Free Jenkins Hosting for Plugin Developers [All Gone!]

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Daniel Heppner, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Hello, my development team has a 2gb VPS and we are offering a tabs on our Jenkins server for a few other developers.

We realize that Jenkins can speed up the development process and make many things a whole lot easier for developers and server owners alike. Our hope is that by offering Jenkins hosting, we can improve the quality of the community here at Bukkit and make it more appealing than other server mods.

Our Jenkins is slightly modified, we have a custom skin for our dev team (xDevs).
    It's located at ci.xdevelopers.tk:8080

If you would like a tab, please reply with the following template. I AM ONLY GIVING OUT 3 TABS, SO HURRY BEFORE THEY'RE ALL GONE.

You must fit the following to get Jenkins:
    • Use Maven to build your plugins. If you don't, you should, it's better and it's the right way to do things. (plus it's all our Jenkins server is able to build)
    • Use GitHub. This will allow us to set it up to automatically build your plugin when you update the code on GitHub.
    • Be an active developer who makes good plugins.

Thanks, hopefully someone will like this.

DomovoiButler and Tomaz like this.
  2. Offline

RazorFlint

Very Nice! Although Team Zeale Has It's own I'm sure people will benefit from this greatly :)

3. I'm guessing since I'm techincally part of the team I don't have to apply for a tab, I can use the main one? PM me

Daniel Heppner likes this.
  4. Offline

NeoSilky

Name: NeoSilky (Daniel)
    Email: PM if you want it? :D
    Team Name/Desire Jenkins Name: my username :)
    Why I Deserve Jenkins: Because i'm cool! :D (plus i was looking for free servers, and aswell as plugins, im making a java game)
    Number Of Jenkins Projects I'd Like (can be increased later): 3, to start off with? :)
    Plugins I've Developed (use a list):
    - SuperTools
    -StopMob
    -GriefMarker
    -SocialCrafting
    -AutoItem
    -BlockBlock
    Plus several private and ones i didnt release :)

5. Offline

Darkman2412

Are you part of the team? Didn't know that :p

6. Offline

Butkicker12

He did help clean the code for TSN, somehow it got deleted though...

7. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Someone didn't clone before pushing.

8. Offline

oxguy3

Name: oxguy3
    Email: oxguy3 at gmail
    Team Name/Desire Jenkins Name: KeyCraft
    Why I Deserve Jenkins: I'm part of the KeyCraft project - we're planning to make a bunch of plugins to recreate "Kingdom of Hearts" with Bukkit. We've struggled to find a host for our project that could handle Jenkins, our website, and a Minecraft server. We may be getting a Linode plan, but just in case we don't I wanted to make sure we don't lose this awesome offer. I'll post back here again once we know for sure.
    Number Of Jenkins Projects I'd Like: Thus far we have 2 - sure to increase in time
    Plugins I've Developed: The team has made EndlessCity and started work on Denizens. (I've personally made CoolStoryBro, NoSpeedKick, and OxperimentalCommands - see my signature for links)

9. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Impressive. Sure, you're accepted. I'll make you an account in a little bit. (we may also be able to host a website for you, if you really want, but not a Minecraft server, sorry)

Oh, and Linode is overpriced. You can get the same quality VPS or better from EtheliteHosting. Their captcha system isn't working atm, but I just emailed the guy about it. Hopefully registration is fixed soon. (they really do have great servers, they're very cheap for the quality. Each of their nodes has no more than 16gb of ram!)

Not awesome enough.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
    oxguy3 likes this.
  10. Offline

Butkicker12

I just pmed you about that.... like right before I clicked this.

