FoundOres

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by madtomic, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin category: Mechnical

Minecraft version: 1.12.2

Suggested name: FoundOres

What I want: I would like to a simple plugin that would broadcast telling everyone on the server how many pieces of ore a player had found.

*config file to set the settings.
    foundmessage: "&eYou found <qty> <ores>!"
    broadcast: true/false
    broadcastmessage: "&e<player> found <qty> <ores>!"
    runcommand: true/fasle
    command: pay <player> 10

Added: run a command

Something to keep in mind, the broadcast is for other while foundmessage is for oneself so it would not repeat for oneself the foundmessage and broadcastmessage.

Thank you for reading.

Ideas for commands: None

Ideas for permissions: None

When I'd like it by: As soon as you can, please!

2. Offline

timtower Ninja on the waves Moderator

@madtomic When would this send the messages? Does the plugin needs to track the information itself or through an API?

3. When the player breaks first ore block in the chunk it would send the message. As far as for tracking. It would be useful to include a log with playername, uuid, type, qty and ore found. date/time could be the log file name.

4. Offline

asteroidsteam

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  5. @asteroidsteam

Great, I will let you know if I find any issues/bugs. Thank you for working on this.

Edit: one minor change is to perhaps scans the surrending blocks for the same type of ore found. Add them all together instead of sending a message for each block is mined.

So it would send player found 5 diamond ores and of course, you would check again so it's not reading the same 5 logged blocks already.

Thanks,

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  6. Offline

asteroidsteam

@madtomic I get it now, I will try to add that over the weekend, I'll tell you when its done ;)

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  7. Let’s said you have 4 pieces of coal in same vein. When you break one of those. I think you could scan 5x5 area where the first block is broken to check for same type of ore. Then from this scan you could get the total of that same block.

I hope I explained better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.