That would be a cool feature to add days that are colder than others. It would also be cool to make it colder at night :D You could also make it so when you get colder, you could get a slowness effect

6. @Solaris_88 Yeah! I may setup a github so anyone can help with this if they like.

7. Offline

Solaris_88

8. @Solaris_88 I am also making rain make the boss bar go down. Everything that will make it go down and up will be configurable to how much it effects (so you could make rain make it go down by half, or a furnace go up by a quarter)

EDIT: Here is the github for anyone who wants it https://github.com/bwfcwalshyPluginDev/Bukkit-Freeze/

9. Offline

Solaris_88

@bwfcwalshy Great idea :D Maybe it can go down if you are in water as well (And continue to go down until your cloths are "dry" which a furnace or a fire will speed dry it faster.

10. @Solaris_88 This is turning bigger and bigger :p I will make the basis then I think I will make a full out realistic plugin, so cloths being wet, being thirsty etc.

11. Offline

Solaris_88

12. Offline

Qaisar101

If this plugin ever gets made, please add a config.yml! :)

13. Solaris_88 likes this.
  14. Offline

SpielMC

@bwfcwalshy I would love to contribute to this! I recently have been looking at Github and want to get more experience in collaboration. I hope I can contribute to this?

Solaris_88 likes this.
  15. Offline

Qaisar101

If you had to take an estimate, how long do you think it will take to make this?

16. @Qaisar101 Depends on how long I can spend on it a day and how much others contribute.

Also please quote or tahg me so I can see quicker.

17. Offline

SpielMC

@bwfcwalshy I have just started out with Git but I know the basics of committing, cloning, branching. So I make my own branch, and then request a pull to add that branch to the master? I am probably wrong! Please let me know.

ChipDev likes this.
  18. Solaris_88 likes this.
  19. Offline

ChipDev

Fork the project.

Solaris_88 likes this.
  20. Offline

Qaisar101

@bwfcwalshy, All right! Thanks for the info!
    Tagged you! xD!

Solaris_88 likes this.
  21. Offline

XgXXSnipz

@bwfcwalshy I found this thread to late :(, I was going to make

Solaris_88 likes this.
  22. Offline

XgXXSnipz

@bwfcwalshy True, for 2 days you only have one class file??

Solaris_88 likes this.
  23. Solaris_88 likes this.
  24. Offline

XgXXSnipz

25. Offline

Qaisar101

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
    Solaris_88 likes this.
  26. Offline

TheAmericanBrit

I've been working on this plugin. Expect a finished product in 2-3 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.