11. Offline

NeoSilky

What would make me awesomer? :(

12. Offline

RROD

Name: RROD (Oliver)​
    Email: Will say so later.​
    Team Name/Desire Jenkins Name: RROD​
    Why I Deserve Jenkins: Been looking to use this for a while with my plugins. I'd probably use it for MCStats4, reccommended builds and bleeding edge too.​
    Number Of Jenkins Projects I'd Like (can be increased later): One for now :)
    Plugins I've Developed (use a list): [Inactive] Codeinator, [WIP] MCStats4, [CB1337] BlockStacks.​

I don't normally have the time for large projects except MCStats, hence why I don't have many decent released plugins. PM me back.​
    Me and @NeoSilky was working on MCStats4. I don't know if he still wants to do so. =/​

13. Offline

iffa

Name: iffa
    Email: iffamies [at to prevent spam goes here] hotmail [a dot is here] fi
    Team Name/Desire Jenkins Name: errm, iffa?
    Why I Deserve Jenkins: Because all of Bukkit hates me
    Number Of Jenkins Projects I'd Like (can be increased later): 1, but that has a goatload of deps
    • BananaSpace
    • Highlighter
    • more i forgot because i never really liked them and

Will I make it for properly reading "use a list"?

14. Offline

Daniel Heppner

I've seen you around, and I certainly think you're a high quality member. Accepted.
    Remember guys, if you stop using your Jenkins, let me know so that I don't waste our resources. Thanks.

15. Offline

iffa

Ah, cool.

16. Offline

EdenCampo

Name: Eden
    Email: [email protected]
    Team Name/Desire Jenkins Name: EdenCampo
    Why I Deserve Jenkins: Well, I really like developeing, I develope plugins for fun, aswell for my friends and my private servers, Also if I can, I help people in the start of there journy, I'm pretty new at Java, still learning, I would be happy to join you there, I didn't really understand what is this but anyway I would think it will be cool to try new things at life.
    I've played MC since update 1.3_1.
    Hmm what else I can tell about me? Ahh I'm not so old, even not 13 yet(If that couses a problem :0), hope I could join, looks like a cool dev team :)
    Number Of Jenkins Projects I'd Like (can be increased later): what do you meen here? Sorry aboutnthe poor English, I'm from israel..
    - NewUsefulCommands(My first plugin, kinda lame :p)
    - GamemodeChanger - My main plugin, for now.
    - AntiCurse ( I use it just for my serv)
    - flatlands ( same here, not posted)
    - IPFinder
    - BedBlocker
    And even more, but they're private, I can PM you them if you want.
    Again sorry for the English mistakes =\
    Have a nice day :)

17. Name: Thomas
    Email: Won't write that here, PM me for it. :)
    Team Name/Desire Jenkins Name: V10lator
    Why I Deserve Jenkins: Well, I could realy need it for BukkitHTTPD because I want to implement The Banana Map Renderer into it, but I think this is to much work for me alone.
    Number Of Jenkins Projects I'd Like (can be increased later): 1 for now.
    And a few private ones...

18. I kinda fixed TSN, but some bum deleted everything...

Butkicker12 likes this.
  19. Offline

Daniel Heppner

No. You don't know what Jenkins is, figure that out first.
    And you use Maven? If yes, I'll make you a tab.

20. Not till now. :(
    But I see there is a eclipse plugin, so maybe soon (just have to read more about maven to get what exactly it is and if this plugin is what I would need).

21. Offline

RROD

So have you ignored me?

22. Offline

codename_B

Could do with one for bPermissions :)

23. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Sorry, I guess I wasn't very impressed. I suppose you can have one, we'll see.

You didn't follow the template. I COULD make you follow it, but since I know you around here and bPerms is one of my favorite plugins, I suppose I don't need to.

PM'd you two, no more will be accepted.

24. Offline

codename_B

;) this gets you on my "nice" list.

25. Offline

Jaker232

Dang, I wish I could've saw this earlier.

26. Offline

thehutch

lol you just simply say anything and everyone says yes and bows down to you :p lucky teach me how to d it please. :D

27. Offline

Daniel Heppner

I didn't do it because he's codename_B, I am not biased. I have used his plugins in the past so I don't really have any questions for him.

28. Offline

iffa

Is it just me or is it dead?

29. Offline

Darkman2412

The domain is down I think.

30. Offline

iffa

Seems to be back now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.